SR5 vs. Limited

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SR5 vs. Limited

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default SR5 vs. Limited

I'm looking to purchase a Tundra and like the idea of a chrome bumper and grill insert. I guess that makes it the SR5. To my read an SR5 can be equiped quite close to that of a Limited except for the power front captain's chair. How big of a deal is the power front seat? Does the power seat offer more adjustment? Is the manual seat in the SR5 height adjustable?

Also, does anyone have the side curtain airbags? and do they operate for the back seat. I've got three you boys and safety is a priority. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Hey emaki,

The non-electric captain chair is height adjustable
    2005 Tundra A/C Stepside 4x2
    Natural White/Light Charcoal Cloth
    TRD Sport Package
    Towing Package
    Cloth Captains Chairs
    JBL 6 Disk/6 Speaker CD
    All Weather Guard Package
    Carpet Mats
    Toyoguard Plus Protection Group

Liked
    0 times

I actually prefer manual seats. Less to go wrong and more room below the seat to store or mount stuff. The manual seats adjust front/back, up/down, and tilt. The up/down is a bit weird. At first I thought there just wasnt' that much adjustement and couldnt' get it as high as I like. Then I found out you operate it like a jack and keep jacking it up until you get to the height you want.

Really, the only reason I can see for wanting power seats is if more than one person drives the vehicle, but even then, since I'm 6'5", manual adjustment is pretty quick...all the way back, all the way up.
    2003 Sequoia SR5 4x4 - Phantom Gray, OEM hood protector, pin stripes, chrome exhaust tip, Nifty "Catch-all" mats, driver seat heater
    2006 Tundra SR5, DC, 4x4, Salsa Red, Advance Cover, Nifty "Catch-all" mats, Line-X, Hellwig Anti-sway Bar, 3M StotchCal Paint Protection Film

Liked
    0 times

The electric seat was one of the things I didn't like on my 2000 Tundra Limited they were very slow and had issues of tearing right above the electrical control switches(mine had 3 tears in it ). I'm not sure if they corrected this on the newer models?

I now have a 06 SR5 and I like the chrome inserts and chrome mirrors better than the monochromatic colors of the Limited(thats just my opinion and they both are very nice )

Liked
    0 times

I didn't care for the power driver's seat either. I tested one while looking for my DC. For me (IMPO)... the adjustments are limited... especailly, backward settings. I couldn't get the seat section back far enough, for my 6' 2" frame to feel all that "comfy", which actually surprized me given how big the DC is. Anyone any taller would REALLY have felt cramped! Now that I have the manual seat... I'm glad I got them, instead of the power seats.

Afterall... powers seats are just one more thing to "break" and cause future headaches with the expense of repairing power seats. At least that's how I look at it.
    2004 SR5 Double Cab 4x4 w/TRD Pkg.
    Mods to Date:
    16" 5 Spoke Brawn Enkei Wheels, Keyless Entry, Line-X Bed Liner, Challenger Running Boards, Husky Floor Liners, Bug Flector II (painted to match), Colegan Bra, Borla Dual (Side-Exit) Exhaust System, 2" Wheeler's Coil Lift, TRD Add-A-Leafs
    Mods to Come:
    265/75/16 BFG A/T's,
    Possible Mods:
    Seat Covers, 3M Clear Bra (hopefully... just cost so friggin' much!)

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Safety wise, I'm not sure about the Double Cab. I just got in a head on collision at about 70 MPH with my new 05 AC 4x4 :cry: . But I was mostly Ok, broken foot, sore as hell. My brother (6'5") was brusied up but ok, front passenger seat. His wife (5'9") behind him in the AC walked away with minimal soreness. The AC isn't the roomiest for people in the back but I'd def. recommend it for safety. Saved my life, no doubt. NO Side Airbags though, next truck I get I'm gonna look for the side bags. And maybe a DC instead of AC? Good luck with your choice.

Liked
    0 times

I love my power seat. Have ridden in trucks without it and I just can't get comfortable. And I'm 6'8" tall...
    Interior- Alpine 9835 & KCA-420i * Diamond s600s * JL 300/2 * CDT CL-6X * JL Stealthbox * JL 250/1 * 20 GB iPod* Matrix RS3.5

Exterior- Yokohama Geolander A/T* 4% Tint * IS Grille * IS Wheels * Camburg/TW Coilovers * Camburg UCA's * Bilstein 5100's * IS Flares

BOOST ME

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default Had both

I prefer non power. Seems to me like there is more adjustment and it is faster.

Looks like side air is for front and back
    "Driver and front passenger seat-mounted airbags and front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags (RSCA)"

http://www.toyota.com/tundra/models_dcab.html
    '05 Tundra DC TRD 2 WHL: The TOW truck, Spectra Mica Blue, with Kenwood H/U, Kenwood Amp and crossover. Infinity 6010cs, 10" Rockford SUB, 6 disc CD Changer mounted in Center console, SWI-X to retain steering wheel controls, 7" TV with DVD. Tinted Windows, Three chamber Flowmaster, Painted front chrome strip

1994 Toy: The TOY Standard cab, Long travel front pulling13" w/Double fox w/Res, Deaver rear at 18" w/Single 2.5 18" fox w/Res., full glass, Bumper to Bumper cage, Gusseted frame, PRP seats, Crow harnesses, Custom steering(All Heims & Chromoly), Grant steering wheel, Smoothest ride around. OH by the way only 70,000 miles.

Liked
    2 times

i, too, enjoy the power adjustable seat on the driver's side. wish the passenger side had one when i'm riding over there.

for me, the lumbar support makes all the difference. plus, i like being able to make slight adjustments on long trips to move the pressure points around.

head and leg room not such an issue. i'm 5'11" and can get pretty comfortable between the seat adjustments and steering wheel tilt.

don't know if these changed for 06, but in the 04 models, the following weren't available on the SR5 trim level:

heated seats (only available with leather trim)
    leather trim package (two-tone in my DC, real nice tan and brown combo)

also, to consider when pricing:
    - limited comes standard with 17" alloys - figure 1,000 or more aftermarket to upgrade and i personally would, am considering going to 18s myself due to the curvey roads around here
    - power color keyed outside mirrors with defrosters not standard on sr5
    - premium audio (8 speaker jbl) not standard on sr5 (six disc changer is optional on limited)
    - anti-theft w/ remote keyless entry not standard on sr5 (security safety issue)
    - standard fog lamps not standard on sr5 (security safety issue)

Again, all I have is the 04 tundra info. 06 things may be different. One thing I remembered from shopping around was it is very difficult to keep all the options in my head. I would look at a truck and think it had everything until I went through the list and figured it out item by item. These trucks come in all different shapes and sizes. If you're buying used, check it over carefully. If you're ordering new from a dealer, make darn sure everything is in writing. They are really good at playing the shell game with you on options to shave a few more hundreds (or thousands!) in profit.

usually, (not always) building a custom lower trim level up to a higher one is going to cost more piecemeal then buying the next trim level up outright due to the cost to customize a special order. for example, to add leather to an SR5, the dealer wanted 1,500 - you can buy the kit for 700. foglights? i've heard 1,200 to upgrade once it's sold without them. to add LSD and have the dealer do it, figure 1200 to 1800. buy it as an option and it's under 300. (and you definitely want it!)

if all you really want is the chrome grill and bumper, get the limited and special order the grill and bumper or get them aftermarket or from eBay or a junkyard and install yourself. that way you get all the cool factory features and the look you want at the same time. heck, they might even give you credit for taking the SR5 grill and bumper on a limited! (yeah, right!)

Just a few thoughts.... hope it helps.

Did I mention I love my truck???? It's snowing right now - first one of the season here in midwest... wheeeeeeee.....

Liked
    0 times

I prefer the power seat version as well, you are able to select the most comfortable position for your body and driving situation unlike some factory manual seats I've had in the past one notch up to close one notch back a bit to far for my comfort no happy medium w/ electric you will be able to get that happy medium just what the doctor order plus the lumbar is a plus on those long trips
    2004 DC Limited 4x4 Salsa Red
    Truxedo lo pro tonneau cover
    Remote start
    Debadged

Liked
    0 times

I went with the SR5 to get away from the leather seats. Yeah, I know technically they are an option w/ the LTD, but try to find a LTD without them. I had leather seats in my '99 4Runner LTD and I liked them, but the wife and kids didn't. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter. The heated seats would take care of the winters, but not the hot seats in the summer. About the only thing I miss with the manual seats is the adjustable lumbar support. I got my truck with just about everything else that came w/ the LTD except for the alarm system. The one thing I wouldn't do w/o is my sunroof.

Banned
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by emaki
    I'm looking to purchase a Tundra and like the idea of a chrome bumper and grill insert. I guess that makes it the SR5. To my read an SR5 can be equiped quite close to that of a Limited except for the power front captain's chair. How big of a deal is the power front seat? Does the power seat offer more adjustment? Is the manual seat in the SR5 height adjustable?

Also, does anyone have the side curtain airbags? and do they operate for the back seat. I've got three you boys and safety is a priority. Thanks for the help.

Safety is a big Priority living In the Atlanta area since it's a knowen fact we dont have the best driver's in the country .The side airbag's are only in the Double Cab and located in front seat's (option NOte) the rear has side airbags curtain's same with front but to my knowledge NO airbag's are located on the rear seatback's like the front. Since I've had a side impact in my last Tundra It's best to say I didn't feel there needed in this truck because the door beam's are very strong but it's an option worth looking into. Tundra I wished had side airbag's on the access cab but currently will not happen in this body style wait till the all new Tundra comes out in 2007 which will have all that..

ERIK

This is my side impact damages from a chevy s10 that broadsided my Tundra @ 45mph Sept 8 this year In Atlanta and I walked out of it.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photo...k00georgia.jpg

Packages as far as (limited) vs (SR5) it all depend's on what you seek out limited add's color keyed mirror's leather or cloth and a higher price msrp . Most on Ts go with the Sr5's and you can add all the limited's extras on any tundra beyond that I don't justify the price on the Limited because your just getting a few more extra's bells and it's nothing special in my opinion. Now if you really want something special look at the Xsp package Tundra which adds 20 inch enkie wheel's borla dual's and a special edition xsp logo on the head rest that truck rock's..
    Last edited by cubic22; 12-08-2005 at 09:24 AM. Reason: img too big..changed to url

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.