Question new foglights !

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rotty

Thread: new foglights !

Liked
    18 times

Default new foglights !

ok got hid foglights from ebay for 100$ i installed them and they are plugged into the factory pre wiring (very convenient ) but now how do i get them to work, i would think you just need to install a fog relay switch or somthing? ive skimmed over diy threads on foglights for the tundra but seems like a lot of work. i have the 2006 tundra double cab 4.7 any help is appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    508 times
    Images

Default Re: new foglights !

if you already have the factory wire harness for the fogs then you will need to atleast get a 4 pin relay from toyota or a toyota parts distributor and a switch as well unless the switch is on the headlight column stick.
    2000 Tundra Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 207,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Sneveys Offroad)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    18 times

i think ill need the switch, because i have three headlight settings, off ,daytime lights, then headlights. if i dont get a switch would the foglights work ?? thanks

Liked
    508 times
    Images

mine didnt on my 2000, you need the relay and switch. there should be knockouts on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. if its prewired, there should be a harness there and it will plug right into the switch. try here for discounted parts: Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Auto Parts and Accessories
    2000 Tundra Platinum Metallic 3.4L V6 SR5 AC 4WD, 207,000 miles and counting, Husky Liners, 5K 35 Watt HID Heads & 5K 60 Watt LED Fogs w/ Fog Mod from IZL, LED Cargo Light, Pioneer 3300UB, redruM69's Quarter Window Arm Mod, Kicker 8" with Custom Box, New Frame via The Rust Recall, 5100s on 3rd Notch, CV Boot Clamp Mod, Hellwig EZ550 Helper Springs, My 1st Gen Anytime Power Window Mod, K&N Air Filter, Electric Fan Conversion (thanks texasranger96), 180 Amp DC Power Alternator, Map Light Mod & LEDs, 285/75r16 Terra Grapplers, Curt Tow Hitch, Keyless Entry, ES Rack Bushings, 30" SR Offroad LED Bar (Sneveys Offroad)
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    7 times

On my 06 I had to add a relay and the switch on the column.

Liked
    508 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rotty View Post
    On my 06 I had to add a relay and the switch on the column.
    switch on the column sounds like a PITA to install. glad mine was on the dash instead.
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)

Liked
    18 times

ok where does this relay install ? in the fuse box in the engine bay ? theres 3 which one haha, and i got a rocker switch ill put in instead of buying the 50$ switch from toyota

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by tundra3400 View Post
    switch on the column sounds like a PITA to install. glad mine was on the dash instead.
    A few screws to take off the column cover and 2 screws for the switch. As far as the location of the relay you need to check the fusebox lid.
    tundra3400 likes this.

Liked
    508 times
    Images

yes the cover on the fuse box in the engine room should tell you were the fog relay goes.
    CBTMA Member

Sometime in the Future:
    Lock-Rite (maybe)