Do Toyota employees get vehicle discounts?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Toyota employees get vehicle discounts?

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Question Do Toyota employees get vehicle discounts?

I know GM gives great employee discounts on new vehicles and I was wondering if Toyota did anything similar? Thanks.

"You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile." -C. S. Lewis

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Banned
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by Agent WD-40
    I know GM gives great employee discounts on new vehicles and I was wondering if Toyota did anything similar? Thanks.

ah yea

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Yea they do. My mom worked there and we got several discounts from Toyota. Same thing with service people as well, the get a discount as well. Most car industries do.

Brendon
    Brendon
    2007 Toyota Tundra CrewMax Limited 4x4 5.7
    Silver Sky Metallic, Red Rock Interior, Husky Floor Mats, TRD, Bed Rug, XM, Chrome Tube Bars, Cold Kit, Tow Package, Door Sill Covers, Aftermarket Webasto Sunroof, Valentine One Radar, 2 Kicker L7s in Custom Box, 7" In-Dash Navigation - Alpine IVA-W505, 2 Flowmaster 40 series mufflers - True dual exhaust, 6 Inch Pro Comp Stage II Lift, 355X65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Pro Comp 6047 Wheels, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Front & Rear Expedition One Bumpers, Superwinch, PIAA 510 Fog Lights, Pilot White Lights.
    Upcoming Mods: 20% Tint, Bak Flip Bed Cover, Bushwhacker Fender Flares, More Lift If Possible, New Gears Front and Rear, and Rear Locker..

Liked
    479 times
    Images

When I worked for a Toyota dealer, I could buy 1 Toyota vehicle a year for $100 over invoice. But thaat was Dealer thing; not a Toyota thing.
    Ride: 2001 Tundra SR5, 4WD, The Lean Mean Green Machine, Lift, Front: Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks w/ Total Chaos Diff Drop, Lift, Rear: 1" Wheeler's Blocks, Wheels: Chromed Factory 4Runner Rims, 17", Tires: Bridgestone Revos, 285/70R-17, Performance: Unichip, JBA Titanium Ceramic Headers, Borla Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Optima Yellow-top Battery, "Powered by Decals" decal, Flux Capacitor, Brakes: Upgrade to 2004 Calipers, EBC Slotted/Dimpled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Interior: Dog Hair on Back Seat, Coffee Stains on Console, Bling: Ivan Stewart TRD Grille, Westin Nerf Bars, Clear Corners & Eurotails, Debadged, Audio: Kenwood DDX512 Head Unit, Kenwood KCA-XM100V Satellite Radio Interface, Kenwood KCA-BT200 Bluetooth Interface, Polk Audio db6501 component speakers (Front), Polk Audio db651s speakers (Rear), Profile AP740 4-channel amplifier, Rockford Fosgate 8 Punch subwoofer (x 2) in Q-Logic enclosure, Profile AP700M mono subwoofer amplifier, Audiovox ACA200W Rear-view camera, Shark Fin Antenna, Other: BedRug, Viair 450C compressor, 2.5 Gallon air tank, Kleinn Pro Series 4-Trumpet air horns, Eye Candy: Hottie Wife in Passenger Seat, Security System: One very large Collie and a High-Energy Shetland Sheepdog who isn't that big, but makes up for it in Tenacity.

Liked
    0 times

I work @ TMMC, we get dealer cost plus $1000 cheque when we submit receipt at the plant. For me it was 4k off my new Tundra.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by 4.7 vvt-i
    I work @ TMMC, we get dealer cost plus $1000 cheque when we submit receipt at the plant. For me it was 4k off my new Tundra.
    It looks like according to 4.7 vvt-i if you work at the Toyota factory, then the answer is yes but as far as at the dealer employee level, the answer is no. We do get the dealer deal of $100 over invoice and that is determined by the dealer, not Toyota, but that discount is nothing compared to the programs GM and Ford offer. GM gives the best employee and ex-employee discount of any car maker. The program is called GMS, and the employee can buy it even cheaper than the dealer can, then GM reimberses the dealer. The discount is truely incredible.

I could have bought any GM product I wanted at GMS price, but I still chose the Tundra.

Phil
    05 White TRD D-Cab, SR5, Limited slip, 20" TRD Enkei's with BFGoodrich G-Force TA NT, All weather guard package, factory rear privacy glass with matching front door tint, Toyota bedliner plus bed mat, Toyota/A.R.E. color keyed tonneau cover, overhead console with temp, compass and Homelink, Toyota/Gentex electrochromatic mirror, keyless, mats, TRD aluminum front skidplate, Toyota/Bazooka VSE 100 watt self-powered subwoofer, TRD stainless exhaust tip, door sill guards, Custom TRD matched pin striping with Toyota logos, painted calipers with TRD letters, TRD billet aluminum third brake light cover with true TRD letters, Pioneer AVIC D-3 GPS head unit with IP Buss controlled Pioneer XM radio tuner and iPod interface, Pac remote(maintains steering wheel controls) Polk Audio speakers DB675 two way in rear, Polk DB6750 components in front powered by a Polk C400.4 4 channel amp, seperate amped Aura Pro Bass Shakers under each front seat, Bazooka EL series 8" 100 watt self-powered subwoofer with Polk Momo driver with quick disconnect, Memphis tweeters in rear, back-up sensors (very handy), foglight mod, Sylvania Silverstars in both head and fog lights, added rear halogen back-up lighting, BellTech 6700 1" lowering shackles, Hellwig anti-sway bar, Magnaflow 14586 Stainless muffler, Wheelskins two-tone leather steering wheel cover, Ventvisors for side and rear windows, custom lower grill insert, Hoppy tailgate spring. More to come!

Very funny Scotty, now beam up my clothes!

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4.7 vvt-i
    So that is 4k off sticker? I'm assuming the cash back rebates and incentives don't apply also?

Does this apply to any Scion or Lexus vehicle also?

"You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile." -C. S. Lewis

Liked
    10 times
    Images

All of the big three offer big employee discounts but for a reason. Their inventory levels are out of sight and it's better for them to sell them at a loss than not sell them at all. Gm has far away the highest inventory and is giving employee's a number of purchase discount tickets every month to give to friends and neighbors to help move their junk. The big three has to pay their workers whether they're building cars or staying home so they may as well keep on making product thanks to the UAW . The day Toyota has to revert to such drastic measures because of a Union it's time to find another manufacturer.

Larry
    2004 Tundra V8 Limited Access Cab 4X4, Michelin 265/65/R17 LTX-AT2's, Auto Dim Comp/Temp Mirror, Aero Turbine #2525 muffler, Access Roll Up Cover, Optima D31A battery, Multi-Vex adaptive outside mirrors, Eclipse AVN5510 Nav unit and Sirius SIR-ECL1 tuner, as of 10/07 pictures in my photo gallery

2003 Camry SE V6 Navigation, Sirius, Lunar Mist
    Optima 34R battery

If a combo of all these whizz bangs met their claims you'd have to siphon gas out of your tank every second day and sell the excess horsepower on the third????
    If your engine doesn't consume ANY oil it will seize???

Turn signals are meant to indicate intent not result.

Liked
    0 times

Default Nummi

NUMMI employee gets both GM and Toyota incentives.
    For now... UAW2244 contract ends this August, who knows what gonna happen next since Toyota have a new Taco maker down in TJ. Remember NUMMI is the only union plant that makes toyota vehicle and Toyota told us (when I used to work there as maintenance) that NUMMI is an independent company.
    GM Family First is a very good program, but never had the need or care for it.
    05 tundra dc timberland mica
    stockton, ca

Liked
    0 times

So that is 4k off sticker? I'm assuming the cash back rebates and incentives don't apply also?

Does this apply to any Scion or Lexus vehicle also?
    Yes, thats right, 4k off sticker.With our 15% tax in Ontario its about 5k less than full price. The only incentives here in Canada are finance rates(which aren't that good) apply to us.When I compare the discount GM and Ford give, 4k off isn't very good for someone who works for the company.
    We get the same discount for Lexus RX330 only as it is the model that we produce here and we don't have Scion in Canada yet.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

I get a discount at Lexus,haven't taken advantage of it for myself yet (can't afford it). But I did get a great deal on a GX470 lease for my mom.
    Our affiliate Toyota dealer didn't give me much of a discount,they reamed me just like their normal customers
    2000 Imperial Jade Mica Tundra SR5 V8 4WD - sold to my dad
    2002 Thundercloud Sport Edition 4Runner - my "new" Toyota truck

Liked
    0 times

Brother works at Georgetown, I saved $9000 off sticker on my '04. TMMI had just revised their plan. Toyota's biggest complaint from Employees has been their Employee Discount. The old plan was you bought the vehicle and they sent you a check like mentioned earlier. Last I looked GM and Fords plans where nearlly Identical but are slightly better then Toyota's current plan. Difference in the Ford to GM plan was only in the 100s

Toyota does do discount on the Lexus lines but with restrictions that tend to match with demand....SO no discount on a GS400

Banned
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wacko
    Brother works at Georgetown, I saved $9000 off sticker on my '04. TMMI had just revised their plan. Toyota's biggest complaint from Employees has been their Employee Discount. The old plan was you bought the vehicle and they sent you a check like mentioned earlier. Last I looked GM and Fords plans where nearlly Identical but are slightly better then Toyota's current plan. Difference in the Ford to GM plan was only in the 100s

Toyota does do discount on the Lexus lines but with restrictions that tend to match with demand....SO no discount on a GS400

Lexus Gs400 (4.0 liter v8) is toast now and old school but the new redesigned Gs430 (4.3 liter v8) is a lot better in term of look's and power plant ..Toyota does provide a good discount for it's employees now If i was the Ceo of Toyota Motor Sales I would drive the concept car's to work so nobody else has one and I am the first to set my impressions on it ftx anybody???????

Liked
    0 times

I meant the new GS.....bad thing about this place is everyone is looking over your shoulder and they have some knowledge and more importantly some free time...........

BTW my DC was loaded to the brim so that was one of the reasons I got such a good price...simply you pay more you save more

Schumacher! Need I say more? sevenpedaler's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Default don't be so ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by LGL002
    All of the big three offer big employee discounts but for a reason. Their inventory levels are out of sight and it's better for them to sell them at a loss than not sell them at all. Gm has far away the highest inventory and is giving employee's a number of purchase discount tickets every month to give to friends and neighbors to help move their junk. The big three has to pay their workers whether they're building cars or staying home so they may as well keep on making product thanks to the UAW . The day Toyota has to revert to such drastic measures because of a Union it's time to find another manufacturer.

Larry
    Larry,
    Yes, the union contract is killing GM. The UAW needs to work with management to resolve this issues. Not all unions are structured this way. I am a union member. No seniority, no fat entitlements just work your ass off and get a paycheck-fair. I do the best work in the industry (construction) and will work circles around any non-union scab you send my way. I bought a Tundra because I buy the best product whether it is union made or not. How many FP's at GM draw a paycheck for doing basically the same thing as the guy down the hall? How many exec's are "juiced in" at GM because their frat brother's daddy was a big-wig? Come on, it is just more Republican bull**** propoganda that all unions are bad. And when you mention a union negatively, any union, it is stereotyping which is just as ignorant as racism. Do I think the UAW needs to give back. Hell yeah. Does the owner of my company make a boat-load off my sweaty ass. Hell-yeah. Please watch the negative union talk and tell Pallenty (spell?)to get some balls and sign the transportation bill so we can get some decent roads here in MN.
    Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM
  2. 04-17-2013, 04:06 PM
  3. 03-08-2011, 01:39 PM
  4. 01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
  5. 12-22-2010, 12:23 PM