Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Rattling noise...

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  2DaMax 
#1 ·
I have a '95 4Runner Limited 4x4. I keep hearing some type of rattling noise coming from under the truck during acceleration and deceleration only. Seems like its coming from the driveshaft, however, I could not verify this just by looking under the vehicle while its stationary. Has anyone had this type of problem on their 4Runner?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Rattling Noise

2DaMax said:
I have a '95 4Runner Limited 4x4. I keep hearing some type of rattling noise coming from under the truck during acceleration and deceleration only. Seems like its coming from the driveshaft, however, I could not verify this just by looking under the vehicle while its stationary. Has anyone had this type of problem on their 4Runner?

Thanks.
HAVE YOU INSPECTED YOUR CATS HEAT SHIELD WHEN THE WELDS BREAK THEY RATTLE UNDER LOAD AND CAN ALSO MAKE WHEN YOUR AT A STOP LIGHT IN GEAR .
KEVIN

#3 ·
I haven't done that, I will look into it. The rattling noise is pretty hard to describe but it sounds like the kind of rattling coming from an object that is spinning. It's like squeeking brakes as you're coming to a stop but instead of a squeek its a rattle.

KLINDSEY said:
HAVE YOU INSPECTED YOUR CATS HEAT SHIELD WHEN THE WELDS BREAK THEY RATTLE UNDER LOAD AND CAN ALSO MAKE WHEN YOUR AT A STOP LIGHT IN GEAR .
KEVIN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.