3/4 Ton Tundra?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Ton Tundra?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 3/4 Ton Tundra

Hi All,
    Does anyone know when the new 3/4 ton Tundra will be out? It is listed at the Toyota site, but no price or delivery dates are given. Thanks, Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by James Irish
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know when the new 3/4 ton Tundra will be out? It is listed at the Toyota site, but no price or delivery dates are given. Thanks, Jim
    Where is it on there site? I did not find it.
    2003 Tundra 4x4 Access cab V-8, SR5, Silver Sky Metallic, TRD Off-Road package, Tow package, LSD, cold weather prep. package, Running boards, Convienence Package, Line-X bedliner, debadged, 4 window visors, Blue Cyber Eyes, $5 rs3200 upgrade , Fog light mod.

2005 Sienna LE 8 PAX, White, Full Curtain airbags, Tow prep package, VSC, Rear Disk brakes, rear audio, aftermarket entertainment center(will be bought soon)

I'm a proud Toyota Bigot!!!
    Midwesterners checkout the midwest forum!Click here

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I couldn't find it either.

From what Iv'e been reading, it's probably not coming out for acouple of years.

Liked
    0 times

I couldn't find it either.
    Where is it on there site? I did not find it.
    Ditto

Liked
    33 times

My sources say 2007 :cry:
    I take the 5th.

Liked
    2 times

Funny you should say Toyota lists a 3/4 ton on there site. Toyota does not use the old rating system of 1/2 ton 3/4 ton etc. They instead use real world weight ratings that really mean something like gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), gross combined weight rating (GCWR), payload and towing capacity.

Even when a heavier duty Tundra is available, these ratings are the only way, as should be, to determine what the truck will be capable of.

When trucks first became popular with the general masses, this "tonnage" rating system was a way of getting to the public how much they were capable of including hauling passengers and what's in the box, so a 1/2 ton truck could safely haul approximately 1000lbs, a 3/4 ton 1500 lbs and a 1 ton 2000lbs. Now a modern "1/2ton" is capable of much more than the 1/2 ton of old. For example a 2005 1/2 Chevrolet ext cab short box 2x4 has a payload of 1583lbs. That is actually a 3/4ton rating of old. The 2005 Tundra in the same configuration as the 1/2 ton Chevy has a payload rating of 1790lbs. This would equate to a 7/8ton in the old system.

My whole point here is Toyota will probably never use the old rating system because they want you to know actual numbers. This way you truly know if it's right for your needs.

Besides, the payload of my DC is 1835lbs. I like being able to say, "nope, it's more like a 7/8ths ton".
    05 White TRD D-Cab, SR5, Limited slip, 20" TRD Enkei's with BFGoodrich G-Force TA NT, All weather guard package, factory rear privacy glass with matching front door tint, Toyota bedliner plus bed mat, Toyota/A.R.E. color keyed tonneau cover, overhead console with temp, compass and Homelink, Toyota/Gentex electrochromatic mirror, keyless, mats, TRD aluminum front skidplate, Toyota/Bazooka VSE 100 watt self-powered subwoofer, TRD stainless exhaust tip, door sill guards, Custom TRD matched pin striping with Toyota logos, painted calipers with TRD letters, TRD billet aluminum third brake light cover with true TRD letters, Pioneer AVIC D-3 GPS head unit with IP Buss controlled Pioneer XM radio tuner and iPod interface, Pac remote(maintains steering wheel controls) Polk Audio speakers DB675 two way in rear, Polk DB6750 components in front powered by a Polk C400.4 4 channel amp, seperate amped Aura Pro Bass Shakers under each front seat, Bazooka EL series 8" 100 watt self-powered subwoofer with Polk Momo driver with quick disconnect, Memphis tweeters in rear, back-up sensors (very handy), foglight mod, Sylvania Silverstars in both head and fog lights, added rear halogen back-up lighting, BellTech 6700 1" lowering shackles, Hellwig anti-sway bar, Magnaflow 14586 Stainless muffler, Wheelskins two-tone leather steering wheel cover, Ventvisors for side and rear windows, custom lower grill insert, Hoppy tailgate spring. More to come!

Very funny Scotty, now beam up my clothes!

Liked
    0 times

Default 07 3/4 Ton

Ditto on 2007. I went to the dealership where I bought my Tundra from and the sales manager told me in 2007. Now, I don't know if that means it is going to be a 07 or 08 model, but it is supposed to have a diesel option.

Liked
    0 times

Default 3/4 request

I'll be ready for it in 07 or 08. I want mine with 4wd, a good LSD, manual tranny and lots of HP. Anyone else dreaming...?

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default 3/4 ton

Yes, enough HP would be nice. Say, 395 or better.

Liked
    25 times
    Images

I'd like them to produce a very off-road capable truck like Dodge currently offers. Say front and rear electric lockers, an integrated winch, larger front and rear diffs and a range of gear ratios 3-91, 4.10, and 4.56. Give the thing a 3" lift from the factory, or at least redesign the control arms to afford better ball joint angles at lift, and bolt on some real skid plates made from some high tech kevlar, carbon fiber or plastic.
    It's nice to dream...
    2001 Factory Ivan Stewart edition.
    Undergoing a total rework
    Suspension: 3-link SAS w/ 12" coilovers Chrome moly arms w/R. E. flex joints, Alcan 7-leaf springs, home made shackle flip, U-bolt flip kit, homemade traction bar, Bilstien 5150 14" travel rear shocks on O.R.S. mounts
    Chassis/Steering/Brakes: rebuilt IFS steering box with 1.5" X 8" stroke ram, braided lines, , GM 1/2 ton master cyl, manual porpotioning valve, Classic Performance drop down battery box mounted under the bed
    Engine/Trans: Ongoing Cummins 6BT turbo-diesel conversion
    DriveTrain/Wheels/Tires: Front High Pinion Dana 60, 4.10, GM 14 full floating rear axle assembly w/disc brakes,
    Body and Armor: ARB front bumper, T-Max 9500, Synthetic winch rope, Delrin rollers, Line-X bed liner, Rhino coated homemade roof rack, snorkel, rock sliders, and rear bumper/slider, roof, and lower side body Rino liner coated, 4 Pro-Comp lights 130 watt driving lights, 2: roof rack, 2: bumper mounted
    Electrical/Other: VDO and TRD boost gages, AutoMeter EGT, dash mount gage pod Mega-Fuse electrical bus, Master electrical on/off switch

No Really, I swear, I'm Done.. Imdone's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by flyin6
    I'd like them to produce a very off-road capable truck like Dodge currently offers. Say front and rear electric lockers, an integrated winch, larger front and rear diffs and a range of gear ratios 3-91, 4.10, and 4.56. Give the thing a 3" lift from the factory, or at least redesign the control arms to afford better ball joint angles at lift, and bolt on some real skid plates made from some high tech kevlar, carbon fiber or plastic.
    It's nice to dream...
    I'm with ya!!!

Toyota of old has been known for off-road capability, they need to get back to their roots.

3/4 ton truck that can actually go on something other than pavement or dirt road out of the box would be sweet. I would pick one up straight away!!!

08 Silver Crewmax 5.7 4x4 SR5...
    TRD S/C, RBP, ICON, CAMBURG, ALCAN, AMP RESEARCH, TOYO, ECLIPSE, SAVV, FOSGATE, KICKER, JL AUDIO, V-LEDS, PIAA, HELLA, MBRP, TIMBREN, HYPERTECH
    www.wheelersoffroad.com for all your suspension needs!!!

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

How about a 60mpg engine. I had a guy that works at the Hickory Toyota dealer tell me they were testing one on a Tundra. Is it possible?

Liked
    0 times

Another rumor is that there is going to be a hybrid engine in the Tundra in the near future.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Default 60 mog

Quote Originally Posted by allrightnow
    How about a 60mpg engine. I had a guy that works at the Hickory Toyota dealer tell me they were testing one on a Tundra. Is it possible?
    NOPE !!

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by rogbarb
    NOPE !!
    You're probably right, but it is interesting what a salesperson will tell you. However, there have been 50mpg carbuerators rumored for years and that the oil companies bought all the patents up and hid them. Well, at least according to my father-in-law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-23-2013, 06:38 AM