Has anyone ever gone thru arbitration and is it a waste?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone ever gone thru arbitration and is it a waste?

Liked
    0 times

Default Has anyone ever gone thru arbitration and is it a waste?

Hello, sorry for so many negative post but trying desperately to get my problem solved with the shudder/vibration on my 05 DC. Just got off the phone with Toyota customer service and the person I talked with listend to my problem and then asked me what I wanted done about it? He said it sounded like the dealers have done all they can do and he would send my case to a higher up and see if they recommend a buyback(yeah sure they will). I told him I just wanted my truck fixed or to buy the dang thing back! I will see what the higher up exec says when and if they call back. Was told it may be a few days (normal). He was first going to send me the arbitration papers but said he would pass it on up the ladder first. Man, would that make me a happy camper if they took this POS back!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Has anyone ever gone thru arbitration and is it a waste?

Read your private email from this site.

Liked
    0 times

While I don't know the specifics in this case, generally if you agree to arbritration you're stuck with the result, regardless of whether you think it's the correct judgement or not.
    2003 Sequoia SR5 4x4 - Phantom Gray, OEM hood protector, pin stripes, chrome exhaust tip, Nifty "Catch-all" mats, driver seat heater
    2006 Tundra SR5, DC, 4x4, Salsa Red, Advance Cover, Nifty "Catch-all" mats, Line-X, Hellwig Anti-sway Bar, 3M StotchCal Paint Protection Film

Liked
    0 times

I think what Toyota really needs to know is that when someone has a bad expirience, they get on internet boards (like this) and taint potential buyers (like me). If the problem is legit, they need to take care of it..... if it is not, they need to take care of you (in court). That's how the net works these days.

Honestly, I went to other truck forums b'f deciding on the Tundra and there are TONS of issues on those boards and even the drivers on those boards have only good things to say about the Tundra, other than the occasional "it's 7/8 of full sized" or "it can't tow 10000 lbs" crap. In reallity, the Tundra DC has as much or more usable interior room than the comp and go see what happened to those Ford, Nissan and GM guys who actually tried to tow 10K lbs On 3 tundra forums I've checked, I could count on one hand the number of people I saw complaining about serious quality issues.

Dude, your Toyota appears to be an anomaly and I truly hope you can get it fixed. OTOH, I could go on for pages about the issues Nissan and the big three owners are having on a regular basis.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lenny7
    While I don't know the specifics in this case, generally if you agree to arbritration you're stuck with the result, regardless of whether you think it's the correct judgement or not.
    Not true. You always have the right to sue someone or a company. You need to read your contract though. Usually your required to go through litigation or arbitration first. Then you have the right to sue. If you sue somone before you do what the contract specifies then you are more than likly going to lose the suit because you broke the contract.

Often what happens in arbitration that is not court ordered is both parties already know they are not going to agree so they show up, make their position known and walk away.

Also it only costs a few hundred bucks to sue someone. You could always just file a lawsuit just to get their attention. Might get somthing done.

Chris

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by CMB1998
    Not true. You always have the right to sue someone or a company.
    I'm no legal expert, but in the few agreements I've read, when you agree to arbitration you also agree not to file suit. Otherwise binding arbitration isn't very binding. What you're talking about is advisory arbitration.

I found these interesting sites on arbitration, though I'll agree the matter is far more complex than I'll ever understand:

http://law.freeadvice.com/litigation...on_appeals.htm
    http://law.freeadvice.com/litigation...on_binding.htm

More stuff here
    http://www.hg.org/adradd2.html

But hey, I'm no lawyer. I bet if the original poster read the fine print in his sales contract, he'd find he already agreed to arbitration.
    2003 Sequoia SR5 4x4 - Phantom Gray, OEM hood protector, pin stripes, chrome exhaust tip, Nifty "Catch-all" mats, driver seat heater
    2006 Tundra SR5, DC, 4x4, Salsa Red, Advance Cover, Nifty "Catch-all" mats, Line-X, Hellwig Anti-sway Bar, 3M StotchCal Paint Protection Film

Liked
    0 times

I started down this past with Chevy on my old Blazer. It was in the shop 14 times in the first year for various problems. I contacted the BBBAutoline which helps in these situations. They told me that if I won, I'd have to pay back my rebate, mileage and any excessive wear and tear on the vehicle. For me that was almost 8k just to walk away from the truck, didn't make much sense obviously. Instead, Chevy offered me a counteroffer and provided me a premium extended warranty to 5 years and 60k miles or something like that. Anyhow, in my case I bailed before the case reached an arbitrator because had I won, it would have cost me too much. The Virginia Lemon Law wasn't applicable in my situation but I don't recall why.

Anyhow, this was my situation and certainly unique to me. My advice to you is to keep working with Toyota and their upper Mgmt. The Tundra is a great truck as you've heard. Yours is an exception obviously. Also realized that you are probably overly sensitive at this point to the problem. Don't let that fool your perspective and try to be objective. Work with the BBB and other consumer organizations that can help. Good-luck

Liked
    0 times

dexley, Im going to see what happens. I remember how well I liked this truck when I first got it, made a trip fun to go on, well, until gas hit 3.31 here. Im really just as disappointed in my dealers attitude toward me as the truck problem. I dont care if you own a Toyota or a yugo, the service makes the difference big time. Bad service leaves a taste in your mouth for a long time.

Liked
    0 times

I have a neighbor that had a Titan. It had multiple problems and Nissan bought it back. So it does happen. Good luck.
    2005 Tundra SR5 DC TRD Package
    Phantom Grey Pearl
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    K & N Filter
    Westin Nerf Bars

MB Razor Wheels

Liked
    16 times
    Images

Hey Folks-

Gentle reminder of Forum rules, specifically

"No threads or posts containing discussions regarding legal action against any company or discussions of "lemon laws" may be posted. These threads or posts will be removed without notice."

Additional Posting Guidelines available HERE

Thanks
    -------------------------

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by TMS2U
    Hey Folks-

Gentle reminder of Forum rules, specifically

"No threads or posts containing discussions regarding legal action against any company or discussions of "lemon laws" may be posted. These threads or posts will be removed without notice."

Additional Posting Guidelines available HERE

Thanks
    Sorry, did not mean to break any rules. Im knew at these forums.

Liked
    0 times

Find out which region you are & thats the mngmt team you should be dealing with. Getting there is a pain but they should be fair once you get on their radar screen. Best of Luck

04_PHANTOM_DC

I had a brand new Chrylser product that after well documented service problems they had to buuy it back from me using the yellow fruit law. Although it took 8 months to fully resolve and lots of my time it did work. If you have things well documented that law is there to help the consumer.

My 2 cents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.