Bluetooth microphone location

1. Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums General discussion forum for Toyota Trucks

Welcome to Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums - a website dedicated to all things Toyota Tundra.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forums today!

Thread: Bluetooth microphone location

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Default Bluetooth microphone location

I will be installing an Avic D3 and a CD-BTB 200 Bluetooth Adapter in the near future, does anyone have any recommendations for a location for the microphone? Has anyone tried using the Toyota factory location in the overhead console?
    Last edited by nhparrot; 01-09-2008 at 03:01 PM.
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Toyota Tundra Forum
    Advertisements

Liked
    1 times
    Images

Default Re: Bluetooth microphone location

I was going to put mine there. But after examining the mic I noticed it has several entry points for voice and I didn't want to hinder them. I ended up mounting it right up front at the roof/window line just to the left of the over head console.

P.S. I have the Z2

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

Mounted mine by the visor, no feedback and recipient cannot tell hes on speaker phone

Assistant Administrator nhparrot's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Quote Originally Posted by millsp View Post
    I was going to put mine there. But after examining the mic I noticed it has several entry points for voice and I didn't want to hinder them. I ended up mounting it right up front at the roof/window line just to the left of the over head console.

P.S. I have the Z2
    Quote Originally Posted by reelmagic View Post
    Mounted mine by the visor, no feedback and recipient cannot tell hes on speaker phone
    Thanks
    ~Glenn
    Yes I am a pirate!

"To err is human. To arrr is pirate."

Liked
    1 times

I removed the factory mic and put mine in there. Used a little hotmelt glue to hold it in place:

Dale McLean
    aka PS-RagE
    House of RagE
    See Road RagE II thread for details

Liked
    14 times

I'm gonna try it in the switch blank next to the tow/haul switch. I've been using it there with the voice commands but haven't tried the BT yet.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by asianflava View Post
    I'm gonna try it in the switch blank next to the tow/haul switch. I've been using it there with the voice commands but haven't tried the BT yet.
    I Tried it there it seems to pick up alot of road noise from behind the dash. I would definitely go with the factory location or one higher up in the cab.

Tundra Solutions Founder Truck Champion's Avatar
    Liked
    140 times
    Images

I also installed my Eclipse mic in factory location similar to Toxarch's picture above. I aimed it at the drivers seat and it works perfectly.
    Lon is the TundraSolutions.com Founder and 5 time Tundra Owner. @TruckChampion

Rookie
    Liked
    0 times

I placed mine on the windshield right behind the rear view mirror and tucked all wires along headliner and windshield. Works well, it does not pick up noise from the AC at all and people I speak have not complained or commented on the clarity or volume.

Lurking Member
    Liked
    0 times

I find in just about any vehicle the best placement for the microphone is on top of the steering wheel column. You can speak right into it. Most mics now have noise cancellation, if you put it behind a panel it defeats the purpose.

Liked
    14 times

Mine still isn't mounted, I have it free and am experimenting with different locations. I had it low next to the tow/haul button, it worked fine but the other people said that there was a lot of echo. I mounted it higher, just jammed it into the a/c vent to see how it worked. The other side said that it was a lot better but there was still a little bit of echo. I'm gonna mount it right under the brow of the instrument cluster and see how it goes. I guess that is the same as mounting it on the steering column.

Supporter
    Liked
    0 times

I wound up mounting my mic on the side of the roof console, on the driver's side, about half way back, and angled at about 45 degrees. I used a small strip of double sided foam tape to hold it in place, although the cable keeps it pretty much there. (I ran the cable inside the console, so the cable by the end of the mic is trapped between the console and the headliner.

No echo and sounds great.