Electric cooling fan kit! - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Electric cooling fan kit!

Liked
    61 times
    Images

Default Re: Electric cooling fan kit!

I can't help but notice that your user name is tundra3400, If your interrested I will need to to find out if the plate will mount the same between the V6 to V8 radiators because the part#'s are different from V6 to V8 but all yrs are the same from 2000-2006.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    21 times

subin, I might be interested in this.

Liked
    61 times
    Images

I am just wondering if you have to drain cooling system to take shroud off the Gen1 like you do on the Gen2 and if I had the shroud I could make the plates and find a member that wants to do this so I could have the cooling fan assembly paid for and then use his truck to do the fitment.

Liked
    720 times

Quote Originally Posted by texasranger96 View Post
    I am just wondering if you have to drain cooling system to take shroud off the Gen1 like you do on the Gen2 and if I had the shroud I could make the plates and find a member that wants to do this so I could have the cooling fan assembly paid for and then use his truck to do the fitment.
    I had to pull the upper radiator hose to pull my shroud out.
    2003 Tundra SR5 TRD AC, Bilstein 5100's top notch, diff drop, ES steering rack bushings, Wheelers single leaf AAL's, Pacesetter longtube headers, stock cats, Magnaflow 12586's (No CEL's!).

http://thebrakedoctor.com
    http://uptrailerandhitch.com

Liked
    2141 times
    Images

You need to drain out a little from the cooling system to remove the shroud. I drained out about a half a coffee can's worth of fluid when I removed my shroud today. One thing that I forgot to do was to place washers back on the studs for the water pump pulley and WOW I knew it RIGHT AWAY. Running without the stock clutch fan and while moving the truck runs the same temperature as before - 192 degrees. Stopped, in a drivethrough, the truck got up to 202 degrees. Outside temperature was 45 degrees.
    UPbuilder likes this.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    61 times
    Images

I will sell the kit with controller and everything for the first one as a courtesy for $350.00 and I will not be making much as I will be buying a shroud and then research time and then the time to do the drawings. but it will be a complete bolt on all connections made and the plate will be powder coated.
    Paypal only!
    seanpistol likes this.

Liked
    720 times

Quote Originally Posted by Highwaylizard View Post
    You need to drain out a little from the cooling system to remove the shroud. I drained out about a half a coffee can's worth of fluid when I removed my shroud today. One thing that I forgot to do was to place washers back on the studs for the water pump pulley and WOW I knew it RIGHT AWAY. Running without the stock clutch fan and while moving the truck runs the same temperature as before - 192 degrees. Stopped, in a drivethrough, the truck got up to 202 degrees. Outside temperature was 45 degrees.
    Awesome, I was wondering if you'd try this. So far it's been a worthwhile mod and I'm looking forward to an electric fan for next summer. Btw, LOL at the water pump pulley
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    2003 Tundra SR5 TRD AC, Bilstein 5100's top notch, diff drop, ES steering rack bushings, Wheelers single leaf AAL's, Pacesetter longtube headers, stock cats, Magnaflow 12586's (No CEL's!).

http://thebrakedoctor.com
    http://uptrailerandhitch.com

Liked
    2141 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by UPbuilder View Post
    Awesome, I was wondering if you'd try this. So far it's been a worthwhile mod and I'm looking forward to an electric fan for next summer. Btw, LOL at the water pump pulley
    The noise it made scared the hell out of me. Glad I caught it right away otherwise it could have been serious. Truck seems to run with a little more power and definitely revs faster. Could be all psychological but the mileage is better already.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    61 times
    Images

I did the Flexalit install. perfect and it was a freebie from Fleaxalite ( sema ) show..

GB
    Highwaylizard likes this.

Liked
    61 times
    Images

I just don't feel like there kit is designed for the truck as it doesn't cover the radiator, but I guess you can't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Liked
    719 times
    Images

I can't help but notice that your user name is tundra3400, If your interrested I will need to to find out if the plate will mount the same between the V6 to V8 radiators because the part#'s are different from V6 to V8 but all yrs are the same from 2000-2006.
    good eye texasranger, and what kind of dimensions/info will you need in order to replicate the plate?
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    61 times
    Images

I just need a shroud as that is how we did the drawings of the Gen2 kit.

Liked
    2141 times
    Images

I just don't feel like there kit is designed for the truck as it doesn't cover the radiator, but I guess you can't look a gift horse in the mouth!
    I would be inclined to agree with you but I have a reservation about this. It is my opinion that there are two factors at play here. First, the radiator is over-sized for the truck which is a good thing when people actually use it to tow with. Second, cooling is a function of air passing through the radiator so unless the shroud has space to allow the air to pass through all of the radiator it is not necessary to cover the entire surface area of the radiator.

Just my two coppers for what they are (or are not) worth
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog

Liked
    719 times
    Images

I just need a shroud as that is how we did the drawings of the Gen2 kit.
    idk if i could take mine off and send it to you so that you could dimension it. i was looking at the cost of a new shroud and its $83 for one shroud and $13 for a second shroud. im not sure if they both are needed but im guessing that the $83 one is the one you would need.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

When you get this mod up and running send me a message. I plan on buying one before spring.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast