Program Keyless Entry Remote

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Program Keyless Entry Remote

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Program Keyless Entry Remote

I have a 2004 Tundra Double Cab with dealer installed(I think) keyless entry. The remote has FCC ID ELVAT1B with 2 buttons on the front (these 2 buttons are not in the center of the remote, they are towards the left side of the remote) and 1 emergency button on the back. One of my remotes works fine, but the other doesn't work (has a new battery). Does it just need to be reprogrammed or is it bad? How do I program this "bad" remote?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up Re: Program Keyless Entry Remote

Instructions in the owners manual worked like a champ in my new '06 DC.

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    17 times

Default Re: Program Keyless Entry Remote

Quote Originally Posted by the4hornes
    I have a 2004 Tundra Double Cab with dealer installed(I think) keyless entry. The remote has FCC ID ELVAT1B with 2 buttons on the front (these 2 buttons are not in the center of the remote, they are towards the left side of the remote) and 1 emergency button on the back. One of my remotes works fine, but the other doesn't work (has a new battery). Does it just need to be reprogrammed or is it bad? How do I program this "bad" remote?

Thanks,
    Mark
    You have A Sercurikey+ system and need the instructions for that type of system.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I'm in the same boat as 4Hornes was (2004 Tundra DC). Distributor installed keyless entry with ELVAT1B remote. There is no Valet LED light on the dash, there is no ECU etc. I have seached endlessly on how to reprogram my remote. Any help?

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Thats a few of us.....I'm in the same boat. Spent a good half hour reading through threads that were of no help or contradicted each other. I made a post in a subscriber thread and shelled out $25 hoping to get an answer.

I have the same style keyless as you except my FCC ID is ELEVTDD......

Lurking Member
    Liked
    1 times

Was at the dealer today, they want to charge me $40 to program the remote. How does that sound?

Sounds high for knowing the right sequence to open and close my doors while turning the ignition. I'm surprised no one here knows. I should have saved my $25 subcriber fee and spent it on the dealer to program

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

You can get the instructions for free by calling Gulf States Toyota at 1-800-444-1074

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Try this website. It worked fine for my 4 Runner.
    Good luck!
    programyourremote.com

Liked
    2 times

Okay, for those of you (like me) that have this remote #ELVAT1B and do NOT have a security system installed, I finally got the remote programmed. I, too only had one remote and finally the battery died so I changed it. Remote no worky after that. I searched around here and found several threads and called Gulf States Toyota and their tech was EXTREMELY helpful.

The tech walked me through the programming for my 04 Tundra DoubleCab but we were unable to successfully program the darn remote. He asked if I wanted him to email me some PDF files for this keyless system and I told him yes of course.

In the file "multi_vehicle_gst_keyless_identification_programm ing_guide_audiovox_1997_07.pdf" it says on page one below first remote pictured (GST Part# 00012-KS004) *NOTE: Keyless Entry w/Security is installed in the Celica and Rav4, but Keyless Entry ONLY is installed in the Corolla, Camry and Tundra D Cab (2004-2006). Going to page three of thirteen in that PDF you come to the GST Keyless Programming Guide. Which is as follows:

Step 1: To get started, enter the vehicle and close all doors, then lock the doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 2: Turn the vehicle's ignition key ON then OFF 7 times ....ending in the off position. (personal observation was that no time necessary to wait between cycles)

Step 3: Press and Hold the Lock button on the transmitter (remote) until the Driver's Door Unlocks. (personal observation was that my doors didn't unlock but once I held the lock button on the remote for a couple seconds, I pressed unlock and all doors unlocked. This seems to conflict with another manual that says for step 3 to press and hold the unlock button until driver's door unlocks. You may have to try both to see what works for your vehicle.)

Step 4: Lock all doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all transmitters that you need to program to operate the vehicle. Max of 4 per vehicle.

I hope this helps some people and saves some of you guys the 40-50 bucks the dealers want to do this for you. I will post this in several threads concerning this problem.
    2004 Green Tundra DC SR5 V8 with stock alloy rims, leather, moonroof, nerfbars, bedliner, keyless entry, steering wheel radio control, JBL Audio, bedliner, power rear window, foglights.

Liked
    0 times

Hmmm....

I have a 2006 Tundra DC "XSP". I was thinking this was the same as the SR-5, just a few extra things? According to the Tundra sales brochure, the Security System with keyless entry is standard on the SR-5 DC.

I take it this is not the case? As I have the key fob with the FCC code ELEVATDD too. So this is just keyless? No alarm?

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by 68KANE View Post
    Step 1: To get started, enter the vehicle and close all doors, then lock the doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 2: Turn the vehicle's ignition key ON then OFF 7 times ....ending in the off position. (personal observation was that no time necessary to wait between cycles)

Step 3: Press and Hold the Lock button on the transmitter (remote) until the Driver's Door Unlocks. (personal observation was that my doors didn't unlock but once I held the lock button on the remote for a couple seconds, I pressed unlock and all doors unlocked. This seems to conflict with another manual that says for step 3 to press and hold the unlock button until driver's door unlocks. You may have to try both to see what works for your vehicle.)

Step 4: Lock all doors by using the door lock switch mounted on the driver's door panel.

Step 5: Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for all transmitters that you need to program to operate the vehicle. Max of 4 per vehicle.

I hope this helps some people and saves some of you guys the 40-50 bucks the dealers want to do this for you. I will post this in several threads concerning this problem.

Just to clarify, when I did the procedure above, the "ON" - "OFF" key turn above only worked when I tried an "ACC"-"ON" switch rather than truly on/off.

All the documentation I had says on/off. But like I said, mine didn't work until I tried acc/on.

Thank you for the info though. Any trip to the dealer that is diverted is well worth the time.
    Lee

2006 Toyota Tundra DC 4wd XSP
    Bassani X-pipe, Flowmasters, Line-X Bedliner

2004 Harley Night Train
    2006 Harley Ultra Classic

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by bscott_n_cc View Post
    Try this website. It worked fine for my 4 Runner.
    Good luck!
    programyourremote.com

Worked perfect, first try, for my 2006 Tundra Darrell Waltrip Edition Double cab!!!