O2 sensor recall.

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: O2 sensor recall.

Liked
    0 times
    Images

Default O2 sensor recall.

does anyone know where i can get VALID info on the o2 sensor recall. My check engine went on and the OBD reader said PO155. I called toyota cust service and they told me there is / was no recall or TSB for these sensors.

This is a certified vehicle and it is NOT covered!!! ???? can anyone help?? i need a link to print off or something to take to the dealer..

any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default Re: O2 sensor recall.

Quote Originally Posted by cttundraguy67
    does anyone know where i can get VALID info on the o2 sensor recall. My check engine went on and the OBD reader said PO155. I called toyota cust service and they told me there is / was no recall or TSB for these sensors.

This is a certified vehicle and it is NOT covered!!! ???? can anyone help?? i need a link to print off or something to take to the dealer..

any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance
    There was not a recall or TSB issued on this. Toyota issued a " Warranty Enhancement Notice" applicable to 2000 Through Mid-2002 Model Year Toyota Tundra V8 (2UZ-FE Engine). Owner's were notified by letter.

"In recent months, Toyota has received reports of custome concerns regarding the two oxygen sensors located in the exhuast manifolds that monitor exhaust emissions. These oxygen sensors are installed ahead of the catalytic converter and are also known as the Number 1 Oxygen Sensors. To minimize these concers, Toyota will extend the warranty of these oxygen sensors for illumination of Malfunction Indicator Lamp (check engine light) related to any of the following diagnostic codes (as diagnosed by your local Toyota Dealer): PO135 and P0155.

If your check engine light illuminates, please bring your vehicle into your local Toyota dealer for diagnosis and repair. Please note that a check engine light can illuminate for unrelated to the Number 1 Oxygen Sensors.

This warranty extension is offered for a total period of 7 years or 90,000 miles from the vehicle's in-service date, whichever occurs first, for the failure of eiher of the Number 1 Oxygen Sensors. The specific components covered by this warranty extension are:
    - Number 1 Oxygen Sensor, Bank 1 (left side exhaust manifold)
    - Number 1 Oxygen Sensor, Bank 2 (right side exhaust manifold)
    This offer is limited to your specfic Tundra whose VIN is provided and is subject to the same conditions set forth in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty section of your Owner's Warranty Information booklet*, with the exception of the extended warranty coverage on the oxygen sensors listed above. Please note that this coverage is for warranty work performed at an authorized Toyota dealer only"

Liked
    32 times
    Images

OH, and I used Denso's again!

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I've had 2 O2 sensors replaced during the extended warranty. I recently received another check engine light associated to the passenger side O2 sensor thats in front of the catalic convertor. What brand of sensor would be recommended as a replacement? Three sensors gone bad I don't want Toyota brand, plus I was told there is a special tool used to remove the sensor, is this true and what is it? Thanks for any information.

Liked
    32 times
    Images

I bought original equipment again , but got a better deal online. The socket has a slit in the side to allow the wire to not get caught up during install.

OTC , 7807 Heated Oxygen Sensor Wrench T94P-9472-A

I would definately try a after market sensor next......

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Hi,
    Brand nwe to the site....I have an 02 sequoia, 117k on it. in 2008, I need to put a new O2 Sensor on my truck. I had the PO155 code and had 75k on the vehicle.
    Paid the dealer $277.00 to replace O2 sensor 1 bank 2.
    Now, my inspection is up in 3 days, and I failed the emissions test for the 3rd time. My local mechanic has been trouble shooting now for the 3rd time. I was told today by the garage I go to told that I definitely need a nesensor sine they were able to rest the Check Engine Light multiple times and it would repair w/in 3-4 miles of driving.
    In addition I was told this evening that whoever put it on in 08 @ the dealership stripped the sensor and I am looking at 2-3 hours labor to remove and replace on top of the price of the new sensor.

1. Do you think a TOYOTA Garage would strip one of these, or since the thread shows there is a specific tool, would you think that my mechanic stripped the sensor and is passing the buck.
    2. Would the recall be applicable to a replacement 02 sensor since it was done at a TOYOTA Dealership 3 1/2 years ago and has only been driven 30,000 miles.

I appreciate anyone's feedback.. This is really annoying since the Pennsylvania laws prohibit a vehicle from passing inspection without passing inspection and this is has become a VERY EXPENSIVE AND REDUNDANT ISSUE.

THank you so much - looking forward to contributing as well.

Liked
    32 times
    Images

Who knows who stripped it, make damn sure they use anti seize on it the next time. They are fairly easy to strip if the socket is tilted at all. I had the dealer do mine the first time they for sure stripped one of mine. I used a tool to rethread it came out fine.
    I applied anti seize on both of them. I would highly recommend doing it yourself its really easy. I've been through two sets of o2 sensors within 44k. The first set were on Toyota the next set on me. I find it unacceptable but nothing you can do.
    The last one after anti seize took me literally five minutes most of that was crawling under there.

Good luck , but no way of knowing who stripped it I do know they strip easily.

Veteran Member 2003bajatundra4x4ac's Avatar
    Liked
    372 times
    Images

i just changed mine out for $117 for BOTH front sensors and 25 minutes of my time, shipped overnight from ROCKAUTO.COM. use Denso OEM brand. by them and take them to your wrench monkey if you don't feel comfie under there. at least you won't pay for his markup on parts.
    All you Baja lovers check out: http://www.MasOlas.com