Shaving things on the 1st gen

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Shaving things on the 1st gen

Liked
    32 times

Default Shaving things on the 1st gen

I searched and found 1 0r 2 threads about shaving stuff, but I wanted to post what Ive done anyway. First things to go where the door mouldings. They look awful on any truck. Upon removing, I realized toyota had been so kind as to privide 6 holes on each side of the truck for them. So lots of shaving there. Next was the rear door handles on my extended cab since there are handles inside. The last thing to go was the antenna, and i didnt even have to move it some place else. I found a great tip on a silverado forum, about running the antenna down the fender. After i finished, the radio reception is absolutely the same as before. Great mod if you have time to paint four fender. The last thing im doing, is I already removed and filled the key hole in the gas cap, and will be modding a push-to-open style mechanism into it like on some lexus and infinity cars. pics to come soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    157 times
    Images

Default Re: Shaving things on the 1st gen

Got my attention, waiting for pic's.

Liked
    32 times

ill have to take more, cant find the ones I had of the step by step process! :'( but ill take some "after" pics and try to upload tonight.

Liked
    31 times

Oh I would so love to get rid of my BSM. Actually saw a first gen Tundra running around the other day with no side molding and it looked really nice. These are clean bodied trucks with essentially no body lines, if I had body and paint experience this would certainly be the first thing on my mod list. Post those pics!

Liked
    32 times

i got the pics, but I am about as tech savvy as the desk the computer sits on. How do i downsize the photos? my droid takes pics at like 3200x3000 or something and the forum says they have to be 1600x1200

Liked
    32 times

I might as well describe the antenna mod. first i took the base off with a tool made for it, I borrowed someones at the shop I work at. Next, i removed the fender liner and moved the antenna to the inside running down the fender towards the front of the truck. a pre existing hole lined up perfectly for me to zip tie the end of the antenna off to the inner fender. Cut out a piece of metal and taced it in and welded it up. Filled with bondo, sanded down and primed. It is a rough cut and will get smoothed out when i paint the truck sometime soon. It was a work truck so there are dents everywhere. After it cooled, I shot the inner fender where the welds were with self etch primer, then rubberized under coat and replaced the fender liner. good as new

Veteran Member
    Liked
    157 times
    Images

You should be able to set the resolution before taking pics! You can't change afterwards. In camera, go to the wrench icon and go down and select resolution. You can change the settings there!

Liked
    270 times
    Images

Im pretty sure you can upload them using the picture icon above where you type your post and they will resize automatically. The image button is just to the left of the film strip icon.

Alternatively, open the pictures in Paint and use the resize option. Do it as a percentage and set it to 25% of original in both directions and save it as a JPEG
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: TrailFX Tube Steps, Uniden CB Radio with PA, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Plastidip Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Exhaust Leaks
    To Do: Diff Fluid, Kenwood DDX419, 5100s Front and Rear set to 1in, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck

Liked
    32 times

resized_o.jpgresized picture3333.jpg

welding up the stuffs

Liked
    32 times

cant get them to show up on the actual post

Liked
    270 times
    Images

Too much resizing, maybe go 50% if you listened to me and went 25% of original
    2001 Black AC V8 4x4

Current Mods: TrailFX Tube Steps, Uniden CB Radio with PA, Recon Tailgate LED Bar, Edelbrock Exhaust, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/R16, Blacked Out Emblems, Plastidip Mirror Caps, Bumpers and Front Grill, Skid Row Skid Plate (Thanks to four_by_four), Full Blue LED interior lighting, Herculiner Bed Liner, Kobalt Low Profile Tool Box, Smitty Built Rear Shackle, Walmart Front AUX lights, JVC Headunit, Kicker Front Components, Pioneer Rear Speakers, Magnefine Filter, Viper Remote Start, Single in-Dual out 2.25in Exhaust
    Thanks to Rust: New Frame, New Calipers, New Rear Axle, Sway Bar End Links, Tailgate Straps, Exhaust Leaks
    To Do: Diff Fluid, Kenwood DDX419, 5100s Front and Rear set to 1in, Diff Drop, Poly Rack Bushings
    Quote Originally Posted by italiantundra88 View Post
    dave, every one has a weekness, yours is just any work on your truck