02 Tundra V8 Timing belt kit choices

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 02 Tundra V8 Timing belt kit choices

Liked
    3 times
    Images

Default 02 Tundra V8 Timing belt kit choices

Morning! Looking to replace the timing belt, water pump and everything else necessary with a timing belt job on my 02' Tundra. I've done a bit of research and there are many many options for timing belt kits and the prices range drastically. Anyone have experience with a specific kit or specific brand they'd recommend? Love to go OEM if possible. Need to get this done ASAP as my rig has 114k on it with no timing belt service ever performed. Thank you in advance!

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    163 times

Default Re: 02 Tundra V8 Timing belt kit choices

Check out the VolksToy kits on Ebay. Lots of forum members, myself included, have purchased their kits and have been very satisfied. Ultimate Timing Belt Kit 00 07 Toyota Tundra 4 7L 2UZFE | eBay
    2006 DC 4X4 SR5 Phantom Grey Metallic. Mods include: Full Tint,LED lighting inside & Out. Front End Leveling Kit, 900 watt JBL/Alpine audio System, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, OBX Stainless Steel Headers, Magniflow Muffler, TRD Dual Exhaust, Polyurethane Upper/Lower Control Arm & P/S Rack Bushings.

Liked
    802 times
    Images

If you go several threads down you'll find a pretty good write up by "Beaugentry4" who just completed the job using one of the kits purchased from volkstoy. Between the two threads of his in regards to advice and the write up on doing the job, you should be all set. Good luck.

John
    The fools, the fools the fools! They have left us
    our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these
    graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace!

Padraig Mac Piarais (Patrick Pearse)

Liked
    18 times
    Images

The Volkstoy kit worked well for me. The parts seemed to be of good quality and they were ontop of their customer service.

Liked
    802 times
    Images

If you decide not to go with volkstoy, you can buy all OEM parts here Toyota Parts - Genuine OEM Toyota Auto Parts and Accessories or Toyota Parts at ToyoMotorParts | Genuine OEM Toyota Parts

John
    The fools, the fools the fools! They have left us
    our Fenian dead, and while Ireland holds these
    graves, Ireland unfree shall never be at peace!

Padraig Mac Piarais (Patrick Pearse)

Rookie
    Liked
    3 times
    Images

When it comes to timing belts Id choose not to go cheap. Buy a toyota belt I gotta do mine as well. Im sure the aftermarket ones are great but Ive seen a 4 runner come in with 150k on the factory belt looked good but could tell it was ready for a new one. Good luck!

Liked
    1841 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    the factory belt looked good but could tell it was ready for a new one
    say what?
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    11 times

Definitely volkstoy. Got their master install kit, all oem parts, fast shipping, great communication. highly recommended.
    2000 Tundra 4.7L access cab
    Converted to 5spd manual, 550 ft. lb. clutch
    Downey midlength headers; Custom Y pipe and full dual exhaust completely straight piped; Custom ram air intake; Air conditioner delete; Blacked out grille, bumpers, flares, trim, badges, wheel wells; Painted factory 16" alloys, red calipers and drums; Bilstien 5100's on top notch; Custom rig job front lift (lowered front subframe); Poly bushings all around; Rear add-a-leaf; Home made shackle flip mounts; 2" blocks; Red intake, valve covers, plenum, fuel rails, headers; Fog light mod; 305/70/16 m/t tires

Liked
    63 times
    Images

VolksToy. Use the website and you'll get free shipping when you enter the code (located on the home page of the website).
    2000 Tundra SR5 2WD... Camburg UCAs, Camburg 2.5" coil-overs, Deaver 10-packs, Bilstein 5100s, Moog LBJs, BFG A/T 285/75/16s, TRD bead-lock wheels, K&N air filter, 18" MagnaFlow muffler, clear corners, Sylvania fog/headlights, full LED conversion, Kenwood head unit & 6-3/4" 3-way speakers, Sound Ordnance B-8PT 8" subwoofer, Coverking neoprene seat covers... so far...

Liked
    7 times

I saved some money and used the Aisin kit from Rock Auto because I did not plan to change any of the seals. It had everything I needed. I even opted for the one with the new hydraulic tensioner, but could have saved some money there as well. My hydraulic tensioner was fine.

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

i got the aisin kit off of amazon for $211 it had the tensioner, belt, water pump, and idlers... i thought it was a pretty good deal
    Tones likes this.
    (TRUCK) 2000 tundra limited 4.7 v8 (MODS)2.5 bilstein leveling shocks, custom cat back exhaust, afe stake 2 CAI, wheels are on 265 75r16 bfg AT tires

Liked
    9 times

Quote Originally Posted by toofast121 View Post
    i got the aisin kit off of amazon for $211 it had the tensioner, belt, water pump, and idlers... i thought it was a pretty good deal
    Was it this one?
    Aisin TKT-021 Engine Timing Belt Kit with Water Pump
    2005 D/C 4x4 SR5

Liked
    45 times

I wanna say mine was a Gates? I just had it done last weekend on my '03

Liked
    788 times
    Images

I wouldnt worry too much about NOT going with Toyota OEM parts. Toyota dealerships will RAPE you on cost. Toyota doesnt make the parts, anyway. Just get a good kit that has Aisin or NGK parts, THEY are the ones who make the parts FOR Toyota. Get a good belt though. Make sure there are NO Chinese parts in the kit...You want everything made in Japan.

If you DO decide to go with "Toyota" parts, I believe Camelback Toyota sells a full kit. They are a sponsor for the site, so you might be able to get a 5% discount if you mention you are a TS member. IIRC, Jorge from Camelback posted a thread about their kits in the Vendor Forum.
    Last edited by Stone_Blue; 02-05-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

We don't go by volkstoy any longer. Source1autoparts is our new tag on eBay. Still the same quality OE timing belt components. Reputation is unmatched.
    kerryman71 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.