Toyota Tundra Forums banner

O2 Sensor...Please help

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Thundergray01 
#1 ·
Ok...I know there has been alot of talk on this subjet...but be kind Im a girl! :ts:

Over the weekend my light came on. I have a 2001 Tundra with over 91,000 miles. I checked with my scanner and I got the dreaded front drivers side 02 sensor is out. Since it isn't in warranty, I am going to try and do this myself. I know where everyone says to buy the sensors from Spark plug, Spark plug wire, spark plug gap, spark plug cross reference and ignition wires at Sparkplugs.com What I need help in is can anyone tell me how to change this part out and what tools I need. Pictures of where it is located would help! I am learning...so sorry for the repeat of the 02 sensor tread.

#2 ·
Take it in to the dealer. Being 1000 mi over they might do it on good faith. Wishful thinking, I know but, worth a shot.

If not, you should be able to access through the wheel well. You'll need to remove the rubber cover to gain access. Once you're able to gain access, spray with some PB Blaster. This should help loosen it up a bit. Then use a box end wrench to remove it.

#4 ·
As stated above, I would spray WD-40 on the sensor pipe connection for 2 or 3 days before you try to remove it.

My 2006 front sensors are pretty acessable from under the truck. The hardest part is usally unplugging the wire connector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.