What did you do to your 1st gen today? - Page 31

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 31 of 377 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree7511Likes

Thread: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

Liked
    409 times
    Images

Default Re: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

Quote Originally Posted by tundra3400 View Post
    yea i had the 105-107 on the speedo and it felt like the rear end was going to get loose and disappear from under me so ive never done that again and never will lol
    I got up to 100 today on some back roads. The truck hates these heavy @ss toyos haha.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    174 times

yea i had the 105-107 on the speedo and it felt like the rear end was going to get loose and disappear from under me so ive never done that again and never will lol
    Im not a fan of fast driving. Dont get me wrong i like cruising above the speed limit. But with my truck how it sits I dont like going fast, some steering vibration, and usually on back roads where i have to brake quick and the roads are bumpy. id rather off road going slow then speed on a road.
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

Liked
    180 times
    Images

There's a lot of room in there Jones without ABS! I bought my second battery today for my dual battery setup and now trying to find room, having ABS there's not much room! Replacing my CV boot/axle tomorrow and putting on more lights, 12 more lights to be exact!
    Highwaylizard and seanpistol like this.
    2003 Sequoia Limited 4wd- Revtec lift, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Life's a bore, I'm going pig hunting...

Liked
    2163 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZapcoTundra View Post
    I hate your mpgs with an utter passion!
    That's okay. Just think - this is winter blend fuel, cold weather and a traffic jam on 465 from Michigan Road to just past Allisonville Road. When summer gets here, new tires, alignment, scoop revision finished, headers, and new exhaust I should be getting in the low 20's again at 70 MPH. I doubt I can afford a new BAM long tube set-up anytime soon but I am intrigued by what it might do for my mileage. I plan to start testing some subtle aerodynamic modifications and want to start this summer but realistically (time and money) the aerodynamics will happen next summer.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    1779 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Highwaylizard View Post
    I should be getting in the low 20's again at 70 MPH.
    we really need a "dislike" button
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    409 times
    Images

That's okay. Just think - this is winter blend fuel, cold weather and a traffic jam on 465 from Michigan Road to just past Allisonville Road. When summer gets here, new tires, alignment, scoop revision finished, headers, and new exhaust I should be getting in the low 20's again at 70 MPH. I doubt I can afford a new BAM long tube set-up anytime soon but I am intrigued by what it might do for my mileage. I plan to start testing some subtle aerodynamic modifications and want to start this summer but realistically (time and money) the aerodynamics will happen next summer.
    i wish i could afford to redo my exhaust and install my turd headers and regear. then id be getting a solid 15 lol
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    174 times

Quote Originally Posted by Derek24 View Post
    There's a lot of room in there Jones without ABS! I bought my second battery today for my dual battery setup and now trying to find room, having ABS there's not much room! Replacing my CV boot/axle tomorrow and putting on more lights, 12 more lights to be exact!
    There's a member on here whos name is roundabout I'm pretty sure. And he was saying he put his dual battery set up where the spair tires goes. I think he was saying he pulled out that crossmember, tire, and tire winch and added in a 4gallon air tank and 2 optima batteries. I'd talk to him if you can't find a secure place for the second battery.
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

Liked
    196 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JonesR00 View Post
    There's a member on here whos name is roundabout I'm pretty sure. And he was saying he put his dual battery set up where the spair tires goes. I think he was saying he pulled out that crossmember, tire, and tire winch and added in a 4gallon air tank and 2 optima batteries. I'd talk to him if you can't find a secure place for the second battery.
    and with the spare in the bed you could throw on a real low profile rear bumper, trim the bedsides and have a significantly better departure angle. get two birds stoned at once.

derek- plz do a write up when you get your dual batteries rippin'. thanks!
    Last edited by seanpistol; 02-15-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 AC- Camburg uniball UCAs, OME 886 coils, 5100s
    Nitto Grappler MT 285/75r16 on AR Chamber teflon wheels
    electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, muffler swap, dvd player, remote start

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

Liked
    802 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    we really need a "dislike" button
    How about a BS button?

John
    The fools, the fools the fools! They have left us
    our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these
    graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace!

Padraig Mac Piarais (Patrick Pearse)

Liked
    50 times
    Images

I gave Jade a bath, followed by a front end alignment.
    2001 AC SR5
    iDiy
    200k Club
    K&N drop in filter, Satin Black Eagle Alloy Series 102 wheels, Bilstein 5100s, 265/27-16 Hankook DynaPro ATM, Magnaflow 14inch Muffler.

Liked
    745 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZapcoTundra View Post
    i wish i could afford to redo my exhaust and install my turd headers and regear. then id be getting a solid 15 lol
    i only have 265s and a V6 and only managed 16 mpg last tank full. i hate V6s lol
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    2163 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kerryman71 View Post
    How about a BS button?

John

Okay - push this oneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130214_184519_571.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	94030
    kerryman71 likes this.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    276,558 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    174 times

i only have 265s and a V6 and only managed 16 mpg last tank full. i hate V6s lol
    Seriously??? I have a V8 with 285/75R16's and a 4.5" lift and i was managing 17.9 hwy. And 12-14 city. That was with all stock engine parts too.
    Granted I was driving with warmer temp. and only doing 65-70mpg with a few road rage gas moments.

Liked
    745 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JonesR00 View Post
    Seriously??? I have a V8 with 285/75R16's and a 4.5" lift and i was managing 17.9 hwy. And 12-14 city. That was with all stock engine parts too.
    Granted I was driving with warmer temp. and only doing 65-70mpg with a few road rage gas moments.
    yea the highway is a little more friendly and gives me 20-22 but in town i can only get up too 16 going to college and then to work. most of my town driving involves me having to do 40 and under which means the trans wont lock-in over drive so im stuck at 2000-2200 rpms a lot. i hate automatic 4 speed trans's lol
    Last edited by tundra3400; 02-15-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    2000 Tundra 1A0 Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 208,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Install Click here), Uniden PRO 520XL CB, 4in LED Reverse Lights (Install Click Here)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    1779 times
    Images

Okay - push this oneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130214_184519_571.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	94030
    That right there is a SERIOUS violation. Ban yourself for 10 days
    ZapcoTundra and Highwaylizard like this.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/