Toyota Tundra Forums banner

h.i.d pirate look

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  tundra3400 
#1 ·
aloha. has anyone out there with a 04 limited dbl cab experience problems with h.i.d lights after installed? i hook mines u it works for a little while then only one side works then both work then one side again only etc... can anybody help me with this:confused:

#3 ·
i think he meant that he looked like a pirate with an eye patch because one headlight worked and one didnt. where did you get them from and is it the same headlight each time that doesnt work.

#4 ·
brah... i had the same problem and it was so frustrating i looked retarded driving around like that. do you have bi-xeon or plug and play type H.I.D.'s. if it's bi-xeon it could be your relay in the harness i had that problem. also you might wanna check by the battery there is a gray plug mounted to the side of the inner fender its for your DRL's trying disabling that and also checking if your getting a full 12v. at the inop. light.

#5 ·
also you might wanna check by the battery there is a gray plug mounted to the side of the inner fender its for your DRL's trying disabling that and also checking if your getting a full 12v. at the inop. light.
that is a very good point. they tell you to disable the DRLs. im not sure if all tundras are the same but yea the plug is right next to the battery on the inside drivers side fender. unplug it and tape up the ends.

#9 ·
The inop is where the 12 volt goes into the hid ballast. If it's not 12 or more on each one then that will cause one or the other to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.