OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many pictures)

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many pictures)

Liked
    95 times

Default OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many pictures)

DISCLAIMER:
    This setup is not for use in California, or other smog controlled states.
    All modifications listed here are intended for off-road, and racing use only.

Escondidotundra (Keith, owner of BAmuffler/Dirty Deeds industries) will be the guy doing the work here.. I will be lending a hand whenever possible, but due to my work schedule,
    I will be dropping my truck off with him, and picking it up when its done, unless my work schedule clears a bit, to where I can help..

So here we go, the trek of removing the restrictive, leaky stock exhaust, and install a high-flow, power building setup!

We start with my 2000 4.7 4x4, relatively stock truck. Stock gears, stock tires (LT265/75/16 definity dakota A/T2 all terrains) The only modifications in relation to power building on the truck are:

Volant Intake system
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0516.jpg 
Views:	1282 
Size:	672.0 KB 
ID:	92661
    Magnaflow Muffler

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg 
Views:	1174 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	92662

The idea of this got started once I bought the truck, and immediately noticed the leaking stock exhaust manifolds:

Name:	IMG_0517.jpg 
Views:	1398 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	92663

Also, major restriction points like this:

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg 
Views:	1339 
Size:	555.4 KB 
ID:	92664

The goal here, is to create the most useable power for this truck. By completely removing the stock exhaust, and re-engineering everything.

The headers I bought were Pacesetter Longtube Headers Pacesetter Performance Headers for Toyota - Pacesetter LONG TUBE Headers 2000-2005 Toyota Tundra / Sequoia 4.7 V8
    They were also treated to protect them from rust, and the sort.. These headers look great! Welds look solid, and the entire header feels VERY well built.

Name:	IMG_0501.jpg 
Views:	1416 
Size:	636.3 KB 
ID:	92665

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg 
Views:	1275 
Size:	619.2 KB 
ID:	92666

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg 
Views:	1330 
Size:	855.6 KB 
ID:	92667

Name:	IMG_0503.jpg 
Views:	1345 
Size:	527.6 KB 
ID:	92668

Along with the new exhaust, I'll be removing the stock, motor driven fan, for a new, custom-made electric setup, made by Escondidotundra himself.

I will be running the truck on a dyno before, and after the modifications.
    The goal is a solid 30hp/30ftlbs at the wheels increase.
    I feel confident that we'll be able to hit those numbers.

All of this will be done sometime in the next few weeks, once the holiday-hustle dies down, so I wont need my truck on a daily-basis (I'll just use the wifey's car, and my work van)

All-in-all, I'm excited for this project!

I drove Keith's truck, which has 285's, and stock gears, with a similar setup, and all I've got to say is: "WOW!"
    The sound of this setup is ROCKIN! ZERO (and I mean ZERO) drone! His muffler alone will fix that problem..
    Also, the power increase.. HOLY COW! His truck runs circles on mine! With the larger tires, and stock gears!

Stay tuned, fellow Tundra-enthusiasts! We'll have pictures, and videos of this
    Old Ride:
    2000 Tundra TRD 4.7 4x4
    **Insurance took due to major hail damage**
    NEW RIDE:
    2009 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4, 6-Speed Manual
    Mods:
    BAMuffler, K&N Intake, Flex-A-Lite Electric Fan, 1" Lift w/Bilstein 5100's

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Lurking Member
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many picture

Bump to the top. I can't wait to hear how the "check engine" light issue gets resolved. That's the only thing holding me back from doing this.
    Highwaylizard likes this.

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

Default Re: OFFICIAL 1st Gen Long Tube headers and BAmuffler True duals thread! (Many picture

pimpin'
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    2408 times
    Images

Keith doesn't have stock gears... but looking forward to seeing this.
    Derek24 likes this.
    "Drunk by noon but that's okay, I'll be President some day"
    - Sublime

Liked
    95 times

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    Keith doesn't have stock gears... but looking forward to seeing this.
    He blew his 4.88's before I got there, so his stock gears were in the truck when I drove it.

That being said, it still stomped on my truck.. so I can only imagine what it'll be like with stock gears, and stock tires

I'm trying to juggle my work schedule to allow me to leave early next friday, so I can be there for the dyno run before everything.. and do the same the following week.
    I'm hoping that we'll have all of this done, and posted around the last half of the second week of January.
    Highwaylizard and tundrunk like this.
    Old Ride:
    2000 Tundra TRD 4.7 4x4
    NEW RIDE:
    Mods:

Liked
    2408 times
    Images

Keith blows out more rear ends than a taco truck.
    - Sublime

Liked
    95 times

UPDATE

Got the truck Dyno'd today!

Toyota Tundra Long Tube headers - YouTube

Video there.

Power Numbers with only a Volant Intake, and a Magnaflow muffler in place of the stock muffler:
    Bests were:
    Horsepower 207.7
    Torque: 267.5

Dropped the truck off w/ Escondidotundra, and will be picking it up next saturday, and do the *after* dyno run!
    SuckersWalk likes this.
    Old Ride:
    2000 Tundra TRD 4.7 4x4
    NEW RIDE:
    Mods:

Liked
    2408 times
    Images

Interesting results, I was watching the fuel ratio meter and thinking it seemed lean, then you mentioned it. I always heard our trucks run too rich so I'm surprised. Good stuff!
    - Sublime

Liked
    21 times

In for results. These are mods I would love to make! I think Keith is pretty sharp. His muffler is pretty cool. How hard is the installation of headers on these trucks??

Liked
    2130 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by smokincobra View Post
    In for results. These are mods I would love to make! I think Keith is pretty sharp. His muffler is pretty cool. How hard is the installation of headers on these trucks??
    Depends on how attached you are to the skin currently on your knuckles. There is a guy here who has done headers in under 4 hours - the rest of us take 12-16 hours over two days of cussing, smoking, and drinking.
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    272,449 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    2408 times
    Images

If you study up on the little secrets, it isn't too bad. Most important thing is to have all of the right parts so you are done the first time, and also have the right tools. I recall that the swivel head ratchet was my very best friend that day, mated to a 14mm socket. Best tip I can give you is to unbolt the motor mounts, and lift that motor up about 1.5" before starting to undo the manifold bolts. This sounds small but you wouldn't believe how much easier it is to get those bolts out this way. I also unbolted the fan shroud, didn't remove it but I pushed it up out of the way. The driver side motor mount blocks two bolts so it needs to come out, I think the passenger side was fine.

Look for Derek24's thread in our sticky section and read up. Lots of PB blaster and anti-seize went into my application.
    - Sublime

Liked
    2898 times
    Images

My local muffler/brake shop did it in about 4 hours, but my manifold locknuts and studs have almost zero corrosion. Yep.. the trick is to block and support the motor and remove the driver's side motor mount and both fender skirts.
    DanoDavis likes this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    95 times

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    Keith blows out more rear ends than a taco truck.
    At first, when I read this, I was thinking "Tacoma"

As I used to have a Tacoma, and I blew 3 rear ends (Supercharged 5 Speed 4wd truck.. fun as hell.. LOL)

Now, close to a month later, I *think* you meant an actual *TACO Truck*

LOL!
    Old Ride:
    2000 Tundra TRD 4.7 4x4
    NEW RIDE:
    Mods:

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DanoDavis View Post
    At first, when I read this, I was thinking "Tacoma".
    Now, close to a month later, I *think* you meant an actual *TACO Truck*
    You are correct; on both accounts. They ARE one in the same.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    2408 times
    Images

A young Keith dreams of breaking this taco trucks record for blown out rear ends...
    - Sublime

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast