How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine? - Page 5

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine

My 03 with a 4.7L had 260k and never had a problem with it nothin replaced

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine

Kingfish008, I have same motor in my 06. 110,000. Nothing replaced? does that include timing belt? Just wondering since I just bought my truck last week and gotta save up for the timing belt replacement service.

Liked
    2899 times
    Images

10 1/2 year old 4.7L Tundra, 61,400 miles. Just barely broken in!
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    2002 Tundra V8 SR5 2WD AC
    1C7-Thunder Gray Metallic | Bilstein 5100s | Wheeler's Progressive 3-leaf AAL w/ OL Leaf
    LT265/75R16D1 Nitto Terra Grapplers | Wheeler's Poly Sway Bar Bushing/Bump Stop Set
    eBay T304 SS Headers | Percy's #66080 Header Gaskets | Remflex #8015 Collector Gaskets
    13WL Caliper Upgrade | Hawk Quiet Slot Rotors | Hawk LTS Brake Pads
    Mobil 1 Syn 5W-30 | Mobil 1 Syn ATF | Mobil 1 Syn 75W-90 Gear Oil | Magnefine ATF Filter 3/8"

Denso #K20R-U Plugs | Russell Speed Bleeders #639570 (7mm)
    Ham Radio: KJ6OPA | CB Radio/Handle: Midland 75-822/"Marksman"
    * * * O2 Sensor Replacement DIY * * *

"I came into this world covered in someone else's blood and screaming...I'm not afraid to leave it in the same way."

Liked
    409 times
    Images

2004 4.7 139,750 and still going strong...
    Jason
    It's paid off and and starts when i turn the key

If You seek advice, then LISTEN with your EARS not your MOUTH.....

Liked
    41 times
    Images

gonna hit 245k in a wk here. oil change evey 5k with mobile 1 syn using just fram filters.
    Highwaylizard likes this.
    '00 tundra
    '06 sequoia
    '98 forester

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times

116,000 on 2004 4.7, ( replaced ball joints (recalled), water pump ,timing belt, front rotors and pads, one front stabilizer link, now the o2 sensor( if i can figure out the part number)!

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	807 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	91706

Turned 450,000 last weekend. Same 4.7, tranny, AC, and shocks. Just wheel bearings & brakes and front O2 sensors. 1 pinhole radiator leak but Barr's fixed that. Water pump & timing belt every 100K. Amsoil signature and PI every 15,000 miles. Still a very tight truck. 600K won't be an issue. I wanna be like tundradr.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    12 times

So you guys with 400-600k on your stock tranny, please do tell us what you are doing maintenance-wise?

Rookie
    Liked
    4 times

I just have synthetic differential and tranny fluid drained & refilled every 100,000 miles. Looking at my receipts there have been a couple of different brands. I tow a 1000 lb boat 103 miles once a week over to the coast from Orlando. Not a big load but I do pull it at around 78 MPH. I'm starting to think Toyota may want this truck back for forensic engineering. I really didn't think 450,000 would be considered high miles. The one issue that I failed to mention in the first post was that the air pump under the intake failed. I never had it replaced. I just take a little code reader and clear the code before it tries to go into limp mode. That happened around 160,000 miles. It didn't seem to have any effect on MPG.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    48 times
    Images

My 13 year old Tundra is in the shop right now for a new FR wheel bearing and hub. The road noise was getting a little too loud for my comfort. I have 204K miles. I'm also getting the front axle boots replaced because they are starting to leak. The front brake pads are being replaced too. They seem to last me 70K miles on average.

Rookie
    Liked
    1 times
    Images

I have 172,000 on an '06 tundra 4.0 v6

Lurking Member
    Liked
    53 times
    Images

hi. 668,000, changed the trans fluid and flushed it once because my trans cooler failed and drew radiator fluid into the trans. other than that, no "miracle fluids". maybe the key is to put radiator fluid into the trans every 400k or so. ha.
    Crazy Ivan, tundra3400 and vman858 like this.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    12 times

hi. 668,000, changed the trans fluid and flushed it once because my trans cooler failed and drew radiator fluid into the trans. other than that, no "miracle fluids". maybe the key is to put radiator fluid into the trans every 400k or so. ha.
    Wow....got a good laugh too, don't think I'm going to try the radiator fluid trick though

Rookie
    Liked
    2 times

hello,
    292,000. 4.7L v8 4x4. original engine 3 coils replaced. original tranny no rebuilds. actually has the original fluid in there too...im not happy about it but still works fine. I thought i had a lot, 668,000...where do you go? haha

Lurking Member
    Liked
    53 times
    Images

I'm a horse vet, my dog and I cover about 7 Northern Michigan counties. I have replaced 1 complete set of coils, as well as 2 individual ones. Had a bad backfire when first driving it in the am for a bit, stopped when I replaced the battery. Think the ecu wasn't getting enough juice. One backfire was so loud that it split the seam on the (still original) muffler, thing sounded terrible. Too cheap to buy a new one without at least attempting a repair, took some gasket material, stuffed it in the split, wrapped a piece of heating duct metal around part of the muffler, and tightened a couple of really big hose clamps around it. Now it sounds a little more badass, and it cost me about twenty bucks. My car-crazy stepson is jealous, cuz now my 2000 tundra sounds better than his 2008 w cherry bombs on it. : )
    Crazy Ivan and Highwaylizard like this.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast