Biggest tires possible on stock 4x4 tundra??

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SuckersWalk
  • 3 Post By Remmy700P
  • 1 Post By Rrumbler

Thread: Biggest tires possible on stock 4x4 tundra??

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Biggest tires possible on stock 4x4 tundra??

Hey guys,

I tried searching but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if anybody knew what the biggest size tires are that you can put on a stock 4x4 tundra. I was possibly thinking of doing a 3" lift but right now i am just gonna ride stock height. Anybody know of the max size? planning on getting BFG All Terrains. Any info is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2945 times
    Images

Default Re: Biggest tires possible on stock 4x4 tundra??

Yes. 32". That's the equivalent of a 265/75R16 or 265/70r17.
    Last edited by Remmy700P; 09-01-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    1799 times
    Images

you must have not searched correctly because this has been covered at least one hundred times. follow the link in my signature below for a "how to" search article written by one of the moderators here. good luck.
    Salty_Dog and tundra3400 like this.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Remmy, thanks for the info!

Liked
    2945 times
    Images

And, do not do a "3 inch lift". 2.5" of lift is the max that the stock front geometry can handle. If you want more than that, you will be looking at a couple grand for a 5-6" drop-shackle lift.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    2481 times
    Images

I concur with Suckerswalk, no research was done. Can somebody please delete this thread?
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Veteran Member
    Liked
    245 times

I have 275/70rx17 Yokohama AT's ( spec says 32.7") on my totally stock 2002 AC, on MB Motors 17x8 wheels with stock backspacing, and they have a rub at total lock in either direction on flat ground; add in some terrain variations, as in mild off roading, and it gets worse on compression of the suspension. I tried spacers to get rid of the backside (inside) rub, and got frontside rub on the fenders; took the spacers off. The tires are worn into the bars now, ready for replacement, and even now, with over 45K miles, they still rub; not as bad as when new, but rub they do.
    sgtbuck989 likes this.
    Rrumbler - Tired, re-tired, and just generally wore out. Wrenching and banging on stuff for over sixty years.