New wheels and rubbers, maybe - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New wheels and rubbers, maybe

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default Re: New wheels and rubbers, maybe

On my 2000 tundra sr5 trd I have 265/75/16 with no lift. I have rubbed once when backing up quickly at full lock on a slope. I guess the lugs stick out further on Duratrac tires than others.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    79 times

Yeah stock height. It only slightly rubs on the frame if I'm at full lock .clears my uca and everything else with room to spare. . I plan to lift someday.. but spend a lot time away from home.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Liked
    721 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwerefishing View Post
    Yeah stock height. It only slightly rubs on the frame if I'm at full lock .clears my uca and everything else with room to spare. . I plan to lift someday.. but spend a lot time away from home.

oh ok do you know what the backspacing and offset on the rims on your truck? i want to 285s on my truck and im trying to see how much rubbing ill deal with.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    79 times

I'm not sure on the bs. My buddy had an 05, ac stepside. These where his stock rims. My truck is 01. He was convinced they would fit as I figured they would rub like a son of Obama. I plan to get after market rims after my lift is installed.. but got these for free so . My originals were scratched up bad. If you plan to run 285 you should go ahead N lift it a Lil . Imo these tundras look 100% better leveled out, and you won't have to worry about rubbing . I'll try to look up the specks on these rims for ya

Liked
    721 times
    Images

I'm not sure on the bs. My buddy had an 05, ac stepside. These where his stock rims. My truck is 01. He was convinced they would fit as I figured they would rub like a son of Obama. I plan to get after market rims after my lift is installed.. but got these for free so . My originals were scratched up bad. If you plan to run 285 you should go ahead N lift it a Lil . Imo these tundras look 100% better leveled out, and you won't have to worry about rubbing . I'll try to look up the specks on these rims for ya

yea i no what your saying about the leveled look. mine is leveled out with just the 5100s on the 3rd notch in the front.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    79 times

Then u should have no issue with running 285s

Liked
    721 times
    Images

Then u should have no issue with running 285s

im hoping so. i really only worried about the UCA. i can deal with any other place that might rub. thanks for the info.
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    2412 times
    Images

When I put 285's on stock tundra wheels, I was about 1/4" from hitting my spindle, if I had stock upper arms I'm pretty sure it would hit. You should just stick to 265's, the difference in size isn't worth the headache in my opinion.
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12