Double cab owners input

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jjsinaz

Thread: Double cab owners input

Lurking Member
    Liked
    4 times

Default Double cab owners input

I have a 04 D/C and was reading that the 5100 ride a height or the BTS don't really work well on the D/C due to the weight of it, so has anyone used the toytec adjustable coil over kit and liked it more than the 5100. Just let me know what you guys think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    91 times
    Images

Default Re: Double cab owners input

I have the 5100s on my DC and they work great. Ride is a lot firmer and handling is much better. I don't do any serious off-roading, so I was mainly looking to level the truck out, which is why I went with the 5100s. If you're more concerned with the off-road experience, I think I'd go with the coil overs.

06 DC 4x4
    285/60/16 Nittos on Eagle 178s
    Billstein 5100s on 4th notch
    Diff Drop and CV Boot mod

Lurking Member
    Liked
    4 times

Thanks man thats all I want to do to mine is level it out. I will be going with the 5100 then

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

FWIW, I also have a 2004 DC and I put on the 5100s about a year ago. Like you, I just wanted to get rid of the rake and level the truck. It was the best move I've made so far. Everything about the ride is better. I don't abuse the truck and I only have 115k miles on it.

Liked
    91 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by matthinnant View Post
    Thanks man thats all I want to do to mine is level it out. I will be going with the 5100 then
    Just FYI, I got an email from shockwarehouse this morning and it said that Bilstein is increasing their prices Mar 1, so if you can swing it, you might want to pull the trigger before then. That's where I got mine.
    Remmy700P likes this.

06 DC 4x4
    285/60/16 Nittos on Eagle 178s
    Billstein 5100s on 4th notch
    Diff Drop and CV Boot mod

Lurking Member
    Liked
    4 times

So I went to Toyota dealership today and asked them what their leveling kits they used were and they told me Procomp. I was very shocked at hearing this.

Liked
    5 times
    Images

I have Toytec's coilovers and 1' blocks with 5100s for the rear, sitting in my garage waiting to go on my 06 DC 4x4. I was wanting to wait to get my wheels in since Im gonna need the 4.5" backspacing. I had the 5100 lift on my 02 AC and they did fine, it was 2WD. It did change the angle of the UCA and it rubbed on the tires after so used spacers (why Im waiting on wheels). I had them on the second notch from the top an it leveled the truck nicely.
    2006 Tundra DC 4WD Limited Spectra Blue Mica
    Grey leather, 18x9 black Fuel Hostage wheels, Toyo Open Country AT II 285/60 18 K&N drop in, Banks Monster exhaust, Mobil 1 oil, Toytec
    Coilovers, diff drop and 7/8" pinion angled rear blocks with 5100s

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Ok couldn't wait, Toytec is awesome
    2006 Tundra DC 4WD Limited Spectra Blue Mica
    Grey leather, 18x9 black Fuel Hostage wheels, Toyo Open Country AT II 285/60 18 K&N drop in, Banks Monster exhaust, Mobil 1 oil, Toytec
    Coilovers, diff drop and 7/8" pinion angled rear blocks with 5100s

Lurking Member
    Liked
    4 times

So I figured I would update you guys on my progress. I ended up going with the dealerships procomp leveling kit with G2 1.25 wheel spacer and 285 70 17 maxxis big horns which i love and it makes my tundra look mean. I wasnt to sure about the procomp leveling kit but it has shocked me.