What did you do to your 1st gen today? - Page 38

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 38 of 337 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree6616Likes

Thread: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

Liked
    95 times

Default Re: What did you do to your 1st gen today?

War'shed the truck today, and buffed and sealed the headlights.. think I'll actually go do a write-up on that right meow, as I did take some pics..

tundra3400 likes this.
    2000 TRD 4.7 4x4
    Volant Intake W/Added Bumper Intake
    Electric Fan
    Long Tube Headers, True Duals and BAmufflers (Thanks to Escondidotundra/Dirtydeedsindustries)
    Bigger Calipers W/Cryo-Frozen Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors and EBC Red Pads
    Hellwig 770 Swaybar, Poly. Steering Bushings
    Toytec Coils-2 1/2 Lift with Bilstein 5100's all around
    Camper Shell
    Royal Purple in EVERYTHING
    280HP 360FTLBS at the crank
    19MPG Average
    Ask me how!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    602 times

Cut off this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361677110532.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	94238 and installed this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361677163125.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	94239 the tail pipe was fabbed up by dissecting the stock pipe and TIG welding it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361677315352.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	94240 iClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361677385649.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	94241 exhaust dumps out before the rear tire with a nice slash cut. Sounds mean. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361677549445.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	94242
    skilife likes this.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    I don't entirely know what OCD is, but I know it's very fashionable to accuse people of having it if they try and do something properly. -James May

Senior Contributor jack mccarthy's Avatar
    Liked
    811 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmypop View Post
    How the hell did you pass inspection with THAT for the last few years? Was the guy doing the inpsection deaf?
    "I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday; 22% Tuesday; 26% Wednesday; 35% Thursday; 4% Friday."

"Failure is not an option; its a lifesytle"

How to perform a search: Select "Advanced Search" -> Choose the "Single Search Content Type" tab, Enter the "Keyword", Select Search in Forum "1st Gen Tundra", Search by Prefix "any thread", Show results as: Choose either "Posts" or "Threads", then click on "Search Now".

Liked
    65 times
    Images

Lets see. Oil change got 7qts of Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30 for $30 at Wally World (Walmart) cleaned the MAF Sensor and Air filter, sprayed some TB Cleaner and washed it. Wife's happy that I didn't take my sweet time. Now time to take the kids the R/C Track in Camarillo.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    SuckersWalk likes this.
    '03 Tundra SR5 A/C 2WD
    -Magnaflow Muffler over the Jardine Piping
    -Willwood Slotted Rotors
    -K&N Cold Air Intake FIPK
    -JBA Headers
    -BFGoodrich A/T LT285/70/R17
    -Enkei 360 Wheels
    -Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Height 2"

Liked
    602 times

Quote Originally Posted by jack mccarthy View Post
    How the hell did you pass inspection with THAT for the last few years? Was the guy doing the inpsection deaf?
    Inspection?! Hahahaha! We don't have inspections where I live!
    jack mccarthy likes this.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
    I don't entirely know what OCD is, but I know it's very fashionable to accuse people of having it if they try and do something properly. -James May

Liked
    592 times
    Images

REALLY??!!...You dont have yearly Safety Inspections?!?...In the middle of the rust belt??!!...Remind me never to drive through Michigan...

Liked
    245 times
    Images

Today, I took my motor out. Finally!!!!

Liked
    602 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Blue View Post
    REALLY??!!...You dont have yearly Safety Inspections?!?...In the middle of the rust belt??!!...Remind me never to drive through Michigan...
    I don't need the government to tell me how and when to fix my vehicle. I am also very glad we (MI) don't have emissions testing and all that other crap. Feel free to drive through MI whenever you like, its the bad roads that will get you, not the rusty cars
    StephenC likes this.

Liked
    128 times

Finally finished everything from the snorkel! re-drilled one hole de-burred re-painted and sealed the hoses up and got all the nuts tightened. and some parts on the airbox. Then drove 350 miles back to Humboldt.
    Yesterday I re-painted my stock skid plate and im gonna put it back on the truck tomorrow before work. I installed the air horns and got all the wiring to the compressor done, to find out the compressor is shot. So im going back to the store to see if i can exchange it.
    Last edited by JonesR00; 02-24-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

Liked
    592 times
    Images

What compressor did you get?

Liked
    128 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Blue View Post
    What compressor did you get?
    Im not sure the name its a cheap one.
    2000 Tundra, 4x4, SR5, V8, 4.5" drop bracket lift, 285/75R16 Good year Duratrac Wranglers, 16" American Racing Mohave Teflon 8 hole six lug rims, Diff Breather Mod, Map light Mod, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Pioneer Speakers Front and Back, JVC Touchscreen with unit bypass, Bluetooth Connection and Microphone, ARB Snorkel And AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Q-logic dual 8inch sub enclosure with 2 Il audio 8' subs and alpine anplifier ( thanks senortundra)

Liked
    602 times

Cleaned up my new/old exhaust, polished the tip and sprayed it with some black high temp. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361828099671.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	94268

Liked
    592 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JonesR00 View Post
    Im not sure the name its a cheap one.
    Get it from PepBoys?....If its the MV-50 or MF-1050, those are really GOOD compressors for the price. So good that I've seen LOTS of people on TTORA and IH8MUD, and other forums, scrambling to get them.

I had gotten one for $35 new from PepBoys, cuz someone put the wrong price tag on it....Unfortunately, I had to sell the project truck it was going into before I could install it, so I sold it...Now that I bought the Tundra, I'm thinking I'd like to get another.

Liked
    2825 times
    Images

I picked up the Viair 300P compressor from Home Depot for $129. Nice unit.
    Derek24 likes this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    128 times

Il check them out. Im thinking i want to buy a nice compressor in the future for onboard air. And im thinking about getting arb lockers. But i need some rock armor and i need to replace my brakes and timing belt first. Since im in college and working part time it may take a little while.