New aftermarket headlights(and fog lights) installed, tested and run, pics

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New aftermarket headlights(and fog lights) installed, tested and run, pics

Veteran Member
    Liked
    110 times

Default New aftermarket headlights(and fog lights) installed, tested and run, pics

I finally got everything installed, everything but the HID kit I'm waiting to take delivery on but that is no problem as installing the kit from underneath will be super easy.

I got both Eagle Eye headlights and foglights in and I put the 80W 9006 bulbs for my fog lights in just to get them aimed and to see what the output was like. I was just a bit disappointed at first with the overall output only because I had just finished installing a new set of fog lights with an HID kit in my G8 GT and with HID projectors in the low beams of that car, the output from a 55W 4500K low beam projector, coupled with a 25W 4300K new fog light kit, well, halogen just cannot compare, here is that car as a comparison;

Both low beams and fog lights on the G8 GT;

When I first took the Tundra on the road, I was totally disappointed in the output from the low beams, I thought that the pattern was full of holes and shadows, I was ready to turn around, go home and take the housings out and send them back to 1aauto but when I got to the cemetary that I go to to do my aiming, I had found that my drivers side light was very low, and the passenger side was very high. Once I got the drivers side raised and lowered the passengers side, all was right in the world and both the cutoff and the beam pattern was MUCH improved over the very worn out, 110,000 mile/9 year set of OEM headlamps. Here are the promised night-shots;

Just headlights;

Headlights and fogs;

I'm going to expect that once I get the 35W 4500K HID kit in the fogs, I'll have incredible output. I also put the Lamin-X on the fog lights so that I won't have to worry much about pitting.

At $90 for the fog lights and $73 for the head lights, both shipped, if they don't last long for some reason, I'll bite it and get OEM but they do come with a 3 year warranty which is nice. I'll wager they'll work for just as long as the OEM did and once they scratch/pit up again, I'll buy another set, if I still have the truck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    809 times
    Images

Default Re: New aftermarket headlights(and fog lights) installed, tested and run, pics

that is some incredible light. those headlights put my HIDs to shame. looks great.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 209,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Veteran Member
    Liked
    110 times

Default Re: New aftermarket headlights(and fog lights) installed, tested and run, pics

If you have HID's in the housings, the light is being thrown all over the place and is why it is not as bright on the road.

I have a 100/130W in my drivers side housing and a 90/100W in the passengers.

Liked
    809 times
    Images

i agree but they are bright enough for what i need. maybe sometime down the road ill try projectors.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 209,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Veteran Member
    Liked
    110 times

I may take my old headlight housings and get a 3M refinishing kit, sand the lenses out to make them look mint again and maybe try my hand at putting some projectors in them myself, maybe.

Liked
    1801 times
    Images

just make sure you buy refill polish for that 3m kit so you don't have to buy a completely new kit. you will be using it 4-6 times a year as they will haze up like a mofo. it's one of those, do it the first time, then it needs to be done over and over again.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Veteran Member
    Liked
    110 times

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    just make sure you buy refill polish for that 3m kit so you don't have to buy a completely new kit. you will be using it 4-6 times a year as they will haze up like a mofo. it's one of those, do it the first time, then it needs to be done over and over again.

I'm glad you mentioned that SuckersWalk, for that reason I'm NOT going to bother with it. I'd rather wait and just buy new housings when the time comes.

Liked
    809 times
    Images

yea i polish my headlights as well but they are getting to the point where the inside is yellowed more because of how long the DRLs were used before i unhooked them. ill be looking to replace them sometime down the road.
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    4 times

same here i've had to buff mine after i bought Meguiars lens restoring. ever since then......i've had to buff out the lens every 4 to 6 months as well.
    2003 White Tundra Sr5 v8
    -stock for now.

Liked
    49 times

Quote Originally Posted by c350 Sr5 View Post
    same here i've had to buff mine after i bought Meguiars lens restoring. ever since then......i've had to buff out the lens every 4 to 6 months as well.
    Sand with ~>1500 grit sand paper, then hit with quite a few thin coats of Clear Jet laquer. It's UV resistant and used on signs.

Liked
    2511 times
    Images

Headlights suck. Real men don't use them.
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Liked
    37 times

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    Headlights suck. Real men don't use them.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    110 times

I just put in the 35W 4500K HID kit in the fog lights and tested them out and my gosh, between the new housings and the HID kit, the fog lights are now incredible.

I'm now considering getting a Morimoto HID projector kit and doing the install myself.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    110 times

I have a new set of 90/100W clear H4's on the way for the headlights as well as a 4300K set of Morimoto HID bulbs. I'm not a fan of the 4500K, they are still too bluish for my liking. I think the 4300K will be just right as I have a set of them in my G8 GT.

I'll post up new pictures of the output as soon as I get it all installed.

Liked
    1801 times
    Images

you gonna beef up the headlight harness to run those hotter bulbs?
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.