Keyless Entry FOB issues...

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keyless Entry FOB issues...

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Keyless Entry FOB issues...

Hello to all Tundra Junkies, bought a 06 SR5 V6 and have been moding it here and there over the last few months since I bought it. Had some P0420 codes when I first bought, but a new exhaust manafold on bank one took care of that issue. She has 134,xxx on her now and I am LOVING IT!

EXCEPT she did not come with a remote keyless fob. Was not sure if this truck came with it, but it will go into programming mode just fine. Bought a key fob off ebay, but so far it is not programming. Any assitance from the pros would be awesome! Thanks gents/ladies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1803 times
    Images

Default Re: Keyless Entry FOB issues...

welcome aboard mate! did you see the other thread here from a week or so ago? i think it was your very issue and included the solution.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    welcome aboard mate! did you see the other thread here from a week or so ago? i think it was your very issue and included the solution.
    I did sir, I am going to go to the dealer and check to ensure that it was standard, but since I have the SR5, and truck goes into program mode just fine, I thought I bought the correct one.

My fob that I bought is different then the one that he posted as well as it does not have an indicator light, but same button set up. Lock, unlock, and panic only... FCC ID: HYQ12BBX
    Last edited by 2001T4me; 01-01-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Called the dealer today, although the Fob I bought was for the 2006, the fob that is correct for my truck traces back to a 01-03 Tundra. Not sure why, I know that mine is the RS3200 Factory Installed. Not the RS3000. Also, my FOB has the light at the top. Red I think... Either way, to those with this same issue, call the dealer with VIN and get what your FOB is supposed to be. Beware of them trying to get you to come in to program it too. Many threads I have read on how to program yourself... Thanks for the assistance all!

Liked
    1803 times
    Images

glad you got it all figured out. not having keyless entry is a *****.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.