Blower Motor replacement - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Blower Motor replacement

Liked
    597 times
    Images

Default Re: Blower Motor replacement

Quote Originally Posted by kerryman71 View Post
    Mine was making a PITA squealing noise so I took it apart to lube it up and clean the fan while I was at it.
    John
    Thats because you havent been feeding the hamster that was squealing because it was starving....lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1740 times
    Images

starving hamsters squeal? who knew?!?
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Veteran Member
    Liked
    48 times
    Images

Mine was getting pretty noisy a couple of years ago, so I had a dealer replace it for around $200. I wasn't interested in going even a minute without AC here in Texas.

Liked
    10 times
    Images

I wish I could find a blower with some balls, my wife's Fiesta's "blows" mine away. To even feel air coming out it has to be on high, and even then it's only like having the Fiesta on like 1. My Tundra easily has the worst A/C system I have ever experienced in a vehicle, and i've owned Dodges! The blower sucks, i'm afraid to turn the vent knob for fear of breaking something, half the time I can't even switch it back to the dash vents and I have to reach under the dash and "help" it out...My 07' F-150 had electric actuators for all of that, you would think Toyota would have chosen a more modern A/C system, instead of the stone age crap they put in our trucks!

Liked
    2825 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by OkieOFT View Post
    I wish I could find a blower with some balls, my wife's Fiesta's "blows" mine away. To even feel air coming out it has to be on high, and even then it's only like having the Fiesta on like 1. My Tundra easily has the worst A/C system I have ever experienced in a vehicle, and i've owned Dodges! The blower sucks, i'm afraid to turn the vent knob for fear of breaking something, half the time I can't even switch it back to the dash vents and I have to reach under the dash and "help" it out...My 07' F-150 had electric actuators for all of that, you would think Toyota would have chosen a more modern A/C system, instead of the stone age crap they put in our trucks!
    You've clearly got some issues with yours. I would drop the motor, clean the fan cage, and reach up into the intake tube and make sure it isn't obstructed. Based on your description of the difficulty you're having moving the fan direction knob, you might also have one or more redirect vanes in there stuck.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    10 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Remmy700P View Post
    You've clearly got some issues with yours. I would drop the motor, clean the fan cage, and reach up into the intake tube and make sure it isn't obstructed. Based on your description of the difficulty you're having moving the fan direction knob, you might also have one or more redirect vanes in there stuck.
    Oh it's got issues alright. I've already dropped the blower and it was clean as could be. No obstructions could be felt anywhere. The vent issue would probably require me to remove the entire dash to fix. According to my service history, the previous owner took it to the dealer for the problem and in their notes it says "Knob still hard to turn" or something like that. When I bought the truck the vent adjuster was sheared off behind the knob. Oh well, just another perfectly engineered Toyota product, right?

Edit: Apologies if I sound a bit angry. Pisses me off that Toyota would choose such a stone age system to ruin an otherwise awesome truck.
    Last edited by OkieOFT; 01-21-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Remmy700P likes this.

Supporter
    Liked
    11 times

This guy has a video on removal / installation for the blower motor. The motor is removed from a Sequoia but it is the same in the Tundra. Just for anyone interested....

How To Install Replace AC Heater Fan Motor Toyota Sequoia 2001-07 1AAuto.com - YouTube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12