Airing down in the snow.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Airing down in the snow.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default Airing down in the snow.

I've never really thought about it until today but does anyone air down when it snows? For on and off road use? I know no one prob airs down below 10 psi but yeah if you have or do how's it do? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    198 times
    Images

yes, and it makes a huge difference if it's not hard packed snow. some people do go below 10 psi without beadlocks. apparently the difference between 10 and 8 psi is big and the difference between 8 and 6 is huge. I wouldn't want to re set a bead on the trail, so I don't go that low. the difference between 35 and 15 psi is massive when you need traction in the snow. it has gotten me un-stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 AC
    Camburg UCAs, OME coils, Bilstein shocks, Nitto Grappler M/T on AR teflon wheels
    ARB air locker, 4.10 gears, electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, dvd player, remote start

build thread - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

Liked
    47 times

Default Re: Airing down in the snow.

See below.
    Last edited by YotaDan; 12-26-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Liked
    47 times

If I'm headed to the hills to go play in the snow, I always air down. Makes a huge difference in traction/flotation. I use one of these EZ Deflators

Tire Patch Kits, Guages, Deflators - Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc

Liked
    720 times
    Images

Yes, absolutely you can air down for snow. I airdown to about 15psi whenever we are expected to get snow or freezing rain, or when the roads are wet in the winter. On dry days, I'll air back up to either 25 or 30....When late April/early May comes along, I go back up to 25 to 30 permanently for the summer. Thats all for street driving. If I'm going to go PLAY in the snow, I'll go down to 10-12. I have stock 7" rims, so 10 is as low as I will go, for fear of breaking a bead.

Liked
    2 times
    Images

Thanks for all the responses. I've just never really thought about it till yesterday. I always air down when trail riding or what not just never thought about it for snow. And thanks yotadan I really should buy a nice deflator.