Tundra Camper Shells!!

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By azbronco96

Thread: Tundra Camper Shells!!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Tundra Camper Shells!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new hear so don't get mad if the question has already been asked. I search awhile and found nothing on this topic.
    I have an 05 double cab tundra. i want an inexpensive camper shell to put on my tundra. where can i get a used camper shell for 05 tundra or what older model trucks have the same size bed as the 05 double cab tundra. i am moving form CA to CO and I just need the top for the move so my stuff doesn't get covered in snow. someone out there please help

thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by t.moore
    I just need the top for the move so my stuff doesn't get covered in snow. someone out there please help

thank you
    I think I would just go this route and call the manufacturer to see if they make one that would fit temporarily.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sports-i...rsotopcac.html
    2004 Toyota Tundra V6 Reg Cab 2wd Auto (Phantom Gray)

Options - Tilt wheel, Intermittent Wipers, AC, Mudflaps, Cold weather package, Bed liner (removed), Carpet floor mats, Trailer hitch receiver, Door sill protectors

Mods - Cruise Control w/factory dash indicator, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar, Chromatic Mirror w/Temp & Compass, Phantom Gray Door Edge Guards, PT Industries Raptor SS Nerf for Access Cab, Fog Lights w/Factory Head Lamp Switch; Great Covers velour seat cover, 2004 Reg Base Cab Cargo Light Mod (use factory switch, no light when door opened), 2004 Reg Base Cab Auto Headlight Off Disabled Mod (lights stay on when door opened); SR5 Chrome Wheel Arch Moldings; Chrome power & heated side mirrors w/factory heat switch;Burlwood control faceplate & door switch panels; Overhead console w/garage opener & Luxeon Star LEDs; Alpex #244 Chrome dual air horns - 118db - 405Hz/450Hz - 15A; Horn baffle removal mod; Rostra Radar Backup Sensors;Pilot PL-250 Backup 55w Lights; H4 Osram Silverstar Headlights; Enkei Brawn II alloys; 245/70/16 Revos; Power Outlet Mod; Ltd Visors w/lights; RainTracker rain sensor; Factory power windows; Manik tail light SS guards #925659SP; Power door locks (DEI relay module 451M); ATS grill;ARE MX camper shell (full side screens & w/o vista window); CompuStar 2W900FM(S) Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Ignition Auto Lock;Bed Carpet Kit w/Couch & Storage Boxes; Pop&Lock PL8500 Pwr Tailgate Lock; WeatherTech Mats, TRD LSD

Liked
    0 times
    Images

you have an 05 and you want to find something used. good luck. just buy a shell get what you want and use it over time.
    The next "mod" you should do is put a couple of handles on it so you can toss it in the trash.

Liked
    0 times

Each truck has a specific bed size and shape. Unless you want to look like Red Green or the Beverly Hillbillies you will have to buy a new shell or a used one off of a Tundra DC. You can get a basic shell for about $1,000 new. ARE shell dealer will sometimes give you a discount with a Costco Card.

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

Just a thought-- I wanted a temporary cover for my stuff when I moved from Ohio to Az in the winter. Built a shell out of plywood and 2x4. Cost was about 60.00 if I recall. Took about 3 hours and was easy to dispose of-burned it in a campfire.
    Azbronco96
    RegCabLongBed likes this.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I have a soft topper on my Tundra. I took it off of my T100 when I traded it in. It is a cavas "shell" with an aluminum frame. It folds up next to the cab when I don't need it and takes about 5 minutes to put up when I do. I love the thing. I got it for about $600. I have had it on the interstate at about 90 mph and it hangs in there just fine. The best thing is that it folds up like a convertible top. You can take it off or I just leave it on in case me and the wife are out grocery shopping and it starts to rain. I think the website is www.softopper.com.

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Tundra Camper Shells!!

I should've looked into that earlier. I thought they only made them for the Tacoma's with the short bed. I got a soft tonneau cover for $210 if i remember correctly, but i would love to get the soft topper instead. Much more practical and it looks easier to put up and take down plus i can sit in the back when it rains.

Liked
    6 times
    Images

I agree make it outa cheap lumber, tarp over the goods for protection.
    dont ever park in a dark alley
    shells are hard to obtain quickly and cheaply.

Liked
    0 times

Try Craigslist.org in OC and LA counties. You might have to drive a bit to find the right one.

I found a 3 year old Snugtop for a very reasonable price. Fits perfect.
    "If it hasn't broken yet, its probably too heavy." - Colin Chapman

LinkBacks (?)