2006 Tundra Double Cab Fog Light Install Instructions

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Tundra Double Cab Fog Light Install Instructions

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default 2006 Tundra Double Cab Fog Light Install Instructions

I have had several people email me about installing the factory fog lights on there 06 double cab Tundra. I installed them on mine with no trouble at all. Here are some instructions and part numbers. Hope this will help everyone.

These instuctions will work for 2006 Double Cab Tundra that is pre-wired from factory.

Tools needed are 10MM socket and phillips screwdriver.

1. Disconnect negative terminal on battery with 10MM socket or wrench.
    2. Under each fog light under the bumper there are 3 10MM bolts that hold up the fender well. Remove the bolts and stick your hand up to get the wiring for the fog lights loose. The wiring is held up by tape you need to get it loose. Be careful not to cut the wiring. Do this to each side.

3. Remove black cups that are in fog light holes. There is a clip (that is built into the fender) on the side of them to remove them. Fog lights go in the same way and use that same clip. Im calling it a clip but more like a tab. If you use the toyota lights there is a little hole that the adjustment screw will line up with. Fog lights will be marked left and right and they
    should push in. Make sure the adjustment screw snaps into the hole. Plug in the lights to the wiring. Replace bolts in fender well.

4. On the steering wheel there are 3 screws that need to be removed. Right under the steering wheel there is one in the center on the bottom side. The other 2 screws you can see by turning the steering wheel left and right they are in the crack between the steering wheel and the plastic cover. Using the srewdriver you go on the side of the steering wheel turning it right to get one screw and left to get the other. You need to remove the cover on the top and bottom of the steering column.
    The 2 halves have little tabs that hold them together. They will unclip just be aware they are there. You can also use the tilt to get more room to take covers off the column.

5. The stalk has a tab that holds the electrical pug underneath it. Just push the tab to unclip it. Also remove the 2 screws that hold the stalk to the column. Slide the old stalk out and slide the new one in. Reinstall screws and electical plug. Now you can put column back together.

6. The relay needs to be put in. It is inside the cab by the park brake. If you are looking at the fuse box go to the back of it. The relay will be at the very bottom in the center of the back side of the fuse box. Don't look in the fuse box but on the back side of it. You may need a small mirror to
    see it and get it plugged in.

7. Also make sure the fuse is in the fuse box on the front side in the fog light slot. My was there already.

8. Replace battery terminal and lights should work. It should take about an hour or less to do. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Toyota Part Numbers:
    81210-0C021 Fog Lamp Assembly $111.91
    81220-0C021 Fog Lamp Assembly $111.91
    84140-0C050 Stalk Switch Assembly $ 99.67
    90080-87026 Relay $ 46.93
    With shipping it was $397.11

I ordered from this website 3 times already. They have great service and fast shipping. My local dealer wanted $150 more for the same parts.
    Toyota Parts Accessory Dealer Toyota Auto Parts Accessories

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: 2006 Tundra Double Cab Fog Light Install Instructions

mine doesnt turn on i have all the items plug i checked high beams I made sure of all the connections and also have the same parts as you do. i dont know what else to do please help thanks

sam
    00 Black Tundra limited hand down to bro
    05 white double cab srs tundra

Liked
    0 times

no one can help me?
    00 Black Tundra limited hand down to bro
    05 white double cab srs tundra

Liked
    0 times

I just did the request and i get:

Part Number: 812100c021 Electrical - Chassis electrical - Fog lamps - Fog lamp assy FOG LAMP ASSY, Tundra, Round, Right 2003 - 2005 $116.58
    Part Number: 812200c021 Electrical - Chassis electrical - Fog lamps - Fog lamp assy FOG LAMP ASSY, Tundra, Round, Left 2003 - 2005 $116.58
    Part Number: 841400c050 Electrical - Chassis electrical - Switches - Headlamp switch HEADLAMP SWITCH, Tundra, w/Fog Lamps 2003 - 2005 $103.83
    Part Number: 9008087026 Electrical - Powertrain control - Main relay MAIN RELAY, Celica 2000 - 2005 $46.93

Prices are a bit higher, but my main concern is they don't say for a 2006 Tundra and the Main Relay says Celica not Tundra.

Just curious before I order...

Liked
    0 times

bumping this waiting for an answer

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by yodapug View Post
    I have had several people email me about installing the factory fog lights on there 06 double cab Tundra. I installed them on mine with no trouble at all. Here are some instructions and part numbers. Hope this will help everyone.

These instuctions will work for 2006 Double Cab Tundra that is pre-wired from factory.
    I HAVE A 2006 DC SR5 THAT DOESN'T COME WITH THE FOG LIGHTS...HOW DO I KNOW IF MINE IS PRE-WIRED LIKE YOU MENTIONED??

THANKS!
    2006 Toyota Tundra SR5
    RCD 6" lift / 5100 bilstein rear shocks / 3" custom body lift / 17x9 Pro Comp 6001 chrome finish / RhinoLining / Husky Black Tool Box / Leer Ladder Rack / 35/12.50r17 Pro Comp Xterrains / Valor IDA-700W 7" WideScreen / AVE AV-1520 15.2" TFT/LCD Flip Down Monitor / 8" Infinity Reference 850w subs / Custom Fiberglass sealed enclosure / MB Quartz DSD216 Discus Components front and rear / Kenwood KAC819 Mono Amp / PPI5440 5 Channel Amp / Power Converter w/ audio/video input

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Most are wired and if you look up behind the fog lights you will see the wires and they are taped up not being used

Liked
    1 times

hey nasincali i just checked my 06 tundra and its wired but is it possible my truck already has the relay already behind the fuse box? (if i DONT have the fog lights already)

cdh
    Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I just got my 06 Dbl Cab SR5 with DRL. I'm confused as to whether there is a different procedure from the ones without DRL. Mine is prewired, you can see the connectors through the space behind the bumper when the hood is opened.

The Friendly Dragon by the Sea Puffnstuff's Avatar
    Liked
    179 times
    Images

Are the drl's the small lights towards the inside of the headlight housing? Mine blink when the keyless entry is activated however they do not come on any other time.

Liked
    0 times

Default This worked for me!

Just finished my install! Great directions and PNs! I wished I read them more carefully because I didn't realize there was the 2 screws behind the steering wheel until later. This is for my 2005 DC. Woot! I took some pix of the fuse panel box -- I removed mine slightly to get a pic of it.

Liked
    0 times

Default Relay location pix

Yes I dismantled the area to remove the fuse box. Fun job!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I have the switch and relay but I dont want to spend that much on the lamps. So I want to use something like bling lights. Can I just splice these on to the stock harness?

Liked
    13 times
    Images

anyone know if this procedure will work on an 03 regular cab?
    08 Tundra DC 5.7 4x4 TRD
    97 F350 460 4x4...aka: Snowman
    09 4Runner 4x4 X-REAS
    04 Kubota L3830 4x4
    06 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4x4

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by headleyj View Post
    anyone know if this procedure will work on an 03 regular cab?
    Check and see if it is prewired
    2005 A/C SR5 4X4 V8
    2 1/2 spacers,TC diff drop, 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, flowmaster exaust, 20% tint , Lo profile Husky truck box, 7" Clarion in-dash, Kicker CVR 10" sub, Punch 300, Memphis highs and more to come!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)