How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

Liked
    0 times

Default How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

I am wondering - who has the highest miles here and what engine? I have heard that most any engine in the Tundra- whether it be the 3.4L, or the 4.7L, both are virtually bulletproof.

One Tundra I am considering is a V8, with 165K and is stated to be in perfect running order. I have had Toyotas before with well over 200K and a Lexus with 245K- still running strong.

So, if a V8 model was well-kept, is 165K considered "high miles"?

My grandpa- when his car reaches 75K- he is ready to trade it in- it has high miles and that is with the 2000 mile oil change intervals. LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

My 2001 4x4 is at 105,000 with only tires,brakes and the O2 sensors replaced. Plan on keeping it till 150,000.

Veteran Member
    Liked
    1 times

Default Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaffer View Post
    I am wondering - who has the highest miles here and what engine? I have heard that most any engine in the Tundra- whether it be the 3.4L, or the 4.7L, both are virtually bulletproof.

One Tundra I am considering is a V8, with 165K and is stated to be in perfect running order. I have had Toyotas before with well over 200K and a Lexus with 245K- still running strong.

So, if a V8 model was well-kept, is 165K considered "high miles"?

My grandpa- when his car reaches 75K- he is ready to trade it in- it has high miles and that is with the 2000 mile oil change intervals. LOL
    There is one member here who has in excess of 300k on his Tundra. I believe his username is PROPAK. There are other members with well over 100k.

I have 110k on my '01 and it is still running strong. I expect it to go to 200k with no problem.

For a lot of people that 100k mark is considered a high mileage vehicle. something psychological about hitting that 6 digit mark.

Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by userw5 View Post
    There is one member here who has in excess of 300k on his Tundra. I believe his username is PROPAK. There are other members with well over 100k.

I have 110k on my '01 and it is still running strong. I expect it to go to 200k with no problem.

For a lot of people that 100k mark is considered a high mileage vehicle. something psychological about hitting that 6 digit mark.
    It's because their odomoters roll over at 99,999. Atleast it's that way in my bro's bronco...I don't think Ford ever expected their vehicles to go that long...
    Lalo likes this.

Liked
    1 times

My 01 just hit 100k, still runs like a champ.
    2007 X-Runner

Bring back Dave Peters. lol

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I've got 135K on my '01. I bought it with 128k and never blinked an eye. I think most people sell their vehicles looooooooong before their useful life is expended.

Liked
    67 times
    Images

I knew a guy with a Chevy Astro, he had over 400,000 miles on it, never had any engine work (rings, rebuild, etc), he would put Molyslip in whenever he got the oil changed.
    I don't have a penis...anymore

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

i just bought a 101k 2001 tundra.. guy was seriously obsessive compulsive with this truck, not a scratch, dent, ding, micron of rust, period... looks like it was just built... i think it looks better now then when it first popped out of the wearhouse...

IMO domestic and import milage are different... a domestic like dodge or ford, don't seem to run as long and as good after a while as import truck's do... in some cases this in untrue... but i personally think that import's run much better after 100k then dom's i was looking at a 183k dodge ram (ima ram fan) and the tranny was about to fall off. and rust was all over... i went to look at a 190k toyota tacoma yesterday.... (dodge was a 98) and it was running smooth as silk, with the stock tranny and no engine work cept smog and that stuff... ram had orig tranny too... so i am really happy with my tundra.... just need to put some stuff on her to make her sexier

Liked
    2 times

I don't know about the rest of you, but I treat my truck like a truck. It doesn't get pu$$y-footed around town, and it's got plenty of scratches and small dents. Honestly though, I could care less. It's that kind of thing that makes me proud to own a truck; plus people can tell I really use it

But I also take care of it very well. I only have 58,000 miles but at this rate i can see no end. Toyota's in general are amazing. All you have to do if change the fluids and small regular maintance and you'll be set till the wheels fall off!!! (lets hope they don't though)
    David~2001 Toyota Tundra 4X4 TRD SR5~SSautochrome headers~Single 2.5" exhaust w/ Flowmaster 50 series delta flow muffler~K&N FIPK intake system w/True-flow filter~ASP underdrive pulley~Custom tuned Unichip (thank you Johan)~Powertrax No-slip~Bilstein 5100 front and rear w/ Deaver 10 pack~Diff breather mod~255/85 BFG M/T on Wheelers Black Steelies Type B~Custom Rocksliders~Skid Row front skid plate~Custom Transfer case skid plate

Liked
    0 times

Well, thats good to hear. One I am considering has 165K and one has 191K. Both are 1-owners and in excellent conditions. Both are 2000 V8 4WD models. The 165K one is access cab and I can get around $7800 I think. The 191K one is regular cab and I think I can get it around $7000- maybe less. I am thinking of offering $6500.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs up Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

At work we have a 00 tundra 3.4 198,000 and a T-100 279,000 miles both have been great.

Liked
    1 times

honestly, on any modern vehicle, barring domestic models with known problem engines, the engine will far outlast the other components of the vehicle.

modern machining methods and lubrication technology are so good, the engine block is rarely the problem. on a truck with over 150,000 miles, i would be more interested in finding out the condition and cost to replace for: suspension bushings and joints; u-joints; tranny; fuel pump; injectors; interior trim; 4x4 actuators; a/c compressor and parts; window and door seal rubber; windshield rubber; dry rotted brake lines; etc.

if the block made it to over 100K, it's probably good. i would be more concerned about all the other little refinements that make daily driving a pleasure instead of a sloppy, rattling torture session...

my nissan has 180K and no burning or leaking oil. all the other stuff is starting to go, though, and it's hard to find the electrical components in good condition anywhere except the dealer. getting ready to drop 100 bucks so my high beam headlights will work again. then, all new bushings and struts for about a grand of parts and labor. cruise control button contacts wearing out. plastic parts on driver side outside mirror cracked. u-joints getting sloppy. paint scratched. door rubber letting wind noise in. etc... pony up the nickles and dimes or trade it in... ;-O
    2004 Tundra DC Limited Phantom Perl Gray w/ Oak Leather Interior (power sunroof, Kazuma TRD LSD, Advance 4 panel hard tonneau cover, Hellwig antisway bar, lighted running boards, dual battery setup with 1500 watt 120 volt power inverter, additional 'always-on' 12 volt outlets, aftermarket dual zone heated seat kits, Blizzack W965 LT235/85R16 winter tires on stock steel rims, JBA cat-forward titanium ceramic coated headers, tinted front driver's and passenger's windows, alignment to DJ's specs, Roadmaster VR-3 backup camera, Waeco 12 volt fridge/freezer, and, the best for last.... black rubber floor mats from Sams.) Recently added: baby seat!

Wish list: too long, wife would kill me!

2003 Corolla (bone stock, but well loved and cared for!)

"Expect the impossible."
    - JC and the Brothers of Thunder

Liked
    15 times
    Images

Default Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine

'01 4x4 extra cab V8 192,000 mi. JBA headers, 2 1/2" cat back, K&N drop in filter. Only regular maintainance including MAF and throttle cleaning, no problems.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    51 times
    Images

Default Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine

610,000 miles. Same engine and tranny. Change the oil every 5k, always on full.
    mcat, yrtneg24 and DakotaSD like this.

ASE Autobdy Master Tech Greasygreg's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Images

Tundradr..We would dearly love a pic of your odometer.Not that any of us are doubting you or your tundras reliability,but PLEASE!! a pic,and all the bragging rights are YOURS!
    mcat likes this.
    2005 Tundra D/C Full of sand/out of gas.. Off to work I go...

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast