Cabover Campers

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabover Campers

Liked
    0 times

Default Looking for Cabover Campers info

Do any of you use a cabover camper (type that sits in the bed) with your Tundra? Im interested in one, but I dont know much about them. Is the Tundra too small? Who makes a quality Camper that will sleep four?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Son of Odin; 02-09-2004 at 06:12 PM. Reason: type'o

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    0 times

I know nothing about them, but I do recall seeing a pic of a cabover camper in the owners manual for my truck. Something about how to secure it and where the majority of the weight should be centered (over rear axle). I have a regcab though. Dont know if that matters.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Cabover Campers

I too would like to know if there is a cabover to fit the 07 Crewmax (5.5' bed). I checked out the Lance website, there campers are sweet, but it doesn't say what size bed you need.
    2007 Tundra CrewMax Limited
    Slate Metallic
    4x4, Loaded to the gills.

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    Black (Wife's Car)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Even the '07 doesn't have the carrying capacity for most campers. Check out Four Wheel Campers Four Wheel Campers or All Terrain Campers https://allterraincampers.com/ . These are pop-up campers with welded aluminum frames as opposed to wood frames like other campers out there. This makes them the lightest campers available. Because of the light weight and frame, you can take these off road also. But, to keep the weight down, they aren't as luxurious as others.

Ted

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Lance Campers started making a model for Tundras this year

Lance 805 truck camper

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)