Husky floor liners, the worst ever made for the 06?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Husky floor liners, the worst ever made for the 06?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default Husky floor liners, the worst ever made for the 06?

I was excited to get these in thinking some reviews said they were better than the weathertech's. I bought just the front, and the fit is fine around the edges facing the console. But on the sill plate side they don't even look like they fit the right car. I can return them, but am wondering what you got for yours and if you think the fit is good. They didn't have any actual pics except for ones that seemed to fit perfectly. Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Senior Contributor jack mccarthy's Avatar
    Liked
    811 times
    Images

Default Re: Husky floor liners, the worst ever made for the 06?

They cup upward at the edge of the sill from pictures which I have that someone posted. It's a tradeoff. You can get the huskies and have complete coverage for the mat under the dead pedal or get the more expensive weathertechs that only cover the bottom half of it from what I've seen. Seems like the only place on my carpet that wears out the quickest.
    "I always give 100% at work: 13% Monday; 22% Tuesday; 26% Wednesday; 35% Thursday; 4% Friday."

"Failure is not an option; its a lifesytle"

How to perform a search: Select "Advanced Search" -> Choose the "Single Search Content Type" tab, Enter the "Keyword", Select Search in Forum "1st Gen Tundra", Search by Prefix "any thread", Show results as: Choose either "Posts" or "Threads", then click on "Search Now".

Liked
    89 times
    Images

I can only speak about the fit on my 2000 and the fronts fit perfectly and the door side is flush once the door is closed. Now the rears don't fit that great but they do catch most of the rear foot traffic and food from my daughter
    tundra3400 likes this.

Liked
    81 times
    Images

cwilliams, do you have a double cab? they are a wider than the access cabs, I have Huskies in my 05 Access cab & they fit great, I have them in the front & back. I don't have a console so I bought the hump mat.
    2005 Silver Sky 4X4 AC SR5 V8

Liked
    1739 times
    Images

2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    5 times

I have Weathertechs in the front of my 2000 AC and they fit great! I had to remove the cover that is on the front of the seat slide(only the driver side and only the one closest to the door). That made them fit even better. I really like them.

Liked
    1739 times
    Images

I too have the high priced weathertechs. They don't fit perfectly, but they are pretty close. What's the alternative? Staying with carpet mats? Nope!
    kerryman71 likes this.

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    81 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    here is the driver side seal side, don't want to show all my dirt, but I like the high lip to keep ohio salt & mud off carpet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	husky liner.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	512.3 KB 
ID:	93105  

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Your right that fit looks off.... Are you sure they were for your spec. truck?

Not to high jack your thread but just an issue that I have with Husky...I can't figure out why Husky won't make a weatherbeader mat for the new seq's....... The only thing you can get for the seq. is classic, which is prob what I will get..... I can live with the ol tread plate stamped look.......
    Burned, I would double check that they were for your specific model of rig....

Liked
    81 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bmwood View Post
    Your right that fit looks off.... Are you sure they were for your spec. truck?

Not to high jack your thread but just an issue that I have with Husky...I can't figure out why Husky won't make a weatherbeader mat for the new seq's....... The only thing you can get for the seq. is classic, which is prob what I will get..... I can live with the ol tread plate stamped look.......
    Burned, I would double check that they were for your specific model of rig....
    Off? I want the carpet covered, I have the right mats & they fit great.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I do have a double cab, I will get a pic this weekend. For $85 they just look like a jcwhitney closeout special.

Liked
    88 times

Looks nasty id clean that and call call it good id take a picture of mine now but my keys are inside and im just not leaving my man cave. I like my huskys but I have an 04 your truck may be faster but my floor mats fit ! My .02 cents

Liked
    352 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SuckersWalk View Post
    I too have the high priced weathertechs. They don't fit perfectly, but they are pretty close. What's the alternative? Staying with carpet mats? Nope!
    I have the weathertechs too. I would say the fit is pretty much perfect in the front, but I hate that there are no dimples (or whatever you call the points on the underside that some mats have) for passenger front. It slides forward as soon as anyone sits there. So now the RH edge has curled up as the mat has slid forward. For the money weathertech charges I just dont see why they didnt put those dimples on it. Since the drivers side has a hook to keep it in place I find it to be perfect. At some point I will do as others have done and glue some velcro to the bottom. It's on my list of s#%t to do.
    The rear full mat gives good coverage but the raised edge seems like an afterthought. Both my young boys did a couple of face plants on that stupid edge the first few times they got in the truck after I got them. Yes, it keeps water from spilling, and by the design of the floor maybe there was no other way to do it, but it just looks like they said screw it, good enough, and left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by burned300 View Post
    Off? I want the carpet covered, I have the right mats & they fit great.
    I think he meant that in the pic you took the mat looks off. Like it overhangs the scuff plate more at the back than the front.
    2012 Crewmax TRD 5.7, 4x4, 15% tint all around plus sunstrip. Ionic Gladiator running boards. Weathertechs front and rear. Line X, AVS vent visors. Viper 5301 2 way remote start, MBRP S5316304 cat back exhaust. Bakflip Fibermax tonneau cover.
    Traded in my 05 4x4 DC, AFE CAI, Magnaflow Catback15820, Line X bedliner.

Liked
    1739 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cheapskate View Post
    I hate that there are no dimples (or whatever you call the points on the underside that some mats have) for passenger front. For the money weathertech charges I just dont see why they didnt put those dimples on it.

The rear full mat gives good coverage but the raised edge seems like an afterthought. it just looks like they said screw it, good enough, and left it at that.
    i concur with both of these statements.

Search for your answer.

Liked
    517 times
    Images

ive got the huskys in my 2000 AC, my dads 2003 tacoma xtra cab, and my moms 2003 highlander and they fit great in all 3 vehicles.
    2000 Tundra Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 207,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Sneveys Offroad)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast