Question TRD or not?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TRD or not?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default TRD or not?

Besides the TRD stickers on the bed of my truck how do I know if its an actual TRD? It's an 05 tundra limited stepside. Second, how can I find out if my truck comes with a tow package? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    19 times

Default Re: TRD or not?

My trd came with bilstien shocks;>> yellow an blue>> that is the most common trd package identifier other than the stickers, also the shocks will say toyota some where on them. also you could have the vin checked by toyota to see if it came with a trd package. if your tuck has a towing pakage it should have a 7 pin plug and a 2 inch receiver on the rear bumper. hope that helps you out
    Last edited by overfire; 02-26-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    tundra3400 likes this.

Liked
    718 times
    Images

Dont quote me, but I'm pretty sure the external tranny cooler in front of the radiator waas part of the towing package, and I think the 130 amp alternator (vs 100 amp) also is part of the towing package...
    Sux that Toyota didnt make an E-locker for the Tundies...THAT would be a nice way to tell whether you had a TRD package or not....
    DanoDavis and tundra3400 like this.

Liked
    171 times
    Images

I wish mine was TRD....
    Although when I'm done it will be better!!
    tundrunk likes this.

Liked
    718 times
    Images

Well, the '00-'03 TRD packge was pretty lame...The only "TRD specific" items were the front coil springs and Bilstein HD shocks...Thats IT...The few other items included in the TRD package were normal options you could get WITHOUT getting the TRD...

EDIT: Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot the only other TRD exclusive item: the TRD sticker....Which lots of people pull off, and others add without having a true TRD truck, anyway..

Liked
    198 times
    Images

Skidplate and black flares, I took my sticker off

01 Tundra 4.7L 4x4 AC
    Camburg UCAs, OME coils, Bilstein shocks, Nitto Grappler M/T on AR teflon wheels
    ARB air locker, 4.10 gears, electric fans, undercover snorkel, extended breathers, dvd player, remote start

build thread - http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ol-s-01-Tundra

Liked
    1799 times
    Images

it's not a tUrd until it has a sticker
    2005 Tundra DC Limited 4wd - Phantom Gray Pearl

Search for your answer.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/106548-how-to-search-this-forum/

Liked
    33 times

Quote Originally Posted by sergfuentes View Post
    Besides the TRD stickers on the bed of my truck how do I know if its an actual TRD? It's an 05 tundra limited stepside. Second, how can I find out if my truck comes with a tow package? Thanks
    I'm assuming that you bought the truck used.
    Get your vin # and contact Toyota. Ask them for the specs that the truck came with from the factory. They will send you a list (basically the window info sticker) and you will get what the truck came with standard and optional.
    That is a federal law.
    2002 Tundra 4x4 Extended Cab. 4.7 V8 Automatic
    Valvoline Synthetic in the Engine. Royal Purple in the rear differential, front differential & transfer case.
    Leer camper shell, matching color. Toyo Open Country AT tires.

Liked
    718 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by seanpistol View Post
    Skidplate and black flares, I took my sticker off
    Mine has the skidplate and its not TRD...Also, the black flares w/integrated mudflaps were a separate option also, NOT unique to TRD.

Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Blue View Post
    Dont quote me, but I'm pretty sure the external tranny cooler in front of the radiator waas part of the towing package, and I think the 130 amp alternator (vs 100 amp) also is part of the towing package...
    Sux that Toyota didnt make an E-locker for the Tundies...THAT would be a nice way to tell whether you had a TRD package or not....

stone blue you are right, there is also a trans cooler and upgraded alternator included in towing package yeah to bad about no elocker on the tundras

Liked
    41 times
    Images

all tundra trd offroad pkg has progressive front coils... all other option can be added as an after option. the bilstien is not a trd offroad pkg exclusive as limited trims get bilstiens. the bilstiens r also not hd, the only hd that can be optioned on the tundra was the red/blue bilstiens that came with the ivan stewart pkg.
    Stone_Blue likes this.
    '00 tundra
    '06 sequoia
    '98 forester

Liked
    718 times
    Images

^^ I did not know the Bilsteins could be added without the TRD pkg..Good to know!...So, yeah, that means the TRD pkg for the Tundras sure didnt amount to much at all...Just overpriced marketing hype, I guess...

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I forgot to mention that my tundra sticker says TRD Sport not off road. Any differences?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have the same Stepside truck in white. The TRD Sport includes a rear sway bar,Tokiko Shocks, 3.916 LSD, 17" alloy wheels, fogs, and a bunch of little stuff. It was a $1035 option The Tow Package includes the IV hitch, 130 amp alt, tranny cooler, and 7 pin, at $430. I just replaced the shocks at 130K with Tokiko, supposedly they are well matched to the springs. I like em.
    Good Luck
    Neil

Liked
    20 times

I believe the TRD package included a different sway bar. I noticed when looking to order sway bar bushings there was with TRD and without.
    2005 Tundra Double Cab TRD SR5 4.7L

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best and it removes all that is base. -General George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast