factory amp in 04 doublecab-JBL system

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: factory amp in 04 doublecab-JBL system

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Default factory amp in 04 doublecab-JBL system

does anyone know the size of the factory amp and where it is installed. i have the jbl system and am thinking of intalling new speakers. i plan on buying the bazooka VSE. i wanted to install a new amp for my new speakers, possibly under one of the front seats. but i looked and there are air ducts coming out under both front seats. what amp are people installing under the front seats, without any modifiing of the air ducts. OR, i thought i could just upgrade the factory amp if it is actually separate from the factory HU, which i plan on keeping till my wallet gets a little heavier. is there room for a larger sized amp? sorry the post is so long and ramblin. new to the website and i love it. LOTS of good info

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: factory amp in 04 doublecab-JBL system

Try looking under the back seat that is a most likely place for it or it could be behined the back theses are just a few places to check and plus that will be a good time to clean
    out your truck but I'm thinking that the only place they can put it is back there unless
    it can fit under the driver or pass seat but I dought that so just look in thoses places and you should find it good luck to you
    JBK23.
    2006 Tundra Double cab SR5 4x2 4.7L V8:laughing:

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

no, there is 0 room under the back seats. i'm thinking it might be behind the panel where the rear power window slides down into. that is if this system even HAS an amp. i don't even know that it does. but thanks for replying!!!

Random Poster
    Liked
    21 times

The factory amp is behind the back seat panel in the wall, on the drivers side. The amp dimensioal size is roughly 8x11, roughly 2 inches thick.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

would an aftermarket amp work if i found one to fit? can you recommend any that would be the right size for that spot. i'm going to upgrade the speakers and probably install the bazooka VSE. thanks

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

actually the factory amp is in the dash. should be a silver unit just under and behind the air conditioning controls. taking it out though, might be a challenge.

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

The amp is behind the back seat, behind the rear panel below the rear window.

I believe the HU and amp are a matched set. If you replace the amp, you'll need something to help send it the correct signal.