2000 Access cab - will 2003 access cab cap fit?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 4doubleyaD

Thread: 2000 Access cab - will 2003 access cab cap fit?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2000 Access cab - will 2003 access cab cap fit?

Hello, I have a 2000 access cab SR5, and need a fiberglass cap for the bed. I cannot afford a brand new cap, so I have been searching the second hand market. I have found a few caps listed as fitting 2003-2006, question I have is, will a cap from an `03 fit on a `00? I called a distributer for ARE and Leer, and when I asked this question, I was told that he didnt see any reason they would not be interchangable. I would think the dimmensions would be the same, wondering if the profile of the cab to cap gap would be different. Anyone out there been down this road? I could not find any info on the subject anywhere, and have found lots of good info on this forum on other topics, any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    745 times
    Images

Default Re: 2000 Access cab - will 2003 access cab cap fit?

i dont see why it wouldnt but for good measure, measure the dimensions of the bed and then get the dimensions of the cap.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    42 times

Yes, I know for a fact that it will fit as long as it is an AC specific cap. I have an '01 AC and bought a used ARE from a guy who had it on his '06. It fits perfect. The only difference between a '99-'02 and an '03-'06 AC Tundra, body wise, is the front bumper and grill. The bed box is exactly the same.
    oofy15354 likes this.

Liked
    41 times
    Images

dont forget that the stepside bed is different, it is also an access cab truck configuration.
    '00 tundra
    '06 sequoia
    '98 forester

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

I bought a Leer cap from a 2000 AC for my 2002 AC and they are exactly the same. Hope that helps. If you weren't so far away I'd sell you mine.

Liked
    196 times
    Images

it'll fit. a cap for a double cab will be off by a few inches.
    01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 AC- Camburg uniball UCAs, OME 886 coils, 5100s
    Nitto Grappler MT 285/75r16 on AR Chamber teflon wheels
    electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, muffler swap, dvd player, remote start

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra