excessive shadows in headlight beam

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tundrunk

Thread: excessive shadows in headlight beam

Liked
    191 times
    Images

Default excessive shadows in headlight beam

I recently put in a new set of the Eagle Eye housings and Hella ultra white xenon bulbs. They are a little brighter and whiter than what I had before, but I was still expecting brighter than the outcome. The beam has lot of shadows in it- too many. I noticed this reflective housing piece the bulb sits inside of- you can unscrew it, but to get it out you'd have to take the housing apart, and i'd assume you'd have to put it in the oven to do that.

Is this piece necessary since the bulbs have the coating on the end to throw light out the sides?

The headlights have been aimed (vertically, because that's all you can do for my year), but that has not fixed the shadows.
    01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 TRD access cab- Camburg uniball UCAs, OME 886 coils, 5100s
    Dynapro ATM 285/75r16 on American Racing Chamber teflon wheels
    electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, muffler swap, dvd player, remote start

slow build thread - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1678 times
    Images

Default Re: excessive shadows in headlight beam

get those osrams ralleys remmy likes, or the osram nightbreakers that i like and fuggetaboutit
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    1988 times
    Images

If you wait until daytime the shadows will go away.

That's weird, I have the same bulbs but mine don't have any dark spots going on.
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    1678 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    If you wait until daytime the shadows will go away.
    now, why didn't i think of that???

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    191 times
    Images

so you guys both have that reflector the bulb sits inside still installed?
    01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 TRD access cab- Camburg uniball UCAs, OME 886 coils, 5100s
    Dynapro ATM 285/75r16 on American Racing Chamber teflon wheels
    electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, muffler swap, dvd player, remote start

slow build thread - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

Liked
    1678 times
    Images

the glare shield, or whatever its called? yup. and i'm still on eom housings until the spring.

Search for your answer.

Liked
    388 times
    Images

yea i have the same shadows your talking about. my 5K HIDs really pronouced them after i buff the headlights. its just how the light is refracted inside the housings.
    2000 Tundra Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 204,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" Sub with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Offroad LEDs, Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    31 times

I tried those bulbs b4 n it did the same thing with the shadows. If u want brighter go with hid 6000k. Those are white n I don't know of any lights that r brighter. I got the 8000k which has a blue tint n no more shadows. They r only like $30 on eBay

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App