jba shorties

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By tundrunk
  • 2 Post By SuckersWalk
  • 3 Post By Remmy700P
  • 1 Post By SuckersWalk

Thread: jba shorties

Liked
    87 times

Default jba shorties

Stainless or titanium is there a difference in the life of the jba headers? Also has anyone used autoanything they have the headers pretty cheap makes me skeptical. Im planning on getting a set soon and probably the y pipe too. Hoping to cure a little need for speed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1994 times
    Images

Default Re: jba shorties

Cheaper at AJUSA... one of our fine sponsors.

I've had stainless ones (from AJUSA) for about three years now, no problems. They turn brownish, but that doesn't bother me as long as they aren't rusting. I have the Y pipe as well, wouldn't buy that part again because the fitment is slightly off. I had to get creative to seal the part where it meets the driver side cat pipe.
    wunderwhatnow likes this.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    87 times

Sweet ill probably go that route then. Recommend any gaskets I heard the ones that come with the headers are garbage. I still want the y because I just cant see the stock y giving good flow looks too restrictive

Liked
    1682 times
    Images

if strength and weight were a concern, i'd go with titanium.
    if under-hood temps and visual appearance were a concern, i'd rock the ceramic.
    if rust was my only concern, i'd stick with stainless.
    if money was a concern, i wouldn't bother unless i had to replace a faulty oem header, at which time i would replace both with stainless.
    Chaplain and tundrunk like this.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    2774 times
    Images

You want the Percy's Seal-4-Good gaskets for the headers and the Remflex #8015 gaskets for the collectors. You will also need to pick up 6 40mm long bolts for the collector flanges.

Purchase links here: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...s/#post1784060
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    1994 times
    Images

What Remmy said as far as the gaskets, if you go with the Y pipe you'll need a pair of donut gaskets for that as well. I used Toyota gaskets because I didn't have time to shop around for a cheaper gasket.

Titanium ones aren't any lighter, just prettier.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    11 times

i found that autoanything was cheaper than ajusa when i compared. i suspect ajusa will match a legit competitor.

i solicited a quote directly from this site, in the form of a pm, to ajusa and got the same price they were quoting everybody else on their web site

Liked
    1682 times
    Images

minus the forum discount, free shipping, easy returns, AND no tax outside of komifornia....ajusa rocks!
    Derek24 likes this.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    87 times

I was also thinking of adding a volant cold air intake at the same time yall think its worth it?

Liked
    1994 times
    Images

I wouldn't get the intake kit, leave the stock one in place. I guess it depends which year your truck is, for my year AJUSA was cheaper.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    87 times

04 dc 4x4