*** Glove Box Lock not working properly!!***

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MiniKlues

Thread: *** Glove Box Lock not working properly!!***

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Post *** Glove Box Lock not working properly!!***

Ok guys,

The lock on my glove box was completely broken today!! A part of a key got stuck towards the back, so I took the glove box lock apart and as I did, I unclipped the sides of the handle that connects to the black part of the box itself, and as I did, a spring with 2 "L" shaped arms flung out. I sat there for 2 hours trying to figure out how the spring goes back into it... Still can't figure out. It's a 2005 Toyota Tundra Sr5 double cab. If anyone has a exploded diagram with small step by step pictures or has the same kind of truck and is willing to take there glove box apart and take pictures, I would greatly appreciate it!!! BTW I got the lock fixed but can't put the handle back on the black part of the box.. Really pissed about this! Please Help!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2025 times
    Images

Default Re: *** Glove Box Lock not working properly!!***

You might find it in here: 2004 to 2006 Toyota OEM Repair Manuals

Just got in from the night shift and too tired to look for it. Keep in mind that someone put it together initially so you have a really good chance of putting it back together.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    272,449 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    270 times
    Images

2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: TrailFX Tube Steps, Uniden CB Radio with PA, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Plastidip Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Exhaust Leaks
    To Do: Diff Fluid, Kenwood DDX419, 5100s Front and Rear set to 1in, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

Yeah I couldn't really find any useful information there, so I am going to take some pictures of the spring and the lock and handle and put them up here and see if that works... Fingers crossed

Liked
    13 times

I locked my glovebox onetime and it was completely jammed for a week. I had to crow bar it open, drill the lock, use super glue to mold on a piece of a nail so it would close and open properly, use surfboard fiber glass to cover the drilled lock hole and sanded it all down and painted it to look normal. TO THIS DAY, i do not know where the hell that stupid spring goes that you're talking about, and i still have the spring. My glovebox works though, just doesn't lock.
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    2006 AC 4x4: tints, magnaflow dual exhaust, spidertrax 1.25" wheel adapters, por15, stock 16s plastidipped