Upgrade Long tube headers for 1 first gen

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Long tube headers for 1 first gen

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default Long tube headers for 1 first gen

Can you get street legal long tube headers for the 2000 tundra 4.7?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    413 times
    Images

Default Re: Long tube headers for 1 first gen

yes you can. ive got a pair of rare trd long tubes that im waiting to put on mine.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    2978 times
    Images

To be fair, the TRD tubes are really considered a mid-length tube that can still use the OEM cats in their present positions (after some welding). The long tubes, like Doug Thorley's etc require either the removal or the custom placement of the cats.
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    26 times

i'll let you know if i pass my emissions test one i get mine on lol! if i can ever get to them
    escondidotundra likes this.

The Friendly Dragon by the Sea Puffnstuff's Avatar
    Liked
    180 times
    Images

Didn't stans also offer a mid length setup?
    RIP 2006 Tundra DC with: Eclipse AVN5500 Navigation System, Kicker IX500.4 driving infinity kappa 60.9cs door speakers, Kenwood KAC-X20 driving an infinity kappa 100.9w sub in sound ordnance bass bunker, UWS Black Deep Toolbox, Nasta SS Nerf Bars, Rugged Liner Bed Liner, AVS chrome bug shield, EGR in channel vent visors, Ballistic Enigma 20x9 wheels & Nitto nt420 285/50R20 tires, Hellwig 7697 & 7700 sway bars, Stinger SPP2150 Battery, Big 3 wire upgrade with 1/0 Raptor, Rancho RS5000 struts/shocks, Dynomax VT 17956 muffler, EBC Slotted Sport Rotors & Yellowstuff Kevlar pads, Russell SS brake lines, Cheetah GPS Mirror

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
    To be fair, the TRD tubes are really considered a mid-length tube that can still use the OEM cats in their present positions (after some welding). The long tubes, like Doug Thorley's etc require either the removal or the custom placement of the cats.
    I have no problem with repositioning my cats for real long tubes, will it still pass smog if you move them tho?

Liked
    198 times
    Images

o2 sensors?

01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 AC
    Camburg UCAs, OME coils, Bilstein shocks, Nitto Grappler M/T on AR teflon wheels
    ARB air locker, 4.10 gears, electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, dvd player, remote start

build thread - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

Liked
    413 times
    Images

you can get o2 sensor extensions. but when i get mine on, im gonna try and get them as close to factory as possible, im gonna get all new sensors/cats and SS tubing.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Puffnstuff View Post
    Didn't stans also offer a mid length setup?
    Stan's are true long tubes and will require moving the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Coletundra View Post
    I have no problem with repositioning my cats for real long tubes, will it still pass smog if you move them tho?
    Everyone who has run long tubes and relocated the cats have had problems with the CEL which I would guess would make it difficult to pass an emissions test.
    http://septemberskyband.blogspot.com/
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Damn. Why would the cel go off if the o2 sensors are still there? And couldnt you just clear the code so when you went to smog it it would be off?

Liked
    26 times

the cel fires because the temperature varies from when it's in it's original location. something to do with the voltages being inconsistent. you may want to read this post to give you a better understanding. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...-system-works/ by escondidotundra. it's a very good article and definitely worth the read.

i have a set of long tubes i have to install soon if i can help it. i plan on using my factory cats along with the o2s. escondidotundra made me up a bung to try and "fool" the ecu. hopefully it will work.
    i will post my progress once she's in motion.

Liked
    2274 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by toyeyoda View Post
    the cel fires because the temperature varies from when it's in it's original location. something to do with the voltages being inconsistent. you may want to read this post to give you a better understanding. http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...-system-works/ by escondidotundra. it's a very good article and definitely worth the read.

i have a set of long tubes i have to install soon if i can help it. i plan on using my factory cats along with the o2s. escondidotundra made me up a bung to try and "fool" the ecu. hopefully it will work.
    i will post my progress once she's in motion.
    Definitely keep us posted on how that O2 bung works out.
    http://septemberskyband.blogspot.com/
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Yea. Thanks for all the help, do you know if your going to have to retune your computer to work with the headers and if putting these on will affect the compression?

Liked
    17 times

Doug Thorley headers are now CARB stamped, FYI.

Liked
    750 times

Quote Originally Posted by Lalo View Post
    Doug Thorley headers are now CARB stamped, FYI.
    Bummer that they're shorties though. In all my searching the only long tubes I've found is Pacesetters.
    2003 Tundra SR5 TRD AC, Bilstein 5100's top notch, diff drop, ES steering rack bushings, Wheelers single leaf AAL's, Pacesetter longtube headers, stock cats, Magnaflow 12586's (No CEL's!).

http://thebrakedoctor.com
    http://uptrailerandhitch.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.