Throwing around ideas... input needed - Page 7

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Throwing around ideas... input needed

Liked
    138 times

Default Re: Throwing around ideas... input needed

Yah man good luck post pictures when ur done. The painting wasnt hard tho. I did it on my apartment balcony with a rattle can of Rust-oleum automobile primer and flat black rust-oleum ultra cover flat black paint. Took me one night and went offroading in the snow the next day and all the paint held. Also bought some sand paper designed for metal. Cant wait to see yours
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

Well went pick up supplies for tomorrow. How many coats of plasti dip should I need per mirror?

Anything else you guys think I'll need? (screwdriver not in the picture but I have it in the tool box)
    Should I clear coat it after or just leave em?
    Last edited by OBT; 12-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    First gen member #31 White, 02 Tundra, 3.4l V6, 6000k hi/lo 35watt HIDs, 30" single row led light bar, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, 2 1/2inch skyjacker level kit, add a leaf, 5% tint on brow, 35% fronts, 20 over 20% backs, LED swap, 2 24" blue led strips behind back seat, pioneer 2300DVD touchscreen, strobe lights, black low pro toolbox, black westin nerf bars
    Contact me for Louisiana Tundra Stickers!

Still waiting on a duramax

Liked
    270 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OBT View Post
    Well went pick up supplies for tomorrow. How many coats of plasti dip should I need per mirror?

Anything else you guys think I'll need? (screwdriver not in the picture but I have it in the tool box)
    Should I clear coat it after or just leave em?
    I usually do about 4. 1 coat that spatters the surface, 1 that covers most, 1 that completely covers it, and 1 more for durability. If you put to little on, it becomes a pain to take off later.

There is a special clear coat made by plastidip if you want a gloss finish. Regular plastidip has a flat finish
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: TrailFX Tube Steps, Uniden CB Radio with PA, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Plastidip Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Exhaust Leaks
    To Do: Diff Fluid, Kenwood DDX419, 5100s Front and Rear set to 1in, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Liked
    407 times
    Images

please tell me that beer was on sale and thats why you bought it. id rather be seen drinking mikes hard lemonade

michelob ultra? the only people ive ever seen drink that had boobs and involuntarily bled once a month. you have some explaining to do

but good luck on the plasti dip!
    Last edited by ZapcoTundra; 12-06-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    270 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZapcoTundra View Post
    please tell me that beer was on sale and thats why you bought it. id rather be seen drinking mikes hard lemonade

michelob ultra? the only people ive ever seen drink that had boobs and involuntarily bled once a month. you have some explaining to do

but good luck on the plasti dip!
    Actually the first thing I thought to haha. The only person I've ever seen buy it was my mom and it sat in my house for 2 years until I threw it away...
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: TrailFX Tube Steps, Uniden CB Radio with PA, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Plastidip Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Exhaust Leaks
    To Do: Diff Fluid, Kenwood DDX419, 5100s Front and Rear set to 1in, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

I was to lazy to go get the yeti move the ice and take pictures so I grabbed these two cases that were sitting right next to the can of plasti dip for the picture. I had to buy it because I have a blonde friend "that has boobs and involuntarily bleeds once a month" coming to the camp with me this weekend and that's the kind she and her friends like and its her birthday Saturday. I have the fridge and yeti stocked with platinums and budweisers but I can't say that I haven't drank a couple of these before. They aren't the worst out there so I'd drink em over natties.
    Last edited by OBT; 12-06-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    First gen member #31 White, 02 Tundra, 3.4l V6, 6000k hi/lo 35watt HIDs, 30" single row led light bar, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, 2 1/2inch skyjacker level kit, add a leaf, 5% tint on brow, 35% fronts, 20 over 20% backs, LED swap, 2 24" blue led strips behind back seat, pioneer 2300DVD touchscreen, strobe lights, black low pro toolbox, black westin nerf bars

Liked
    270 times
    Images

Busch Lattes. 100%
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

Well while I'm at it I think I'm going to to the yota logo on the front too.

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

Got everything finished and snapped back on. I also did the yota logo while I was at it to see if I liked it. Not sure if I like it or not. I ended up putting 6 coats for good measure. The only problem is the two whites do not match but there is enough space between them that you can't really tell and you can't tell from the pictures or from an amount of distance. What do ya'll think?

I have other pictures of me taking the caps off and of the different coats being sprayed that I will post later.
    Texas Tundra15 likes this.

Liked
    407 times
    Images

Looks good bud.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

OBT
    Liked
    88 times
    Images

Appreciate it.

Liked
    63 times
    Images

I like the mirrors!
    Yall are so picky about what you drink, somebody may think yall have boobs and involuntarily bleed once a month. Haha
    JonesR00 likes this.
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    192 times
    Images

I think it looks good too. I painted my body side molding and door handles and can tell that it isn't perfect, but from more than 2 feet away it blends real well. I think I might do my mirror caps white at some point, even though I recently painted them black, ha!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 TRD access cab- Camburg uniball UCAs, OME 886 coils, 5100s
    Dynapro ATM 285/75r16 on American Racing Chamber teflon wheels
    electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, muffler swap, dvd player, remote start

slow build thread - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

Liked
    270 times
    Images

looks good!
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Liked
    637 times

Nice job! I really like the white badge in the grill. Looks sharp. Now, if there is any left, do your door badges and the grill surround... And your bumpers... And...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    I don't entirely know what OCD is, but I know it's very fashionable to accuse people of having it if they try and do something properly. -James May

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast