Throwing around ideas... input needed

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Throwing around ideas... input needed

OBT
    Liked
    89 times
    Images

Default Throwing around ideas... input needed

Thinking about doing a few more things to the truck. I want to put white led strips under the dash on both sides and tap into the interior lights so that they come on when you open the doors. Maybe some camo seat covers, any exact fit ones for these trucks? Haven't seen any. I'm also thinking about putting some led drls in the bottom opening in the front bumper. Like these: 2X Universal White 8 LED Daytime Running Light Fog DRL | eBay or http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-TRIM-UNIVERSAL-AUDI-STYLE-28-LED-DAYTIME-RUNNING-LIGHTS-BUMPER-FOG-LAMPS-/350629839481?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid% 3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11% 26meid%3D3050657801945538619%26pid%3D100011%26prg% 3D1005%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D350625474368%2 What are yall thoughts? Any other ideas?
    Last edited by OBT; 12-07-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    shatto likes this.
    First gen member #31 White, 02 Tundra, 3.4l V6, 6000k hi/lo 35watt HIDs, 30" single row led light bar, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, 2 1/2inch skyjacker level kit, add a leaf, 5% tint on brow, 35% fronts, 20 over 20% backs, LED swap, 2 24" blue led strips behind back seat, pioneer 2300DVD touchscreen, strobe lights, black low pro toolbox, black westin nerf bars
    Contact me for Louisiana Tundra Stickers!

Still waiting on a duramax

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1799 times
    Images

Default re: Throwing around ideas... input needed

whatever butters your biscuit bro
    Remmy700P and oofy15354 like this.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    413 times
    Images

ive bought a few items off egay for my truck, but i would never buy lights...

i have pondered doing DRL's behind the lower grille or something to that effect, but thats just like going to autozone and buying the chrome accent pieces and sticking em on the fender. but hey whatever is clever, it might look good and i could be wrong!
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

OBT
    Liked
    89 times
    Images

Idk I'm just bored and saw a couple 2nd gens with em but we can't put them under our headlights like they can. Any good suggestions of quick, nice mods?
    First gen member #31 White, 02 Tundra, 3.4l V6, 6000k hi/lo 35watt HIDs, 30" single row led light bar, 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, 2 1/2inch skyjacker level kit, add a leaf, 5% tint on brow, 35% fronts, 20 over 20% backs, LED swap, 2 24" blue led strips behind back seat, pioneer 2300DVD touchscreen, strobe lights, black low pro toolbox, black westin nerf bars

Liked
    63 times
    Images

A current picture of your truck would be helpful, so we know what you're working with. If it looks like the pics in your gallery, clear corners would be nice. As far as the lights go, I would do stock fog lights if you can find them. Maybe Plasti Dip something? I recently dipped my grill and it gave me a nice little change up to keep me happy for a short while. How about some extra reverse lights to make it a little brighter when you backup?
    Wet Okole makes exact fit, camo, neoprene seat covers for our trucks. I think...
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Veteran Member
    Liked
    48 times

I have an 2003 and there is room under my headlights for tham.......and I did think about them as they look good on CARS.........but....will save my $$$$$
    I just did not think it would look "right"..........as always my .02
    STATE OF CONFUSION

Liked
    773 times
    Images

i would go with getting the OEM fog housings and if you want them to be daytime running lights, just put some LEDs in them like i did. and if your truck is an 00-02 then you can do the Fog circuit modification and they will come on every time the truck starts as DRLs. also put LEDs in the cargo light, very bright and dont get as hot as the OEM bulbs.
    Last edited by tundra3400; 10-28-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 209,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    276 times
    Images

LEDs in the cargo light is a great idea, I bet you have melted housing and don't even know it. LEDs would solve that issue.

You could try doing some angel eyes if you're looking to add some lighting. They make flexible side mounted LED strips which you could run around your headlights. The LEDs in the footwells are a cool idea, I have blue ones there that are activated by a push button switch between the cupholders. I also made lighted cupholders, which is why that switch was there. The theory being that I could hit the button with the bottom of a cup so I could see where the holder was in the dark.

Another mod I might do is put some white LED strips under the truck by the doors that are activated with the interior lights so I can see where I'm stepping when I get out
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: 5100s on 4th Notch, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Color Matched Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Patched Bed Floor
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

OBT
    Liked
    89 times
    Images

I already did cargo leds, I have all bulbs swapped for leds. I was thinking about the step lights but didn't know how well they would last with my tires and all the gravel roads this truck travels. I'd love some oem fogs with hids but the housings are so expensive but I still might do em anyway because I'd like some more lights even with my hids in my headlights.
    Coachron: I like the reverse light idea. And going check on the seat covers right now. I have a small tear on the drivers side and need to fix it some how.
    Papaps: I mean I could cut into the truck and mount them but the 2nd gens have a removable panel there that they buy ones with a premade slot
    Oofy how'd you do the cup holder leds?
    Sorry, these are recent pics.

Liked
    276 times
    Images

For the cupholders, I used one of these bulbs drilled into the side of each cup holder. I used the flat red ones towards the bottom so they sit flush with the side. Then I got a SPST push on/push off switch and drilled that in the middle of the cup holders. Then it's wired to get power from the fuse box (on a 2.5A fuse I believe which is still far overkill) and grounded to a self tapping screw I put in the transmission tunnel.

If you pull straight up on the black portion of the cup holder (the part that actually holds the cups) it will pop right out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0421011525.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	91211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0421011526.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	91212
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: 5100s on 4th Notch, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Color Matched Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Patched Bed Floor

Liked
    413 times
    Images

Default Re: Throwing around ideas... input needed

i have aux backup lights, they are awesome. a 100w on each side kicking out a butthair so i can see at night with my tinted windows (theres pix of them in my album). i have wet okole seat covers, by far the best thing i have ever done to the truck imo. i beat the crap out of them and they ask for more, just took them off and completely washed them the other day after 4 years and they look new and so do the seats!
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    694 times

Zapco, how did you wire your back up lights? I'd like to do this mod aswell.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    I don't entirely know what OCD is, but I know it's very fashionable to accuse people of having it if they try and do something properly. -James May

Supporter
    Liked
    97 times
    Images

Before I went to a complete LED cargo light, my housing was melting. The plastic dripped onto the bulbs, and the bulbs would die often. To fix it, I bought that aluminum tape, that is still quite reflective, and just taped an upside down "U" to keep the bulbs from being able to melt the plastic. Even if it did still melt it, it wouldnt have been able to drip onto the bulb.

Quote Originally Posted by oofy15354 View Post
    LEDs in the cargo light is a great idea, I bet you have melted housing and don't even know it. LEDs would solve that issue.

OBT
    Liked
    89 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZapcoTundra View Post
    i have aux backup lights, they are awesome. a 100w on each side kicking out a butthair so i can see at night with my tinted windows (theres pix of them in my album). i have wet okole seat covers, by far the best thing i have ever done to the truck imo. i beat the crap out of them and they ask for more, just took them off and completely washed them the other day after 4 years and they look new and so do the seats!
    I must not be looking in the right spot because I looked at all three albums and didn't see em?

Liked
    276 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmypop View Post
    Zapco, how did you wire your back up lights? I'd like to do this mod aswell.
    Use a basic 4 pin relay rated for that the lights require for amps and wire it either to a switch or tap into a reverse wire behind one of the tail lights (this is what I did). Search for a 4 pin relay wiring diagram on google to see the basic idea. The package you get the relay in will give you an exact diagram of what pin does what
    tundra3400 likes this.
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast