Question Need new shocks for my Stepside.....

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Need new shocks for my Stepside.....

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Question Need new shocks for my Stepside.....

Hey guys,

My truck is at 112K miles and i'm just now needing to replace the front shocks, but I'm going to replace the back ones too......my question is, well, more of a statement...I don't know what kind to get for it....

I'd love to lift it, but that is not an option right now, so I just need to replace the shocks....I was looking at Rough Country, but they don't make Front shocks for my 2003 Stepside Tundra, here is an older picture of her.....

Gonna switch back to the original factory 17"s once I get around to getting tires for them.....look forward to hearing some good opinions!

Thanks!
    Ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    2825 times
    Images

Default Re: Need new shocks for my Stepside.....

If you want levelling lift, get the Bilstein 5100 series ride-height adjustable front struts and matching rear shocks. You can set the ride height on the fronts anywhere from stock up to about 2.5" of lift.

I -- and many others here -- are running these shocks. Pics in may Garage.

Fronts are $97/ea and the matching rears are $75/ea.

Contact TSer AJUSA to order.
    Last edited by Remmy700P; 09-21-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    tundra3400 likes this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    40 times
    Images

We can prolly lock this thread up ;-)

You say you can't afford a lift? well do as Remmy says and get bilstein 5100s all the way around and you can lift your truck with just struts. So for less than 400 bucks you can get new shocks AND lift your truck. Sweet deal huh? Id set the billys at their top notch (2.5)inches and just throw a 1inch block in the rear for like 40 bucks and be done with it. You will love the new stance of your truck sir. Budget boost all the way. And it rides quite well.
    Texas Tundra15 likes this.
    2003 Access cab step side / bilsteins all the way around / OME 886 springs / camburg UCA and uniballs / removed sway bar / toytec AAL in the rear with 2 inch blocks and hellwig 1250 helpers / toytec 3 degree shims / streetacos carrier bearing drop 2 1/4inch / Pro Comp alloys 16x8 and firestone destination all terrains 285/75/r16 / Alpine type R 12' sub and deck

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hey yotabangin...

Nice to see another Stepside around......where would I look to get a 1" blocks?

I guess talk to TSer like Remmy suggested?

Ed

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Bueller? Bueller?

Liked
    1740 times
    Images

use the link Remmy gave you in post #2 above. not only do they have shocks, they can get you ANYTHING you need for your tundra, including blocks for the rear.
    Last edited by SuckersWalk; 10-05-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    270 times
    Images

They are actually slightly cheaper at Wheelers Offroad, another supporting vendor (and actually, owner) of these forums. AJUSA does not carry lift blocks or leafs as far as I can tell, Wheelers does though. Both are great companies to work with and either can answer any questions you might have. Wheelers especially is known for their customer service.
    Remmy700P likes this.
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: TrailFX Tube Steps, Uniden CB Radio with PA, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Plastidip Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Exhaust Leaks
    To Do: Diff Fluid, Kenwood DDX419, 5100s Front and Rear set to 1in, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Liked
    719 times

Bilstein 5100's for sure! I installed a set on a customers truck recently and he called me one night to say they are the best shocks he's ever had. He took it off road and hammered on it good, said he never bottomed and drove 45 mph through a rough section that he previously had to baby it through. Better than new according to him. I'll be getting a set myself soon. AJUSA.com is the place to go!
    2003 Tundra SR5 TRD AC, Bilstein 5100's top notch, diff drop, ES steering rack bushings, Wheelers single leaf AAL's, Pacesetter longtube headers, stock cats, Magnaflow 12586's (No CEL's!).

http://thebrakedoctor.com
    http://uptrailerandhitch.com

Liked
    40 times
    Images

My bad man, didn't see your question. The blocks you can get just about anywhere and are easy to install. The bilsteins set on 2.5 and a 1.5 inch block and you be lookin sexayyy. Toytec has a 1.5 block and also shims but you prolly don't need them
    2003 Access cab step side / bilsteins all the way around / OME 886 springs / camburg UCA and uniballs / removed sway bar / toytec AAL in the rear with 2 inch blocks and hellwig 1250 helpers / toytec 3 degree shims / streetacos carrier bearing drop 2 1/4inch / Pro Comp alloys 16x8 and firestone destination all terrains 285/75/r16 / Alpine type R 12' sub and deck

Liked
    65 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
    They are actually slightly cheaper at Wheelers Offroad, another supporting vendor (and actually, owner) of these forums. AJUSA does not carry lift blocks or leafs as far as I can tell, Wheelers does though. Both are great companies to work with and either can answer any questions you might have. Wheelers especially is known for their customer service.
    He would be better of ordering off ajusa since they have free shipping and no sales tax for sales out of Cali... I just got mine today for 209 from ajusa...
    '03 Tundra SR5 A/C 2WD
    -Magnaflow Muffler over the Jardine Piping
    -Willwood Slotted Rotors
    -K&N Cold Air Intake FIPK
    -JBA Headers
    -BFGoodrich A/T LT285/70/R17
    -Enkei 360 Wheels
    -Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Height 2"

Liked
    1740 times
    Images

^ zactly

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

So getting the 5100's for my "Yota"....do I need the extra 1" block for the rear, or should I be ok without it?

Liked
    1740 times
    Images

pull the trigger already, jeez.

you'll be okay without the blocks. if you want to raise the rear, get the blocks.

Search for your answer.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    pull the trigger already, jeez.

you'll be okay without the blocks. if you want to raise the rear, get the blocks.

Haha, I did this morning...had to wait to get the ok from the wife

Liked
    1740 times
    Images

four months to get an okay? you need a younger wife.
    Remmy700P and Bradthetech like this.

Search for your answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast