OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many pictures) - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many pictures)

Liked
    316 times

Default Re: OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many picture

Omg, this pic was texted to me by my buddy like 5mins ago referring to this thread. (I didn't even know this thread was made) I'm still laughing!!!!!and Drunk, you're right, blowin up rear ends is my specialty!!
    I like to build BAmufflers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    316 times

Default Re: OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many picture

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    Interesting results, I was watching the fuel ratio meter and thinking it seemed lean, then you mentioned it. I always heard our trucks run too rich so I'm surprised. Good stuff!
    I was very surprised to see that too....my suspicion is that it's because the reading was taken after the cats. Also, on a couple runs I saw 12.5/1....which is what you'd want at full throttle on a n/a vehicle.

We'll see the real numbers when we get the cats off of there.

Liked
    171 times
    Images

Glad I read this thread on blown rear ends! HA!.....
    So I was doing some measuring in my bed for a tool box today and I smell gear oil, look down under my 05" DC and sure as S#^T there's fluid dripping off the dif/axle and is all over the spare and just about everything else back there. I have an app to have the local Toyota dealer take a look on Friday....
    So you guys that have experience, what's next for me?
    I ran 22's for 3 summers, is this why? Otherwise I put the stock wheels and tires back on in the winters..
    I was planning on putting on some 285/70R17's after I get my 2.5" front 1.5" rear lift put in. Any suggestions on aftermarket Dif? gears?

Thanks in advance for any wise words!

Marty

Liked
    1671 times
    Images

"blown rear ends". holy transition batman!
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    95 times

Quote Originally Posted by skilife View Post
    So I was doing some measuring in my bed for a tool box today and I smell gear oil, look down under my 05" DC and sure as S#^T there's fluid dripping off the dif/axle and is all over the spare and just about everything else back there. I have an app to have the local Toyota dealer take a look on Friday....
    I ran 22's for 3 summers, is this why? Otherwise I put the stock wheels and tires back on in the winters..
    I was planning on putting on some 285/70R17's after I get my 2.5" front 1.5" rear lift put in. Any suggestions on aftermarket Dif? gears?

Marty
    This actually is a thread for Long Tube headers, and dual exhaust..

You might wanna start a new thread for your question
    tundrawillie likes this.
    2000 TRD 4.7 4x4
    Volant Intake W/Added Bumper Intake
    Electric Fan
    Long Tube Headers, True Duals and BAmufflers (Thanks to Escondidotundra/Dirtydeedsindustries)
    Bigger Calipers W/Cryo-Frozen Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors and EBC Red Pads
    Hellwig 770 Swaybar, Poly. Steering Bushings
    Toytec Coils-2 1/2 Lift with Bilstein 5100's all around
    Camper Shell
    Royal Purple in EVERYTHING
    280HP 360FTLBS at the crank
    19MPG Average
    Ask me how!

Liked
    316 times

Quote Originally Posted by skilife View Post

Marty
    for 285's I'd run 4.88's. It's a little agressive, but you'll thank me when you get em in. Go to 'JustDiff's' They have Nitro gears which are awesome. My new set is almost broken in and ready to blow later

The leak that you have sounds more like the diff bolts came loose though. There's not a lot of places for oil to leak out without there being either loose bolts or catastrophic failure.

Liked
    87 times

Is this done yet? Wheres more pics?

Liked
    316 times

Quote Originally Posted by wunderwhatnow View Post
    I finished it last night. My phone won't allow me to log into photobucket right now so I can't upload pics yet. Also, if it rains I don't know about the dyno tomorrow

Liked
    95 times

Quote Originally Posted by wunderwhatnow View Post
    I'll post some tonight if I get the chance (girlfriends birthday today)
    But I'll be picking it up tomorrow, so I HOPE the rain clears so we can Dyno it!
    2000 TRD 4.7 4x4
    Electric Fan
    Long Tube Headers, True Duals and BAmufflers (Thanks to Escondidotundra/Dirtydeedsindustries)
    Camper Shell
    19MPG Average
    Ask me how!

Liked
    87 times

All this suspense is killing me.Happy bday to the girlfriend. Hope you bought her something nice or we may never hear from you again. Lol
    DanoDavis likes this.

Liked
    1986 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by escondidotundra View Post
    Also, if it rains I don't know about the dyno tomorrow
    FireFighter20 likes this.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    1671 times
    Images

worthy of a quote just to see this again

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    95 times

UPDATE

So I picked the truck up today! Couldn't dyno it due to poor weather, and time constraints
    BUT! I've got loads of awesome-ness!

SO! We did Keith's custom Electric fan, Pacesetter long-tube headers(Which are 4-1 w/ 3inch collectors), True-Dual exhaust setup w/ X-Pipe, 4 BAmufflers, and 2 of Keith's **superduperawesome** resonators. I feel a big power jump across the board! I'm talking MAJOR! The Low end picked up, but once you hit 3000-RPMS, the truck SCREAMS! It lunges me back into my seat! It's an entirely new truck now!

The sound is amazing.. Nothing else like it. While crusin' @ 70 mph w/ cruse control on, the exhaust was QUIETER than stock. When I step on it, it sounds like a mixture of NASCAR and.. hmm.. almost like a bad-ass high-performance diesel truck ( closest analogy I can think of lol)

Now, I've only driven 150 miles so far (No check engine light yet!) and here's some MAJOR perks I've noticed:
    The route from Keith's house to mine is a route I've driven many, many times.. and I know how my truck acts on this 60 mile stretch of freeway, downshifts, how far I put my foot in the gas, MPG, ect..
    --My truck has always averaged 13.8-14.5 MPGs, regardless of freeway/city, ect.. My BEST was 17.12, but that was with alot of downhill, and VERY mellow driving (55-65MPH)
    I had my foot in the gas quite a bit on the drive back, MUCH more than usual. I filled up about 3 miles from Keith's, and just filled up down the street from my house. I did a total of:
    147.4 Miles driven(about 18 of those were stop and go city, the rest were hot-rodding on the freeway)
    7.67 Gallons of gas used (I run 91 octane)
    That equates to 19.21 MPG!!!!! (There's your MPG's Highwaylizard)

Both Keith and I have noticed that the truck is also running quite rich as well, after a couple lengthy test drives.

Now, that's 'effin impressive.

We will see how it trims out more long-term, but I expect to maintain this high-teen mileage.. I've tasted 19.21, I'm going for 20+ next.
    I work next weekend, but the following I'm planning on driving back to Keith's, and doing the *after* dyno, to see the "On Paper Gains."

Words cannot express how pleased I am with this project! Worth every penny. and at this point, it's only going to help save me money as well.. also knowing I can smoke any 1st gen out there (Non-SC) is a pretty awesome feeling too

I live in Riverside,CA so if anybody wants to meet-up, and take a look at this setup, I'd be more then happy..
    2000 TRD 4.7 4x4
    Electric Fan
    Camper Shell
    19MPG Average
    Ask me how!

Liked
    95 times

I'm trying to upload some pics, but it wont let me.. says the dimensions are too large.. Not sure what to do.
    2000 TRD 4.7 4x4
    Electric Fan
    Camper Shell
    19MPG Average
    Ask me how!

Liked
    11 times

did i miss something?? what was the total cost?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast