Toppers

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toppers

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Toppers

Hey all
    Wondering if I could get some clarification on bed dimensions and what toppers fit on my 03 Access Cab. Mainly, I am wondering if a 05 Double cab topper would fit on my 03 access cab? Or does it have to be a topper off an access cab to fit properly?

Thanks and look forward to your responses

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1845 times
    Images

Default Re: Toppers

beds are not the same. depends on the make/model of the topper. some can pass as fitting, others don't fit. some come close to "fitting" but look like crap due to uneven gap between front of topper and cab.

there are a few dozen threads around here if you are interested in reading more about the subject.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    42 times

Your best bet is going to be to get on craigslist and try and find a used one for cheap... I scored a really nice ARE for $400 out in Grand Junction but I think I got really lucky. The bed on the DC is different from the AC so probably not a good idea there... The toppers from the T100s will fit and seal properly but they don't look that good because the T100 had a fairly different cab style. Good luck with that and yeah do a search on the subject as it has been covered a lot on this forum.

Liked
    42 times

Here's a nice looking Leer in Austin, CO but he didn't list the price... I'd say that it is probably at least a $1500 to $2000 dollar topper new.

Truck topper

And here's another in Delta, looks like a really good deal at $300.

Toyota Tundra Truck Topper Shell

And another in grand Junction at $800 still not a bad deal. This looks like it is a "raised roof" version.

Tundra topper

And that is just the western slope! I'm sure Denver has more stuff and you can try the High Rockies but not usually as much stuff... The trick is to find one that matches your paint.

Also, fyi the bed dimensions on the AC Tundras stayed the same from '99 on thru '06 so any will fit.

Liked
    25 times

For what it's worth I have a SnugTop Xtra-vision on my '06 Tundra DC and I don't think you could find a better made top for the money. The top fits my truck nicely and looks great.
    Snugtop - Truck Cap & Tonneau Top Covers, Camper Shells Tops, Customized Truck Toppers, Pick Up Truck Canopy
    2006 DW Edition Double Cab
    SnugTop Shell
    Westin Step Rails
    K&N Air Filter
    Pioneer AVH-3400BH

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-02-2014, 11:36 AM