Low oil pressure in 2000 tundra?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Remmy700P
  • 1 Post By Highwaylizard

Thread: Low oil pressure in 2000 tundra?

Liked
    6 times

Default Low oil pressure in 2000 tundra?

Yesturday i notice my oil pressure seem a bit low was in between 1/4 and 1/2 mark at idle and once it would warm up it would sit just above 1/2 mark and when i stop at a stop light it goes down to 1/4 mark but when i'm driving at about 2k rpm its almost to the 3/4 mark, is that normal i though it should be around the 3/4 mark at idle. i'm running amsoil 0-30w.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    212 times

Default Re: Low oil pressure in 2000 tundra?

If you're running 0w30 I would expect the cold pressure to be less than someone running 5w30 or 10w30. For me, on cold startup at idle the pressure is at about 1/2, at 3k rpm it gets closer to the 3/4 mark. Once it's warmed up it'll sit just above the 1/4 at idle, and just above the 1/2 at 2200 rpm (highway speed). I'm running 5w30 amsoil synthetic.

Liked
    2815 times
    Images

This has been covered ad nauseum. It's TYPICAL, EXPECTED, and NORMAL functioning for a crank-driven oil pump.
    kerryman71 likes this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    2017 times
    Images

To add to Remmy's observation what you are seeing is a normal and perfectly perfect readout from the oil pressure.
    kerryman71 likes this.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    272,449 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

JHH
    Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

What if it goes lower than the 1/4 mark after warmed up and at idle . How low should you start to get concerned?

Liked
    216 times

If it normally reads at or above the 1/4 mark at warm idle & then suddenly reads lower you need to worry as to why. If it always reads that way then possibly this link will explain and provide a solution.
    2000-2003 Toyota 4.7L Tundra & Sequoia Oil Pressure Gauge Reads Low: Engine Builder
    "You can lead a smart-ass kid to knowledge, but you can be sure that he'll have to argue with the facts"