SureTrax Max-Pax - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SureTrax Max-Pax

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

Default Re: SureTrax Max-Pax

bought mine in the off-season and it was much closer to $125 than it was $60. but since you are willing to forego the rest of this winter without it, don't bother. you either need it, or you don't.
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    81 times

I've been driving around for the past two days with the water-filled air mattress and it has made a world of difference. No slipping on the ice/snow and no spinning out in the rain. I am definitely going to buy one. Did you get the mid/compact version (CLW-0048) or full size (CLW0056)? The mid-size is about 8" narrower and holds 300 lbs compared to 400 lbs for the full size. I'm inclined to go with the mid-size not only because it is cheaper, but also because I can fill it up completely. I think 300 lbs. is just about right. 400 lbs. seems like a little much, but I really don't know. What do you think? Get the mid-size and fill it up all the way or get the full size and fill it 2/3 of the way? Is it critical for the bladder to span the entire width between the wheel wells?
    Last edited by mossman77; 01-28-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

i've got the big-daddy. you've got a full-size truck, get the full-size. you've got time to watch prices so just keep an eye on three or four of your favorite websites (include amazon) and pull the trigger when it drops in price that is in your budget. cut-out the weekly happy meals and you can save up enough money to pay for it.

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    81 times

I bought the full size. Manufacturer said the mid-size would work but the grommets would eventually be damaged because of the additional strain exherted by the increased angle with the tie down. Not sure I buy that, but whatever, it was only a $15 difference in price.
    Last edited by mossman77; 01-29-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

that was some BS for sure. make sure you tie it down on all four corners with something other than bungee cords. i use bungee cords, but i have a rubber bedmat and an undercover tonneau so i'm not worried about it going anywhere. use some 1/4 cotton braided line.

Search for your answer.

Liked
    81 times

Do you have yours filled up all the way? Is 400 lbs a bit much in your opinion or just right? I noticed inhibited acceleration when I had the mattress in the bed, but it wasn't too bad. It was definitely much more stable though, no tires spinning, etc. I would say there was about 300 lbs in there.
    Last edited by mossman77; 01-29-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

not filled to the rim

Search for your answer.

Liked
    81 times

SuckersWalk: Should have taken your advice regarding not using bungee cords. I figured it would be ok if I used the more rigid rubber type, but they are came disconnected. I'll be using braided cord as recommended.

Liked
    1776 times
    Images

lol. did you have it up on two wheels? the line will keep it from moving (safer), whereas the bungee cords will give, a lot.

oh yeah, enjoy the bonus feature....a leveling kit that only takes 20 mins to install. it can be adjusted or removed in a matter of minutes. all the cool kids will envy you.
    Last edited by SuckersWalk; 02-04-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Search for your answer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12