I have had several people email me about installing the factory fog lights on there 06 double cab Tundra. I installed them on mine with no trouble at all. Here are some instructions and part numbers. Hope this will help everyone.
These instuctions will work for 2006 Double Cab Tundra that is pre-wired from factory.
Tools needed are 10MM socket and phillips screwdriver.
1. Disconnect negative terminal on battery with 10MM socket or wrench.
2. Under each fog light under the bumper there are 3 10MM bolts that hold up the fender well. Remove the bolts and stick your hand up to get the wiring for the fog lights loose. The wiring is held up by tape you need to get it loose. Be careful not to cut the wiring. Do this to each side.
3. Remove black cups that are in fog light holes. There is a clip (that is built into the fender) on the side of them to remove them. Fog lights go in the same way and use that same clip. Im calling it a clip but more like a tab. If you use the toyota lights there is a little hole that the adjustment screw will line up with. Fog lights will be marked left and right and they
should push in. Make sure the adjustment screw snaps into the hole. Plug in the lights to the wiring. Replace bolts in fender well.
4. On the steering wheel there are 3 screws that need to be removed. Right under the steering wheel there is one in the center on the bottom side. The other 2 screws you can see by turning the steering wheel left and right they are in the crack between the steering wheel and the plastic cover. Using the srewdriver you go on the side of the steering wheel turning it right to get one screw and left to get the other. You need to remove the cover on the top and bottom of the steering column.
The 2 halves have little tabs that hold them together. They will unclip just be aware they are there. You can also use the tilt to get more room to take covers off the column.
5. The stalk has a tab that holds the electrical pug underneath it. Just push the tab to unclip it. Also remove the 2 screws that hold the stalk to the column. Slide the old stalk out and slide the new one in. Reinstall screws and electical plug. Now you can put column back together.
6. The relay needs to be put in. It is inside the cab by the park brake. If you are looking at the fuse box go to the back of it. The relay will be at the very bottom in the center of the back side of the fuse box. Don't look in the fuse box but on the back side of it. You may need a small mirror to
see it and get it plugged in.
7. Also make sure the fuse is in the fuse box on the front side in the fog light slot. My was there already.
8. Replace battery terminal and lights should work. It should take about an hour or less to do. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Toyota Part Numbers:
81210-0C021 Fog Lamp Assembly $111.91
81220-0C021 Fog Lamp Assembly $111.91
84140-0C050 Stalk Switch Assembly $ 99.67
90080-87026 Relay $ 46.93
With shipping it was $397.11
I ordered from this website 3 times already. They have great service and fast shipping. My local dealer wanted $150 more for the same parts.
Toyota Parts Accessory Dealer Toyota Auto Parts Accessories