What did you do to your 1st gen today? - Page 17

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 17 of 290 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree5530Likes

Thread: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

Liked
    9 times
    Images

Default Re: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

Swapped out interior bulbs with LEDS & changed the dash gauge lighting to white instead of ugly green and painted the gauge needles red instead of orangish/pinkish color . Looks 10x better!
    ZapcoTundra likes this.
    2006 v6 4.0L Access Cab

100k club

Mods : Tinted windows&visor, Debadged sides, ELM 327 OBDII, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Changed dash gauge colors, Interior LEDs, Upgraded sounds, Plasti dipped rear bumper black, PA system
    Future Mods : 5100's, Paint chrome mirror caps & side moldings white , Whiter/Brighter headlights, Magnaflow, clear corners, .... .... ...

A BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL THOSE WHO RESPOND AND HELP ME WITH MY QUESTIONS

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    78 times

Quote Originally Posted by TUNDRA_MAD View Post
    Swapped out interior bulbs with LEDS & changed the dash gauge lighting to white instead of ugly green and painted the gauge needles red instead of orangish/pinkish color . Looks 10x better!
    Pics?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

The Friendly Dragon by the Sea Puffnstuff's Avatar
    Liked
    155 times
    Images

I pulled my rusting bed tie downs out of the back of the bed, sanded them down and am in the process of repainting them. Only the rear ones are doing this the fronts, which are painted black are ok.
    2006 Tundra DC with: Eclipse AVN5500 Navigation System, Kicker IX500.4 driving infinity kappa 60.9cs door speakers, Kenwood KAC-X20 driving an infinity kappa 100.9w sub in sound ordnance bass bunker, UWS Black Deep Toolbox, Nasta SS Nerf Bars, Rugged Liner Bed Liner, AVS chrome bug shield, EGR in channel vent visors, Ballistic Enigma 20x9 wheels & Nitto nt420 285/50R20 tires, Hellwig 7697 & 7700 sway bars, Stinger SPP2150 Battery, Big 3 wire upgrade with 1/0 Raptor, Rancho RS5000 struts/shocks, Dynomax VT 17956 muffler, EBC Slotted Sport Rotors & Yellowstuff Kevlar pads, Russell SS brake lines, Cheetah GPS Mirror

Liked
    9 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwerefishing View Post
    Pics?

All I got to do is hook up my friends scangauge to do a finally calibration for the gauges since a couple are a slightly off. I could of done a better paint job on the needles too but was rushing. I did leave 3,2 gear green still, debating if that should stay or go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130116_181147-1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	93316
    Remmy700P and tundra3400 like this.
    2006 v6 4.0L Access Cab

100k club

Mods : Tinted windows&visor, Debadged sides, ELM 327 OBDII, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Changed dash gauge colors, Interior LEDs, Upgraded sounds, Plasti dipped rear bumper black, PA system
    Future Mods : 5100's, Paint chrome mirror caps & side moldings white , Whiter/Brighter headlights, Magnaflow, clear corners, .... .... ...

Liked
    28 times
    Images

Installed my Rancho Quicklifts and put in the difff drop. Lock tite on the steering knuckles and wheels back on tomorow. Can't wait!
    ZapcoTundra and Highwaylizard like this.

Liked
    399 times
    Images

drove to bass pro to get some more pistol ammo, but to no avail. all sold out,Fxckin gun ban scares... got home threw all my spitters away in the bed. and cleaned out the cab
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    78 times

Quote Originally Posted by TUNDRA_MAD View Post
    All I got to do is hook up my friends scangauge to do a finally calibration for the gauges since a couple are a slightly off. I could of done a better paint job on the needles too but was rushing. I did leave 3,2 gear green still, debating if that should stay or go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130116_181147-1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	93316
    That looks sweet! Nice job bro . Like the white in red. imo I'd ditch the last two greens. Is there a mod to change the trip from green to another color?

Liked
    9 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwerefishing View Post
    That looks sweet! Nice job bro . Like the white in red. imo I'd ditch the last two greens. Is there a mod to change the trip from green to another color?

Thanks! yea you can change the trip from what I read. But you need to pull out the odometer LCD that has long fragile pins/needles that I didnt want to risk f&%$* up,LOL.
    2006 v6 4.0L Access Cab

100k club

Liked
    399 times
    Images

There's a few guys who have done it on here. It looks pretty sweet
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    118 times

Ended up doing a bunch of things to the truck today. 1. Flushed the radiator, cleaned it out, put in some anti-rust solution and refilled it. 2. Put engine flush into the oil then changed the oil and filter. 3. Changed out the lca nut to a zerk fitting for ease of access to the grease. 4. Put in 4 new pioneer speakers changed all settings on the double din head unit. 5. Washed the truck and detailed the interior. 7. Repainted grille emblem and re plasti dipped grill, removed V8 badge from grille 8. Also ran some seafoam through the gas. One simple thing led to a long day of hanging out in the driveway.
    Last edited by JonesR00; 01-17-2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: auto-correct
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

Liked
    1986 times
    Images

That's a good day. Those white LED's look nice!
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    2771 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    That's a good day. Those white LED's look nice!
    Tundrunk, isn't it about time for you to swap out your existing coilovers for a more expensive set right about now???
    ZapcoTundra and CoachRon like this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    473 times

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
    Tundrunk, isn't it about time for you to swap out your existing coilovers for a more expensive set right about now???
    And install those leaf springs!!
    CoachRon likes this.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    I don't entirely know what OCD is, but I know it's very fashionable to accuse people of having it if they try and do something properly. -James May

Liked
    118 times

I love this thread! Gives me good and CHEAP IDEAS. Also makes me feel better after I bite the bullet and buy something expensive for the truck!
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

Liked
    1917 times
    Images

Drove my son back to his mom's house for the day. Drove to work. Drove home. Damn thing still starts without fail. Most reliable truck I have ever owned. My son will probably learn to drive and phoque in this truck. . .
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    264,521 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Scangauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, True Flow Intake with Amsoil drop-in dry filter, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires