Non Correctable tint ticket????

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums – General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Tundrasooner22
  • 4 Post By tundrunk
  • 1 Post By ZapcoTundra
  • 1 Post By tundrunk
  • 1 Post By 2003bajatundra4x4ac

Thread: Non Correctable tint ticket????

Liked
    0 times

Default Non Correctable tint ticket????

So I'm here in California and got a non correctable tint ticket on my 04 tundra??? I always assumed that tint was a correctable fix it ticket? Anyways just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and what happened.
    Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1671 times
    Images

Default Re: Non Correctable tint ticket????

I heard of a guy that got one. He tried to fight it and lost. He did break the law.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    0 times

Yea it's really not worth fighting. I mean ultimately it will comedown to if you had tint or not, but I was just wondering what the process was or if it goes on driving record?

Liked
    33 times

Lol at California...
    DanoDavis and tundra3400 like this.
    2002 Tundra 4x4 Extended Cab. 4.7 V8 Automatic
    Valvoline Synthetic in the Engine. Royal Purple in the rear differential, front differential & transfer case.
    Leer camper shell, matching color. Toyo Open Country AT tires.

Liked
    1986 times
    Images

It isn't a driving offense, it won't go on your record in the way a speeding ticket would. I'm not sure what you mean by not correctable, but if you get the tint removed and have it signed off, it costs about $10 (process fee). If you decide to just pay the ticket and keep the tint, they can get you next day for the same offense. I wish it was a one time deal.

California is the best! We have beaches, beaches mean chicks in thongs. Don't be mad that you have no beaches.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    399 times
    Images

i have gotten pulled over multiple times for tint tickets in cali. but now that all these high school kids and bro's are tryin to "showoff" with powdercoated 12" lift kits and no mud flaps with 3 in spacers on a 14" wide wheel , i dont get pulled over anymore haha. stupid @ss kids.

gotta deal with it man. i always drive with my windows down though just in case. "when in town roll em down."

but, if you get enough of them, it can turn into a serious offense, like impound lot.
    Last edited by ZapcoTundra; 01-23-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    tundra3400 likes this.
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    1986 times
    Images

I bet this guy spends more time on his hair than his chick does, he probably uses those diff covers as his mirror.
    tundra3400 likes this.
    “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Liked
    1671 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by not correctable, but if you get the tint removed and have it signed off, it costs about $10 (process fee).
    I think he means that he does not have the option of removing it and paying a fee; he pays the fine no matter if he strips it off or not. Could be wrong.

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    399 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tundrunk View Post

I bet this guy spends more time on his hair than his chick does, he probably uses those diff covers as his mirror.
    yep, the epitome of a tool
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    4 times
    Images

I go to court on the 28th for my tint ticket. They told me I could remove it and there would be no charge but I'm going to pay the fine and hope for the best. I'm here in San Diego and its the first time I got pulled over for it.
    NEW:
    2005 Tundra DC 4x4 Limited- 5% window tint- Toytec Coilovers set at 2.5"- 1.5" AAL- Fakemaster Super 40- 305/55/20 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ- 20"x10" KMC Revolver.

OLD:
    2001 Tundra V8 4x4 Limited -6" RCD lift -4.88 Gears w/ rear locker -Rocksliders -35"x12.5"x20" Nitto Muds -20"x9" KMC Hoss -Flowmaster Super 40 -5% Tint - Hybrid Emblem- Custom Made skid plate- Q-logic box with 2 8" RF subs and 500W RF amp-

Liked
    1671 times
    Images

^ sounds like a "correctable ticket" if you are allowed to strip it and there is no charge. what was this thread about again?

Search for your answer.

Veteran Member 2003bajatundra4x4ac's Avatar
    Liked
    372 times
    Images

if you can show a CO drivers license and tell the judge you live there, assuming no laws against it in CO, you might get off. tell him you are visiting for another week after the court date. the address you gave on the ticket was your sick granny's house, of course!
    DanoDavis likes this.
    All you Baja lovers check out: http://www.MasOlas.com

Liked
    1671 times
    Images

^ Yeah, I thought that too when I was in Komifornia for three months of training. I got a ticket after two months of being there (guess the po-po didn't like 20% tint all around, something to do with pulling people over and getting shot?). Gave local hotel address and home address in WA that appeared on my license and registration. Since stripping my tint wasn't an option for me as I only had another month in Komifornia and was heading back to WA, I tried the judge thing; I had to pay in full. As with anything, it depends on the donut eater making a decision to pull you over, the judge for deciding to do what is right or doing what the law says, and being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily I made enough in travel per diem to more than cover the ticket and all me expenses in the state of Komifornia. Hell, I even had money left over to get the mustang detailed when I got back home

Search for your answer.