Help w/ Parts

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help w/ Parts

Liked
    0 times

Default Help w/ Parts

Hello all,

Just hit black ice up here in the Great White North. 15km/hr into a cement barrier. Everything is fine w/ the truck except drivers side quarter planel, hood is bent, grille is busted and bumper is cracked. I'm taking this as the best time to upgrade the truck. Because I only have PL/PD for insurance I won't receive any help from them. So where can I look for some parts places? I live up in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canda.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    25 times

Default Re: Help w/ Parts

I just bought a rear bumper for my 05 AC. Camelback Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Parts - Free Shipping was the cheapest. I called and got a price for shipping. They came in a week.
    If you put in your vin #, all the parts for your truck will come up.

Check out a junk yard for used parts. You may be able to do a search on the internet after you get the part numbers.

Good Luck!

Liked
    32 times

I have a driver side fender I'm selling right now. I'm in vegas tho, I sold a passenger side fender I'm Montana if I remember it was about $120 for shipping (if I remember right). Comes with 5.7 emblem, mud guard, wheel well guard & weather stripping. Let me no wat u think

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Liked
    654 times
    Images

Like bgeorge mentioned about junkyards, if you dont mind used parts, you could try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

I've found a transmission and t-case across the country in a junkyard on there...I called the junkyard, and they shipped me the parts....So you might be able to have stuff shipped once you find something on the site, if nothing shows up locally.

If you want new parts, you have two choices: buy actual Toyota OEM parts from somewhere, (more expensive, but I've heard they are better quality and fit better than aftermarket parts), or get cheaper aftermarket parts. You might try searching the net for local aftermarket parts warehouses. A lot of times there are places that dont really sell retail, direct to consumers, but mainly supply garages and shops who do insurance claim repairs...I found a couple near me, that didnt have what I needed in stock, but could order it. I went with the cheaper of the two, and they ordered me a hood and a door for my old 88 Toy PU....Maybe even call your insurance company, and maybe they can suggest someplace they deal with locally for body parts....Or maybe ask at a local garage that can do collision repair, for local suppliers...
    kerryman71 likes this.

Liked
    802 times
    Images

For OEM parts I've used Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Auto Parts and Accessories The site Stone_Blue gave is the other one I would recommend checking out. You may luck out and find the parts you need that are the color of your truck, which would save quite a bit of money. Sorry about your accident.

John
    The fools, the fools the fools! They have left us
    our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these
    graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace!

Padraig Mac Piarais (Patrick Pearse)

Liked
    0 times

Thanks a lot everyone! I'm going to start checking this all out! Doubleds sorry but I dont think its feasible for me to buy the fender from you, thanks for the offer though. I'll let everyone know how this all works out!

Liked
    0 times

I think I am going to take this as my chance to upgrade my Tundra though. I'll upgrade the rear and front lights. I'll get the body man to do the fender and hood. Anyone have any suggestions for a front grille and bumper? I'm thinking of going w/ a steel bumper. All suggestions are welcomed!

Liked
    2076 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by doubleds65 View Post
    I have a driver side fender I'm selling right now. I'm in vegas tho, I sold a passenger side fender I'm Montana if I remember it was about $120 for shipping (if I remember right). Comes with 5.7 emblem, mud guard, wheel well guard & weather stripping. Let me no wat u think

I thought the OP had a first generation and it sounds like you are offering a second generation fender?
    Tundra Fuel Economy Blog
    272,449 miles on the odometer [come see me when you get that on your ford]

Highwaylizard 2004 Tundra Double Cab Limited Edition 4.7 liter V8, four speed automatic, four wheel drive, testing platform for fuel economy, self designed cold air intake using ram air principle, Ultragauge, Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Aero Turbine, "Foolie Exhaust" from Aero Turbine back, AFe open intake, Mobile 1 in the engine, NAPA oil filter, NAPA in the differentials. 3:91 gears in the front (Thanks Cajuntundra!) and rear (Thanks Nytrousboy!) differentials, Michelin LTX M/S2 tires

Liked
    32 times

Quote Originally Posted by Highwaylizard View Post
    I thought the OP had a first generation and it sounds like you are offering a second generation fender?
    I thought I would look cool!!! Jk he specify wat yr he had n I realized that after I put the post. Sorry

Liked
    0 times

well truck is getting parted out...not worth fixing. internal bra is ****ed and no rollover trucks to use. Anyone need parts lemme know

Liked
    32 times

Is this a 2nd gen tundra? Also I'm really sorry to hear that it can't b fixed. Hopefully a negative will turn into a positive.

Liked
    63 times
    Images

There is a 2003 near me that's being parted out. I actually snagged a couple parts off of it. The driver's side front fender/inner fender are fine. I would give them a call and see if they will ship those parts to you. There's also a brand new hood near me (old ad, not sure if it's still for sale).
    Fender/metal inner fender: 03 TOYOTA TUNDRA....PARTS
    Hood: 00-05 Toyota Tundra HOOD NEW
    As far as the grill goes, try RockAuto.com.
    For the front bumper, it'd be sweet to build a custom one, or just wait to find one near you... or get one from RockAuto.com.
    If you can't do the work yourself, find a buddy with some tools that can and save some money. If that's all that's damaged, it can't be more than $1000 in repairs. That's better than trying to part it out.
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    0 times

I'll take some pix and post them on here so you can take a look... I'm still processing everything and today I'll take those pix... Heading out of town for 3 weeks and see if I can clear my head enough to bring some answers in.

Liked
    0 times

pix posted on my garage... If my inner apron is damaged doesnt mean it cant be fixed right??

Liked
    654 times
    Images

No...Should be able to be fixed. Is it just the front corner?...Take a look at the back, where it meets the firewall...If the firewall/apron joint isnt damaged or out of whack, you should be able to buy an inner apron, drill out the spot welds where it meets the firewall, and spot weld in a new one. It probably wont be easy, but it CAN be done. Also check the radiator bib. (The front wall that the radiator/headlights/horns are mounted on)...THAT might need replacing as well. You should be able to get that part also...Same thing...Just need to drill out the spot welds, and weld in the new one. Might be worth it to have a collision shop do it, though...Both parts are relatively interior, so skip the expensive paint matching. Again, those parts are probably available as aftermarket, which would be cheaper than OEM.
    Thats a nice looking truck...Probably worth it to fix it, than to part it out. Even damaged like that, you could probably sell AS-IS and get more $$ than parting it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast