Double Cab Bazooka VSE harness plug-n-play or sub/amp?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Double Cab Bazooka VSE harness plug-n-play or sub/amp?

Liked
    9 times

Question Double Cab Bazooka VSE harness plug-n-play or sub/amp?

so obviously its terribly difficult to get my hands on this dang VSE for my 05 dub cab.

however, if the harness is just plu an play (with a ground), then can i just get my hands on a harness and use my own amp sub? this would make the install damn near plug n play. no wires to run, or whatever (the part of a sub install that takes the most amount of time, usually)

when can i get this harness? or is it even possible with more than 100w sub?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    157 times
    Images

Default Re: Double Cab Bazooka VSE harness plug-n-play or sub/amp?

Check these guys out. Great customer service and support. Crutchfield Customer Support. You could also post this in the audio section.
    Just found this, Subwoofer VSE by Bazooka 04-06 Tundra which lists a harness part number.
    Last edited by kanaduh; 01-16-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Liked
    1777 times
    Images

Default Re: Double Cab Bazooka VSE harness plug-n-play or sub/amp?

don't waste your time. you'll have to splice into the harness so it isn't plug and play. but why would you want to? if you are gonna run a 100w (or more) pushing a 100w sub, you'll need a lot bigger power wire and ground that what the oem harness (20 gauge?) can give you. do it right the first time. hit up the http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/audio-and-stereo/ forum here for some how-to directions and answers to the basic questions you have.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/