Battery specs for 99 4Runner

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery specs for 99 4Runner

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Battery specs for 99 4Runner

I'm sure the original battery in my wife's 99 4Runner is about to expire. I need some info/advice. The battery and associated manuals I have do not specify the size nor CCA for the original Pasasonic battery. I have the dimensions (10x7x8), but that's it!

What Group Size is recommended for the 4Runner w/ the 3.4 L and all the bells and whistles. Would a 650 CCA be sufficient?

Also, it's been a while since I replaced a battery. In the good ol' days, Diehards and Interstates were king. I have my doubts about that today. Any preference for a good 5 yr battery?

Thansk in advance.

Kevin
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, 4X4, SR-5 Package, TRD Off Road Pkg., 5.7 L FFV, Nautical Blue Metallic; Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust System #817486; Line-X bedliner application; ARE "Z" series Camper Shell, Husky Floor Liners, Auto Vent Shades, TRD Cold Air Induction system, TRD Anti-sway bar.

2011 Rav4 4WD, Pacific Blue Metallic, 2.5 L, Husky Floor Liners, Auto Vent Shades.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Battery specs for 99 4Runner

group 35 or 24
    35=550 cca
    24-575 cca
    optima gotta be an optima

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Perfect...Thanks UCK40!

Optima....pretty pricy @ $139+.

Local dealers carry (Autozone, O'Riellys, NAPA, etc)?
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, 4X4, SR-5 Package, TRD Off Road Pkg., 5.7 L FFV, Nautical Blue Metallic; Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust System #817486; Line-X bedliner application; ARE "Z" series Camper Shell, Husky Floor Liners, Auto Vent Shades, TRD Cold Air Induction system, TRD Anti-sway bar.

2011 Rav4 4WD, Pacific Blue Metallic, 2.5 L, Husky Floor Liners, Auto Vent Shades.

Liked
    0 times

I stuck a red top optima in my 99! should not need a battery for a LONG time...very quality battery

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.