How do I replace the Integration Relay? - Page 2

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums Ė General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I replace the Integration Relay?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Talking Re: How do I replace the Integration Relay?

Ok,
    Since no one has officially said how to actually replace this, I'll give my input.
    I currently have a Solara that the lights turn back on after the dome light timer times out.
    The integration relay is a white plastic box on the back of the fuse block.
    It does not require removing the fuse block to get it off.
    It is a white plastic box approx 3" x 5" and approx 1.5" thick.
    To remove it turn yourself upside down under the dash, and look up behind the fuse block.
    You will see two connectors one which is large with approx 10 wires in it, and a small one with 4 or so.
    Push in the locking tab, and remove the two connectors.
    Now just slightly to the right you will see a locking tab that latches the integration relay box to the back of the fuse block.
    Pull up the tab to loose the bottom from the fuse block.
    Now either by pulling and/or prying with a large screw driver, the entire integration block pops out of the fuse block toward the front of the vehicle. Just like unplugging a big giant relay. Be careful not to apply too much upward or angled stress on the assembly. The direction is out away from the fuse block.
    Inside is a very complex circuit board. I seriously doubt unless you can find a full blown schematic you will be able to repair this. There are multiple relays, an embedded logic/timer micro, many surface mount diodes, and quite a few output transistors.
    I'm obviously going to have to find a replacement.
    Not sure if these are all basically the same, and I can get one from a bone yard, or if I have to buy a new one.
    I have to believe that this is not a cheep item.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Delerious

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    5 times
    Images

Default Re: How do I replace the Integration Relay?

http://www.toyodiy.com/ should have info, ya just need to enter your specific trucks info and look it up! looking at the part might help with figuring out how to replace it? I would think a Relay would not be that hard to replace? I know my PCV on my 93 V6 was probably harder to replace than this relay!
    the part # mentioned earlier is in this link can be founf on 3rd pg of 8 and it's around 250.00 but not much of a picture? 82730-0C020

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...OEM&siteid=840 add above PN and it's like 165.00?
    Last edited by HOGWILD; 11-17-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    I nearly had to replace mine due to a leaking windshield allowing water to enter the J/B and integration relay. The dealer wanted ~$220.00 for the part and needed a day to get it. I removed it and took it apart and dried it out and re-installed it and it has been 2 months with no more problems. But anyway the dealer said it was all one assembly. Not sure if he was right. Good luck.
    Thanks MNM for the heads up. I had exactly the same problem. Had a small hole in the top corner of the drivers windshield. Pulled out the Integration relay and found water sitting in a few of the connectors. I let it dry out and I am back in business. Also coated them in Dialectic grease and sealed windshield hole. Thanks.

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Attached is a picture another member took. If you do a search you might find info. Sorry but I don't remember who to give credit to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fusebox3bm1[1].jpg 
Views:	1094 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	42208  
    03 Stratosphere Mica Stepside, 4.7 L, Supercharger, TRD Package, TRD Exhaust,
    Scion Head Unit 08600-21802,
    Custom leather heated seats 2 tone with TRD LOGO, Moonroof, ARE LID, ZR3 Laser Shifter, Denso IK22 .4mm Iridium Plugs, Scan Gauge 2,
    Rhino Liner, Die Hard Platinum P5 battery
    5.7 Killer

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i have no tail lights and every thing is good but the integration relay. i have the same hole in the wind shield problem. i will pull hte relay and dry it out thanks for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 09-10-2010, 09:47 AM